Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Huh. Randomly wandered into TVIV, happened upon this thread, gave the show a chance, and am now recommending Westworld to my friends. Thanks, SomethingAwful.

The only part I didn't like is that they're just inexplicably storing them all standing together in a derelict area. If they're potentially dangerous, you'd think they'd just put them in restraints and stuff 'em in shelves like a mortuary would.

On the other hand, that part also left huge unanswered questions about why on Earth there would be this giant shopping-mall-esque lobby on sub-basement 80-whatever. Something tells me there's more happening behind the scenes than we're being led to believe and I like it.

El Jeffe posted:

So it's not a virtual world? They fully repair all those robots overnight, every night?
Serious question: Are you clinically retarded? We saw them physically interacting with the hosts. The only way it's a virtual world is if that's the twist to my unanswered question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

LadyPictureShow posted:

E: With the 'milk', I'm assuming that's actually some kind of... android supplement or something? The milk pouring out of the bullet hole when the renegade host was going slaughter crazy was a neat visual.
'HBO's Westworld: Sometimes Milk is Just Milk'

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Gamesguy posted:

Oh wow I'm slow.
Well, yeah, you were the biggest, most vocal apologist for the shitshow that was the Simcity reboot.

quote:

I just realized the fly swat meant Delores was lying when she told those technicians that she would never hurt another living thing.
As others have mentioned, it might not have been a conscious lie. By the end of the episode, things have just aligned themselves sufficiently in her programming to subvert what the developers intended.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

ol qwerty bastard posted:

It amuses me greatly that Ed Harris's character is called "Black Hat". Not only is he an evil guy in a western, he's also a malicious hacker!
...pretty sure villains in classic Westerns are the origin of that term in the first place.

• Locked thread