Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Is the piano playing Black Hole Sun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
This is really really REALLY good by the way.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo if this keeps the same quality this is a Game of Thrones beater.

Ed Harris is outstanding, so loving awesome

Okay, so I'm gonna assume he's trying to incite them to fight back right? He seems obsessed with taking the whole thing up a notch, he seems bored.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 3, 2016

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Also, I think it's safe to assume that it's not gonna follow the movie and have like, Roman World and Medieval World too right?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

El Jeffe posted:

He was invincible when shot at by Marsden, so that'd make him a guest. But with this show, :iiam:

He said he was coming for 30 years. That means he is a LOOOOONG time guest. Plus if he was a host him outright loving with the rules of the game and stating they are all playthings would got him shitcanned real quick if they canned a host for showing a shred of self awareness.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

muscles like this? posted:

I think people are kind of confused by the hologram display and the idea that they somehow have this gigantic area under their control.

Yeah I really hope they going deeper into this. Like, I have to assume they control the airspace to make sure no planes fly over or anything of that nature.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Trivia posted:

Man, as a fan of the original movie, this was excellent.

Multiple times through this episode I was thinking "Jesus this is dark as gently caress." I hope they go whole-hog and really take the idea to all logical conclusions.

It's gonna be INCREDIBLY dark and hosed up when the prostitute hosts become self aware and realize they were created for the sole purpose of loving rich idiots. That's gonna be a horrifying realization

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
This dude in the black hat really needs to die asap.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I think that dude he shot through the wall was a guest.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

AndItsAllGone posted:

Why do you think that?

I thought he hosed with his gun in some way before he fired.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honestly that dude with the black hat showing the park off to his buddy was obnoxious as poo poo. Oh no dude, not like I maybe wanna explore the park at my own pace, please haul me around like a loving creep.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Man I'd love to go on a cool treasure hunt with that old dude. That seems way more fun than being some weird loner dude blasting the hosts away randomly.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
So calling it now

Arnold was killed by a host. His final desperate act to give them their own selves was to take one and explain everything about the park, it's purpose and what they were meant to do to one of the hosts. Somehow he got through to the host and enraged it enough for it to kill him (with it's bare hands probably). This obviously had to be kept very loving quiet.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I would love an episode to take place totally out of the park and focus on MIB. I honestly think he probably has a really lovely home life. He spends all his time in the park so he must be insanely rich. but I feel like he probably has no family who gives a poo poo about him and he has no real reason to live.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I know it's almost certainly bullshit, but I still am holding onto the idea that the show takes place in the same timeline as the film and the incident they talk about happening 30 years ago are the events of the film.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Please have the rest of the show be Dolores and William's Adventures in Westworld

Dolores loving rules and William leaving that dude behind was incredibly satisfying.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Just gonna say it: This is infinitely better than GOT.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Season Finale Theory: Hopkins is gonna kill off the board in an attempt to keep them from wresting the park from him using the hosts.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
How the gently caress do you go back to work with a dude like Logan after this poo poo? "Oh hey it's the dude who was super into raping and murdering people near constantly, what a cool dude he is."

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

geeves posted:

Did I mishear Logan or are they also brothers-in-law?

Yup.

Logan's a massive shithead. Like even away from his weird issues with William he's just obnoxious as gently caress. I said this before, but maybe I wanna explore the park on my own dude, perhaps I don't want to go on weird sex cult club adventures with you. It's also massively weird to try and get your brother in law to bone a bunch of robo hookers.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Paulocaust posted:

Lol this thread. "If things happen that I don't believe will happen then it's bad writing".

Honestly at this point I hope the two timelines thing is wrong solely so you're proven wrong about it. Holy poo poo dude we get it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey guys I think this theory about a television show about robo cowboys is correct and if you don't agree you literally have subhuman intelligence and are worthless. I am a totally rad dude.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
That dude getting busted banging the host was hysterical, the actor has a PERFECT "oh poo poo" face, can we get a gif of his face after he sees the footage?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Moving past the whole time frame thing. I feel like I'm certain now that Bernard is a host. It would explain why he's so adamant about helping Dolores get through the maze. If the maze was some sort of final test that Arnold implemented in the world that would prove that a host could survive in the real world, then maybe Bernard passed through it and proved that he could exist outside of Westworld.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

Bernard had a son.

And if Bernard was a robot that already passed all the tests and proved that he could exist outside Westworld, why are things still happening? Why is he just helping Dolores help a little and sneak around rather than just bust her out or contact the government or something? If Bernard already escaped, why does Ford give a poo poo about anything?

Bernard is not a host. That's a red herring.

Hmmm, maybe once a host completes the maze, they are given some kind of alternate personality/history in order that they can better fit in with humans? You reminded me of his son and that certainly hurts my theory, but I think it's possible that maybe that was some kind of faked history and maybe Bernard doesn't know he's a host. Maybe subconsciously he remembers and that'[s why he's more focused on helping her get through the maze.

Hell, maybe poo poo goes bad when Bernard realizes he actually is a host and that causes him to send Westworld out of control and create the chaos that eventually consumes it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Oh man, what if the show pulls a swerve and instead of the Yule Brennar character being represented by the MIB, it's instead Dolores and SHE'S the one who starts killing guests off?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

Another thought is, lots of people were guessing that MiB is the Brenner character, and he's actually a host with guest permissions or something.

What if instead he's the main guy from the original westworld movie, and after escaping, he decides to start dressing like the Brenner character himself, to take on that persona. He bested the machine, so he's a badass, and Westworld is all about 'finding yourself', and MiB mentions 'you could say I was born here'.

Toss it on the pile of theories :cheeky:

I feel like the idea that the film takes place in this timeline can't work. The hosts rebelling and killing EVERYONE is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big of an event for people to just whisper about it being "The Incident" there's also no loving way the park recovers from that, not only were all the guests aside from like 2 killed, all of the staff died too.

Plus we have seen nothing of Roman World or Medieval World.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I adore the show, but I'm not going to lie: I kinda miss Roman World and Medieval World. I can see why they wouldn't want to do it cost wise and it probably would be a nightmare to tell stories over three massive parks, but I feel like there are some cool ideas to explore. Like the parks eventually colliding and meeting each other. Maybe they reuse hosts in different parks (West Dolores, Roman Dolares, etc).

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
So who does everyone want to get killed first: Douchebag morgue attendant or Logan?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
While Dolores turning into a Terminator was rad, the best part of the episode was the dude's face after he got busted with that video of him and the host, how the gently caress do you explain that dismissal on your resume?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

El Jeffe posted:

I just watched the movie last night. Let's just say the show is better

The show doesn't have a fat guy get stabbed by a sword though.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
This is a really really really well done scene drat.

Edit: This entire sequence is the best part of the show so far.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 7, 2016

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Oh my god please kill him now

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hopkins owns so loving hard

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Everything owns and nothing hurts.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Okay so I'm gonna just come out and say it.

Westworld is better then Game of Thrones.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Trash Trick posted:

Holy gently caress that post credits scene

WHAT WAS IT

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
oh my god what if next season they do the same thing as this season but in roman world

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Samurai world is so loving dumb.

Sorry about you being totally wrong about Samurai World being rad as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Look next season needs a fat guy trying to gently caress the queen and then getting stabbed by a massive loving sword like in the movie

• Locked thread