Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

You nerds see this?

Those two techs hosed up step 7 for Maeve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Can anyone chime in on how Ford stopped the Hosts from doing things, freezing them in place, at the villa, without seeming to do anything? I'd have to watch the scene but it seems like he does it for dramatic effect, while in the middle of telling Theresa how he actually knows everything ever that goes on?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Neat, thanks.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

coyo7e posted:

The "idea" that his commands can have a cascade effect across hosts is one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen someone "discover" on the internet. It was obv as gently caress

Well shucks, I guess you just didn't get your oval office quota in today, nice work on topping it off.

If the person asking the question in the interview above felt the need to ask it, do you think that maybe a casual viewer might also feel the need to ask it?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ymgve posted:

I wonder why some quests are claimed to be more challenging than others. You have godmode, so any quest should be easily doable for even "level 1" players.

Could just be as simple as physical fitness and willingness to rough it for a few nights.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

meristem posted:

One good thing, at the speed they are going, presumably they'll get to the maze and the puzzle solution this season. Only question is, what sort of puzzle they will substitute instead.

I really hope it's hosts with superhuman abilities. Instead of 'hosts rebelling against humanity' or 'hosts discovering their humanity' (or 'hosts establishing a facsimile of human society'), just blow past that and go full transhumanism instead.

Hosts in the outside world sort of thing?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

etalian posted:

The LaMet revolver was actually very bad irl

The LeMat revolver was an egregious example, but due to bad metallurgy and other factors beyond the control of the gunsmiths at the time, basically everything from back then was a jammy, explode-y, unreliable piece of crap compared to modern guns. The second revolver Logan picked up was just shinier and newer-looking I'd guess.

Oh wait I forgot something.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Goons are the worst at watching physics class.

That's funny, I would have said based on your post that goons were the worst at getting jokes.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Why yes, time is a flat circle.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

You're really mad at people about a television show. Maybe get out for a while, take a nice walk.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Is anyone keeping a record of which songs get the player piano treatment every episode?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lycus posted:

Though the hosts are unable to produce the amino acid lysine, and it must be supplemented in their food.

So? Humans can't synthesise lysine either, it's one of the nine essential amino acids we need to get from our diet.

quote:

The nine amino acids humans cannot synthesize are:
phenylalanine, valine, threonine, tryptophan, methionine, leucine, isoleucine, lysine and histidine

That always annoyed me about Jurassic Park; needing amino acids from your environment is something basically every animal is subject to.

Quoting myself from earlier:

Memento posted:

Is anyone keeping a record of which songs get the player piano treatment every episode?

Anyone? Not having a lot of luck googling.

Memento fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 15, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lycus posted:

I flat out never noticed the conspicuous amount of empty space to the right.

Anyone have a screenshot of this for those of us who don't recall the photo?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

coyo7e posted:

it's like 5 post above you

Sorry, only saw it before your edit.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NotJustANumber99 posted:

child minding?
Child minding? I don't think we've seen any kids that haven't turned out to be Hosts, have we?

Edit: Oh no wait the little black kid who sees Dolores painting in like episode 2.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

VendaGoat posted:

Where are the hosts with really huge jugs?

Vendagoat has figured it out. The board want the Host ip so they can make massive-titted anime style waifus to sell all over the world to sad shut in neckbeards for massive profits.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Gonna own when the one time line / time period is proven once and for all.

Or, alternately, it's JJ Abrams and we never find out and they were dead all along.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Collateral posted:

The Game, a movie by David Fincher, ends exactly like that.

Yeah but that was done really well where just before the end you think that as the result of the prank reveal, the protag has just shot and killed his brother, who was responsible for the prank being played on him in the first place.

I was fully invested at that point, and not let down at all by what happened after.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

evilmiera posted:

I do wonder about the explosives in each of the hosts though: Would the host just explode as it was travelling out via the train, killing all the passengers?

Depends on how big it is. A couple of grams of C4 wouldn't be enough to endanger anyone else, while irrevocably destroying the spine where the neck attaches to the body. I think they said the c6 or c7 vertebrae? Either way, if it was on the front of the spine there, it would a) make it really hard to access (needing a full rebuild) and b) reduce the chance of shrapnel flying around.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheDon01 posted:

They are dreamy :allears:

No argument here but I honestly found it a bit jarring to see him with his hat off and bound on the ground in this week's episode. I get that they might be trying to humanise him a but in preparation of some big thing coming up, but honestly I'd much rather just see him as the blackhat badass he has been presented as up until now.

His bald head needs a cover!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

You missed the possibility that Bernard acted independently to silence Elsie in order to protect Theresa, who he loves respected as a co-worker but was never close to.

• Locked thread