Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

2.5 to 2 with 5 minutes left!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the blues may be in this yet

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
White going for poo poo shots and just made this a .5 game.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'll be kind of pissed if Vin doesn't make it to the final.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Is there a place where I can view this at more than 2 fps or am I just hosed

edit: switched to IE and it's now 10fps, thanks firefox

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I would stock the poo poo out of my wraps if I were in this

I'd also wear a lot of KT tape because apparently everyone else does

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I'm calling the black dude on the whites the Italian Adrian Peterson. Dude was untacklable

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
I dunno, my stream is fine and my internet is absolute poo poo atm (2 mbps down)

Using Chrome

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

ch3cooh posted:

I'm calling the black dude on the whites the Italian Adrian Peterson. Dude was untacklable

and he's italian so there's a really good chance he too beats his children

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

ch3cooh posted:

He probs beats his kids too

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Is there a place where I can view this at more than 2 fps or am I just hosed

edit: switched to IE and it's now 10fps, thanks firefox

it was doing the same to me so i started watching on my phone and it's fine

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Blue team loving sucks

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Game right there. White outplayed blue the entire time they deserve the win.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

An inspired solo run by the white runner there and it looks to be sealed up.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Blue team was okay but that loving old white guy ended so many possessions by trying to run his way single handily to victory despite the fact that he looks like the guy who has a framed godfather poster behind his deli counter

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

maybe there's a deep level of strategy here where you have big slow untalented dudes whose job it is to lay on the guys from the other side that are fast scorers

but probably not

Over here we call them offensive linemen.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
that's what you get for fielding feeble steroid grandpas instead of strapping young steroid men to stand or roll around for 50 minutes

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that's what you get for fielding feeble steroid grandpas instead of strapping young steroid men to stand or roll around for 50 minutes

Seltzer posted:

The White squad looks more athletic (I'm not just saying this because they've fielded multiple black guys). The Blues have a bunch of old dudes, they seem to have the better fans though. Should be starting in about 10.

I thought maybe old man experience and the uhhhh 28th man of the crowd might've made it more even but yea, White's were better athletes. Both teams were kind of garbage when it came to shooting.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Seltzer posted:

I thought maybe old man experience and the uhhhh 28th man of the crowd might've made it more even but yea, White's were better athletes. Both teams were kind of garbage when it came to shooting.

White had the most guys who looked like they just got out of prison and I think that's the best indication of a good team in this sport. Looking forward to the finals

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Had some fun with a gif from yesterday's action

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/GBU0G2s.gif&v=aRuUXM-WbSo&s=9

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

That wraps up the semi-finals. Despite being possibly the physically strongest team in the tournament, the Whites skill and offense left a lot to be desired. Luckily for them they faced probably the worst team in the tournament. The Blues had equally poor ball skills and a roster of old and haggard men trying too hard to do too much. Despite controlling most of the game, the Whites had to overcome a few scares and generally poor shooting to achieve their 3.5 to 2 victory. The Bianchi have progressed and will now face the mighty Verdi in the finals.

Let's look at some key moments.
Turmoil early on as a Blue player is expelled (for what I don't know). A team this weak cannot afford to go down in numbers

(ignore the score this was a replay after the game)

Next we have to highlight a game changer, a man of passion and courage, the X factor for the Whites and the greatest leader this year's tournament has seen; Italian Vin Diesel. With his intimidating presence, haphazard flurries of fists and ability to seemingly be in the middle of the action non-stop, Vin has proved to be a real asset for the Whites. Barking orders at teammates, attacking then lovingly hugging/slapping his opponents, the man perplexed and stifled the opposition while leading his team to glory.

Here's Vin launching an explosive barrage on a Blue player letting them know who is the boss.

Later Vin breached enemy lines to deliver a 1,000 hand slap combo and shrug off two punches to illustrate his dominance and let his teammates know to not be afraid of entering the opponents half.

The play of the game went to White defender #3 for this impressive goal denying block.

At the end of the game the Blues were exhausted and their ranks were broken allowing skinny dirtman of the Whites to go on an excellent slaloming full-piazza run on goal. They didn't have to keep scoring but the Blues were broken and the opportunity was there.

The final showdown is coming on the 24th. Who will lay claim to Florence and win the White cow? Only time will tell.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 28, 2015

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm pumped for this.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The final is happening tomorrow. I'm near certain it'll be 12:30 EST this time. Call in sick, take an extended lunch break, this action truly cannot be missed.

It's finally the Festa Di San Giovanni and scores will be settled. It's come down to Verdi vs Bianchi

VERDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLbPy-cgGa0
(video of Gianluca Lapi, the Wayne Gretzky of Calcio Storico. Any true Greens fan will be holding back tears remembering this historical era)

BIANCHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho1kqQ8UvDM
The Steroid Capo giving a rousing speach. He has been identified. Watch out for Bonfiglio

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 24, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Who the hell holds their finals on a Wednesday? I really enjoyed that last match/brawl, but I don't think I can get away with skipping work tomorrow :smith:

Someone record it and upload it to Dailymotion so I can see Steroid Bianchi beat some more rear end

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Who the hell holds their finals on a Wednesday? I really enjoyed that last match/brawl, but I don't think I can get away with skipping work tomorrow :smith:

Someone record it and upload it to Dailymotion so I can see Steroid Bianchi beat some more rear end

It's a holiday and past 5pm in Florence when it kicks off. The game will get uploaded eventually.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

I am so pumped for this

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The horses and muskets are coming out. We're about 30 minutes away.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Greens wearing "Ciao Taddo" shirts. Seems someone close the camp has passed. Wonder how this will effect the squad morale.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm so mad I'm at work and can't watch this on my phone

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm so mad I'm at work and can't watch this on my phone

Someone else got it to work on their phone.

Also Gianluca Lapi is starting for the Greens today. You'll be able to watch a living legend. Bonfiglio vs Lapi. drat what a time to be a Calcio Storico fan.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

good to see tom atencio landed on his feet

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The fans are watching from their terraces

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Seltzer posted:

The fans are watching from their terraces

Life goals: being baller enough to be old and fat and not give a gently caress as I sit around shirtless watching a giant dirt brawl.

Also it turns out I am able to watch this live, so I'm hyped

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The scroll has been read! Minutes to start

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Italian Vin Diesel making his presence felt already.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bonfiglio has already rushed green and started a brawl. Amazing.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
a fight accidentally broke out

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

HE WAS EXPELLED. NOOO

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh poo poo, we go right from the halfassed boxing into steroid dude wrecking a guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Seltzer posted:

HE WAS EXPELLED. NOOO

• Locked thread