Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There was a Westworld tv series in the seventies that lasted half a season. I don't think I watched it, just saw commercials for it when Sci Fi used to run failed sci fi shows when I was young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

indigi posted:

oh totally, but if their endgoal was to make cashiers, tour guides, and fuckbots, they're already there by a country mile; they could be marketing them already. that's why I think whatever ulterior motive the Dutch boss-lady was hinting at must be something grander/more sinister, but probably not as pedestrian as coal miners/soldiers

Maybe deep cover espionage/stepford wives situations?

Megaspel posted:

I don't think she's a bitch, she just doesn't molly coddle dudes who gently caress up and shouts at people who's ineptitude and short-sightedness may lead to a glorious robot murder revolution. I see where you're coming from though, hopefully we get to see her in some different situations.

Yeah, the only one she really rips into is the rear end in a top hat head of story and we've already seen a lot about how much of a useless prick he is.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 11, 2016

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He's a bad friend is what I'm saying.

Is he even a friend? I got the feeling they were just brothers-in-law.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So was this a confirmation that Ford is a bot? Since a normal person shouldn't be having fond childhood memories of postwar England in a show set a number of decades into the future.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So is Ford an android? I mean how else would he have

Fooz posted:

I'm guessing in future seasons they will explore the outside world.

It's hard to imagine even season 2 at this point. It feels like either a human or android apocalypse is right around the corner.

This is the first time I've heard "anachronistic" referring to the future.

I'm holding out hope for other worlds to be featured in the future. Maybe a cameo heavy episode where we find that Westeros was the basis for MedievalWorld.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Fooz posted:

Seems like an odd idea to me, the hosts appear to need to be unique to Arnold's hand and Ford's domain for the story to work. Maybe other places would have lesser minded bots?

Yeah, I don't think the clues to the outside world are actually that meaningful. The "weeded out in the embryo" line reads as a figure of speech but started some brave new world talk, and MiB flippantly says stuff about a life of plenty and there's talk of post-scarcity, despite the butchers being desperate for money. The orbital launch facility thing does suggest there's spacefaring in at least some capacity, but there's a big gap between that and interstellar travel or planetary terraforming.

And there was the one guest who mentioned something about MiB's charity saving his sister's life. You generally don't find charities if an entire population is living in luxury.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did I miss a scene with what happened to the QA guy after he got talent Joe's by the Ghost Nation?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

NmareBfly posted:

I don't have any, but the basic question isn't 'why were they not taking cover' or some tacticalol poo poo it's literally 'why didn't they shoot at the people who were killing them.'

I thought the basic question was, if they're a trained host response unit, why aren't they packing the park's smart guns?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's not because of the burning at all, the pimp surgeon replaced the bomb vertebrae with a regular one.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
One thing I may have missed, all of the regular bots have the exploding vertebrae that goes if you get outside the perimeter, but Delos' plan was to pick a random bot, cram him full of data and get him on the train. Wouldn't that trigger the vertebrae?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I guess, just the way the med tech was talking about it, it seemed the explosion would be sizable enough to damage the data. Didn't he say that every cell was programmed with protection for the proprietary tech that was the robot?

Though, if the data was important and not the robot at all, it lends credence to the theory that Delos was collecting something else entirely.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Professor Shark posted:

Sort of, it's about 2 "friends" that go to the park, one of them a regular and one a newbie. By the end the newbie learns a lot about himself.

It also focuses a lot on the running of the park and the break-down.

I still maintain that the original Jurassic Park novel is just as close/ closer in terms of inspiration.

Re-read what 'world' he asked about there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They also might not get boat loads of people a year either. It's mentioned that before Delos stepped in the park was hemorrhaging money and that they started 3D printing robots since it was cheaper than the metal and gear endoskeletons. It's implied that Delos is operating the park at a loss since it benefits their other plans.

• Locked thread