Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Oops! Forgot to bookmark this thread.

The way I put it to my message to Wol is that I need to play control. I've seen Mikhail at his best; he's really terrifying. The best thing for me is to avoid your attacks while you're using Seals and try and attack you when I can avoid you next turn, since hitting you always gives you a Seal back. Like I said, my role in this game is to be control while you play aggro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Ah, good. Hallowed's out of the way. Let's advance just 1.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

I dunno. The last time I played against Mikhail, I was always dancing around Hallowed. It's powerful as heck, it has both an advance and a range boost, and it pushes people out of the way so they can't hit back. No, the Style I've found is the most double-edged of swords is Immutable, since there's no "you may" in that "spend a Seal" text. In other words, it's the best way to make you burn two Seals in one turn. And if you don't Soak enough to take damage, then you won't get any back, either.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Let's only advance 1. I need all the range I can get.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Wol posted:

:siren: Welsie, where do you end up?

Put me in the corner, I guess. (The far one, distance 4, I mean.)

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Oh, hey, I'm gonna pierce your Soak! ...But I can't pierce your Stun Immunity. :(

Let's just burn the one on Discard Pile 1 that I'm getting back anyway.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Wol posted:

Welsie, from where does your second viewpoint originate?

I think I wanna be close up. Put me at range 1.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

That's... much better than I anticipated. Now you can't counter-Pulse!

1 and 7, s'il vous plait. It's time to do some more sniping!

ActingPower fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 6, 2015

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Spoilers: I'm gonna lose this one. Shoulda gone with Parallax Drive last beat. :(

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Don't do this to me. I've been looking at all of my possible moves, and none of them could do it. Now I'm gonna go crazy-triple checking them all.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Mad Fnorder posted:

Remember the unofficial Thread motto!

"Losing is Fun?"

Okay, that's for Dwarf Fortress, but still.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

And Welsie bites the dust again. Ah well. She's actually a lot of fun once she starts Recurring a good attack, but without that, man, she's totally defenseless. (Also, Sacred was killer for her.) Good game, Ldsity!

Ldsity posted:

Nah dude, I already see the perfect counter move to my play ;)

Speaking of which, what was the secret play here? Other than virtual table-flip, of course. :cheeky:

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Wol posted:

Parallax Dash

Aren't those two separate moves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Ldsity posted:

Good game to you as well Acting Power, you really had me worried there after that Pulse. Welsie may not have good defenses, but she's SO fast with her styles! She can shut down the ranged game with a parallax since a typical ranged opponent has more than one minimum ranged style (yay Mikhail hit confirm). And yes, the ability to have 2 more attacks ready to spam over and over decided so many of my moves from beat to beat. I was deathly afraid of anomalous anything this enire game.

Oh man, I was so glad when I hit your Sacred Style with Anomalous. That bought me a little time. And your Cancel, too. But yeah, his was a crazy match. Good game!

...Do the Parallax first. I can't believe I forgot about that. :argh:

• Locked thread