Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

Winner of the "Poor Games Poster" avatar.

I thought this was still date less?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

I didn't even know Westworld had a sequel.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

They will probably just make each epside a monster of the week inside the different simulations, like near the end of the movie where yul brenner runs through the roman simulation etc

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

I'm excited for it, but I also love the original movie.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

Medullah posted:

I expect they're going to be very different animals. The original movie is a fairly self contained storyline, I think this is going to be a lot more spanning (and I can see it spreading to the other -worlds, Medieval World, Rome World, etc.).

I'd be down for that it would be nice to see a more "realistic brutal" version of Rome etc)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

movie and possible series spoilers i guess, its 40 years old

the twist of turning ed harris into a human was cool. i hope we get to see romeworld and futureworld. im guessing ed harris plot in this is he's trying to track down the secret entrance to the real world headquarters like how in the movie they run around and search for it. and he's doing this by torturing androids (hence why he took Dolores into that barn and the poker dealer). he must want some kind of revenge on them or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

Merrill Grinch posted:

I'm kind of confused by the backstage elements they've shown us bits and pieces of. Are robots repaired or just destroyed if they're too damaged, we kinda saw both in episode 2. If they're destroyed, then when they talk about Dolores being the oldest one still in operation, are they only talking about her program because surely she's been damaged enough to be destroyed a thousand times over. Is the park shut down at night like we saw in episode 1 after the giant gunfight or does it keep going with the guests still inside sleeping, loving and killing? Am I thinking entirely too much about this show? Yes.

Those were cleaning rooms for the robots

• Locked thread