Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Anyone posted this yet? I didn't read the entire thread, only the last 20 or so pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I'm pretty sure 'hosts' is a pun on them hosting Arnold's intelligence, but I don't know if he's all in each of them or if they're going to become some huge AI net or what.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
But I love Elsie and I don't want anything bad to happen to her. :ohdear:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Eschaton is a biblical thing, not a reference to obscure nerd novels you dumbass.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I was referring to Singularity Sky, not Illuminatus!, which should be required reading for everyone. (I've read both and love Stross a lot but I have no illusions about the likeliness of mainstream TV shows to reference him.)

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
These violent delights have violent ends

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Only proles and hosts are free.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I like that Bernard's control phrases seem to be phrased in the manner of a regular conversation, a la "would you kindly" - I wonder how many times Ford has ordered him around in public without anyone else knowing.

fake edit: phrases phrased phrasingly

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I thought the new lady sleeping with Hector as her introduction was sloppy,

Isn't that the same lady that Sizemore was flirting with last week, who later turned out to be the new bigwig?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
E = Elsie :tinfoil:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

did Will not interact with her when he arrived?

Maeve was conspicuously absent when Will got to Sweetwater. Clementine was standing there in her usual spot but Maeve wasn't next to her - it was some other woman I think?

(Aside: I watch with subtitles and the new Clementine is subbed as "New Clementine" which for some reason is really funny.)

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Wax Lion posted:

Especially if the idiots are being presented as if they have well-considered character motivations.

I haven't seen a single scene yet where either of the techs look like anything but a couple of idiots that don't know how they got into this and don't know how to get out. Except for the scene with Felix and the bird, but that was obviously just setting up a comparison between the bird and Maeve.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Is the creepy little girl that talked to MiB and Dolores Maeve's daughter? I can't remember if we got a good look at the daughter's face.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I bet this is going to turn out to be an Anaander Mianaai situation and Ford is Arnold/vice versa.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I just remembered who Maeve's last name reminded me of. Wonder if that's an intentional reference? Her works seem broadly applicable to the plot, at least.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I'm not sure Maeve's programming is as subverted as she says it is. She cut Sylvester's throat in the same nonfatal way as Ed Harris', but Clem went down instantly.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I thought everyone had that dude on ignore by now.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Do we even know what Delos actually does? Maybe they're a spaceflight company, and they want the host tech for deep space missions or something. That seems like it might fit in with the whole Where The gently caress Is Westworld question.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Holy poo poo this is so hosed up :negative:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

BiohazrD posted:

Maeve's come all this way only to get killed by Abernathy lmao

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
ARM-istice

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Straight remake of the movie :toot:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Clocks posted:

would've been cool to see Maeve next season chilling out in the real world.

where the gently caress is Westworld :cry:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Armistice cut off her trapped arm and turned around to gently caress up all the security guards as they went "cease all motor function."

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
So what the gently caress was up with the not-Orion carvings?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
William and Logan are literally shown camping in the wilderness and numerous other guests are in Maeve's inn/brothel. Come on.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
That's like the entire point of the MIB plotline. He's an arrogant, patriarchal prick who thinks everything belongs to him, and it turns out it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Why did MiB need to exsanguinate Kissy before scalping him? That seemed unnecessarily cruel even for that rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread