Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Twiggymouse posted:

Oh, yeah. [b[Brutal Doom's[/b[ a staple in my library.
I was actually playing it prior to starting the stream for these. It's partly what inspired me to go looking for more wads and the like.

:staredog:

Hey op, maybe you should add "don't bring mod or modder related drama into the thread" rule.

Also maybe a no arguing about how classic doom game balance is sacred and any wad that alters that is heresy rule as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

RickVoid posted:

In related news I just played through Episode One of Doom 1 using the Nazis V2 mod. It was really good. I even played on HMP, and I never play on HMP. Managed to get through without a death even. The machine gun that has a 32 round magazine is straight up the best gun in the mod though. Tons of ammo, super accurate (even when you spray), and does decent damage even if you're just bursting. That said the LMG is just pure death. I just mag-dumped the thing on Phobos Anomaly and it killed the Hell Knight analogues super-fast. The shotgun is the big loser though. The 8 round magazine goes fast for how slow it fires, and while I appreciate that it does model a burst of projectiles I would have liked to see a little more spread. DoomGuy needs to take out the choke tube. I also feel like there wasn't a need for 3 different pistols (with their own ammo!), though I suppose a Revolver Ocelot gimmick run would be entertaining (though short). Didn't really bother with grenades either.

Seriously though, it's shooting Nazis in Hell. What more do you need?

:cawg:

Wildweasel can't balance his mods for poo poo, even if they're fun to play. Wait till you hit an open space with a ton of knights and imps and it turns into a Japanese scrolling shooter.

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 4, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Gideon020 posted:

I'd like to request you check out a WAD called Guncaster. It's a weapon/gameplay modifier that turns Doom into something insane and full of explosions and bullets.

Congratulations on describing native doom. :bravo:

• Locked thread