Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Starring Ed Harris as the most loathsome gaming min/maxer of all time.

It's intriguing, suspenseful, and intense. The way the show iterated on the various AI routines was really well-crafted, I thought. The fly swat at the end was probably my favorite part, given the way that motif had shown up through the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

I'm curious to see how Hector Escaton plugs into the larger events, given that eschaton means, in religious terms, the end of the world. And here's the meta-level issue: is that choice of name merely authorial intent within the context of Westworld the park being a fully designed piece of entertainment, or the showrunners pointing towards something bigger?

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

JossiRossi posted:

I really hope crazed broken robodad comes back to protect his daughter :3:

That actor owned that scene with Anthony Hopkins from the moment his "loving, protective dad" programming appeared to run headlong into memories of the catalogue of horrors Dolores has endured. That moment sold the horror of the hosts' lives as effectively as any number of gunshot androids ever could. That whole scene is probably, in retrospect, the reason this show managed to put its hooks in me.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Vitamin P posted:

The "devils" talk, along with how the displays of the area were always circular and the immense deep structure going underground, it all does have a Dante's circles of hell vibe to it. When the employees went outside for a cigarette the building they stood on was circular as well. There could be a system where the more 'perfect' a robot is, the higher a circle it inhabits.

I'm still not sold on idea that some of corporate employees are robots, but when you think about how rotation out of the park HQ was discussed, that would be perfect cover for running maintenance cycles on androids in HQ. I mean, if they can program an AI to believe it's a rancher with a family, why can't they program an AI to believe it's a guy or girl working as a droid repairman or any other basic role?

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Scooter_McCabe posted:

They are making her replicant.

The "Bernard is an android" theory had lots of good foundation laid in prior episodes, but even with all that foreshadowing I didn't think it could get this bananas, this fast. I love it.

Also of note, this does fit with Ford quoting Charlotte's "blood sacrifice" line.

• Locked thread