Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

$10k a day probably affords you some leeway on ingame currency. And if you run out just shoot a host and take theirs. Simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

1: Just in one of the taverns. The real question brought up in an SA article on the front page is where the gently caress do they go to the bathroom. Rich people paying for to drink until they get sick probably demand things like toilet paper and not crapping into a cesspit.

2: It's fake currency. It's probably like a bad MMO from what I can tell: You can buy the "deluxe" package and be given the most coins, or you could in theory go out and rob a bank or something to earn the currency the hard way. Likely hookers and drinks cost almost nothing or nothing at all ("This is a freebie for you, stranger!") though. It seems they keep your "inventory" if you're a returning customer, though, as noted by the gun upgrades.

3: They reset it every week or two, from what I remember. So if you kill some guy in town, he probably stays dead until the next reset (after the bank heist). It wouldn't be outlandish for me to buy that NPCs you "recruited" would remember you, kind of like the 'inventory.'

If they could buy gun upgrades instead of just looting them like an RPG, I don't know why everyone wouldn't run around with a LeMat like William did. One day, I will own one. And it will be the best day.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So Arnold was hoping one of his sentient robots would....scalp another one to see a picture to realize they have agency? Honestly makes better sense than what they presented.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just hope they try to be less clever for the next season.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

business hammocks posted:

Elsie and Ashley are 100% alive and with the Ghost Nation, where they'll learn fascinating things and be an odd couple forced to work together in ways that delight and divert us, the viewers at home. All their scenes together in season one set up them being alone together in unsafe circumstances with real stakes, as we already know they don't get along and are kind of dumb when there's no real danger.

And then Elsie turns out to be a robot.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Restworld is just a bunch of shady trees with hammocks and bespoke coolers of beer next to them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Carbon dioxide posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/07/china-mars-replica-space-tibet-plateau

95000 square kilometers. That's the size of Portugal.

It's not quite Westworld but people are going to pay craploads of money to camp in the middle of a specially designed desert. Sounds close enough to me.

Unless they dome it and suck the oxygen out to let people play Quaid I'm not impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

May as well say the Painted Desert is the most Jupiter like place on earth and build a space port on it, if all you're going for is a vague look.

edit:
Everyone should see the Painted Desert anyways though. It's awesome.

• Locked thread