Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
And I would be scum hunting too if I didn't start this game in exam mode and finish it in Melbourne.

Is there anything you have that actually can convince me of your role? Because in the rush of packing and bring in this new city all I have is the Kat-Beet association.

In the event that we are both town. That simply leaves Gwyn and TOML.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I can't prove a Guard if nobody is tracking me or acting on my target and also prepared to admit their action failed.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

"Beet ONLY went off Kat because he saw no one was following him. Saying he 'wasn't on her' at the end of the day is misdirection. Very possible Kat is scum, I'd happily vote for her. I think Gwyn is possibly scum and seems to be angling for me to use a night action on him. My current pet theory is that Gwyn and Anidav are scum and have switched role claims, so no one targets Anidav and someone is tricked into targeting Gwyn."

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

"That would also line up with Gwyn using his day ability to "hunt" Anidav and instead it apparently "clearing" him..."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Look you can visit me if you want but you have a 50% chance of being paralyzed for a day. I love the role I have but the current Anidav meta hurts it's utility.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Suspecting me is going to haunt you if you. Can't stress enough. Waste of time. Dooms town to more unanswered kills. If you think it's me and Anidav, vote anidav. Out. Low on phone battery. Do the right thing.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The brothers G are allegedly very good at reading each other but have a gentleman's agreement not to kill each other, did I read that right last time?

I do still think First Aid having zero relation to Junko and my role having a similar implication as a doctor means TOML coukd be wrong. He's been absent a lot, but I know last game his town was similarly relaxed.

I know it's not me, and I feel like it's probably Anidav, but Anidav Anidav's. It could be Gwyn because his power proved nothing and is indeed a good scum trick to "prove" innocence through a setup. Like when Anidav wasted the sensor at the right moment so everyone saw him try but got nothing valuable.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It could also be you and Toml.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I agree it is similar to my sensor trick.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It could to an external perspective but I know I'm town which is why I said I know it's not me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I meant Gwyn and Toml.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

"Haunted? It appears that you've finally noticed... The blood that flows within me...bears a fearsome curse. I'm not going to push for you to be lynched. Even you're just a foolish human, I'm not so cruel as to yearn for a meaningless death. I have been suspicious of Kat since day one and will trust my instincts."

##vote Kat Delacour

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh right.

Yeah he's been playing that song a lot.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Gaspy unless you're scum this is a big mistake.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Sorry slept through my alarm so i woke up a bit late.

Alrighty so to be more specific about my role, I target someone during the night, and then I get every single PM that person received during that night. When I target TOML all I got was that his action was succesful.
So there's still the possibility of TOML not being the doctor and just having some weird self-targeting ~thing~(can't even think of roles that do that at the moment), but I've been reading him town so yeah

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
You'll be going into lylo with potentially no doctor.

TOML has hosed off more or less every day
Anidav keeps posting despite continually telling us he can't post
Gwyn has Gwynsplaining to do
Hiip is MIA

Think this through.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
OHH ALSO FOR THE RECORD I DONT VISIT THE PERSON I TARGET

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kat Delacour posted:

Gaspy unless you're scum this is a big mistake.

“There is no other way than to move forward, like an arrow of light piercing through the darkness...”

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Hiiiiiip that still sounds vulnerable to a bus

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah I know and it is a dumb annoying "work out the details later but lynch Anidav first" Gwyn and Toml kinda have been pushing for all game.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I've made no excuses today. I have nothing in my way. I am posting.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

HiipFire posted:

Sorry slept through my alarm so i woke up a bit late.

Alrighty so to be more specific about my role, I target someone during the night, and then I get every single PM that person received during that night. When I target TOML all I got was that his action was succesful.
So there's still the possibility of TOML not being the doctor and just having some weird self-targeting ~thing~(can't even think of roles that do that at the moment), but I've been reading him town so yeah

"All I got was "your target did not visit anybody" so it's still possible TOML is lying, or given that yours isn't a "target", TOML could very well have been bussed"

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Okat what FS said is probably more likely, which means he's lying about doctor

##vote toml

I am the Guard. I am your protector. I believed doctor but now I'm not so sure. I don't know what the gently caress is going on but I am town and you are making the wrong choice. There is nothing I can do to prove it but at least I am playing the game! Surely that shows something, if you don't scum hunt you're slacking off but if you do you're painting a target on yourself and the svum coast while town eats itself. The Auspol way.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

"Also we should pick from the non-Biffers so one of TOML, Kat, Anidav, Gwyn. Out of those Kat and TOML have claimed useful roles, Gwyn and Anidav have claimed useless."

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

"Maybe just lynch TOML as this level of lurking is completely unacceptable."

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'm so lost in this game

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think TOML has been posting like he normally does at town, would vote

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I think, regardless of Anidav for a moment, that TOML has enough stuff pointing at him. Character has no links at all to first aid where all other flips have tied to flavour. He said he targeted someone but was trackwatched not, and Hiips successful doesn't necessarily mean he is a doctor only that he did something? I have a power that could be seen as the flavour equivalent doctor. We seemingly have no cop so the doc-cop archetypes don't necessarily apply. I think this could be the best move.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

I don't think TOML has been posting like he normally does at town, would vote

Am literally at a house warming. Sorry, it happens.

##vote Anidav

I am sorry to be playing like this, weekend has just been really busy

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think Gwyn.

The investigation surrounding TOML is too inconclusive to go for. I would rather lynch a scumbuddy of his and prove he is scum by association.

If possible.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

If we lynch Gwyn then we can string up TOML without a doubt tomorrow because they have been directly disassociating with each other by both of them continuously implicating me or Kat and then huddling back to silent lurking.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's interesting that you've pulled back on the TOML speculation twice now.

Once to remind us the "flavour" rule and now again to say it's inconclusive.

Just interested why your self preservation doesn't extend to toml.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm halfway through a Terminator marathon, unlikely I'll be around much before deadline.

I still think Anidav + someone is a good theory.
##vote Anidav

I suspect TOML the least because the possibility hasn't been ruled out that he protected who was targeted by ES, doesn't necessarily clear him.
Both Kat and Gwyn have half assembly bussed him, that's where I'm looking.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

##vote Gwynplaine

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Ohoho

What if Toml is a ninja?

Explains why Gaspy can't track him and why team wants him around?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Because I believe he is more likely a doctor and the mod just threw his character a medpack for balance reasons outside the flavour. All investigations seem to imply he does something and there's no counterclaim.

The game also had a serial killer which also would make the doctor a common role to expect.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Unless there's a catch. Ninja and Serial killer seems unfair.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's eligible flavour too. Junkos appearance/accessories shifts with her mood

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kat Delacour posted:

Ohoho

What if Toml is a ninja?

Explains why Gaspy can't track him and why team wants him around?

"That is not, generally, how ninjas work, I think. What I've also noticed is you're going WHERE'S THE COP?!! a lot, luckily whoever got cop hasn't fallen for your bait, guessing it's one of the more experienced players."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Role claiming is only bad if there's no benefit, the cop claim in Asterix unravelled the whole game because he had a couple of good data points on town that opened poo poo up.

• Locked thread