Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Did Gaspy clear TOML or just vouch for him?

I will say;TOML has consistently been on the Anidav lynch train (as have i except for the time gaspy doubted toml) since day one.

Which is encouraging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Freudian Slip posted:

No, I think he used his ability on TOML. I think he is assuming that Hiipfire wouldn't have come out swinging protecting TOML unless he Hiipfire was town. Scum would have just sat back and laughed as TOML was lynched.

gently caress - I missed the part where he couldn't target the same person twice. I thought he could only not use the same power twice

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh, I have a character list too, since people might notice there are only 2 characters left and much fewer than 13 have said who they are.

I realised a while ago the Mod Flavour on Day Actions reveals your character even if you haven't outright claimed.

I'm surprised the serial killer didn't use that. Although, I guess, Animes. I look like a dude.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

In any case, are we agreed that from the original Bif lynch, BS and I are the most likely two that are scum?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh derp there were no Day Actions D1 for him to work off. That makes sense :)

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Freudian Slip posted:

In any case, are we agreed that from the original Bif lynch, BS and I are the most likely two that are scum?

I believe so. You seem more helpful, though.

Having said that TOML and Kat are both doing good work.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

gwyn, why did you truthbullet anidav when you did?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Freudian Slip posted:

Yeah. We should still settle List 2 first, IMO, although if it becomes easier as the day progresses to spot between yourself or Bird we can go that way.

If Hiip wasn't playing for the scum team when he protected TOML by stating his Role PM success, which means TOML did have a successful night action and was also not trackable, which IMO lends closer to Ninja as a targeted ability "I target X to read their PM" should be vulnerable to bus.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Scum:
ONE OF Birdstrike, Freudian Slip, HiipFire, bowmore
?ONE? OF Gwyn, TOML, Kat

Gwyn has demonstrated TRUTHBULLET D3 on Anidav
TOML has claimed Even-Night Doctor N2 Bowmore N4 Kat
Kat has claimed Guard N1 TOML N2 BLOCKED N3 Gaspy N4 Bowmore

Birdstrike has demonstrated/claimed NOTHING
Hiipfire has claimed Night Action Surveyor was likely investigated Clean by the Cop
FS has claimed MONDO BIKER GANG LEADER highly situational ability (have we hit it yet?)
Bowmore has demonstrated HACK/SENSOR which makes him almost confirmed town.

Of the unclaimed characters we have:
Sayaka Pop Sensation
Byakuya Affluent

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

like, i'm looking back on gwyn's truthbullet of anidav and trying to work out how that was a pro-town move

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I think I understand his passive too, cos Makoto is lucky. And it seems really unlikely to be given to a scum.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Those On My Left posted:

gwyn, why did you truthbullet anidav when you did?

Basically, he was the person I was most sure was scum. In other games I don't really do the day one anidav thing, but I was doing it this time and most other days because of instinct I suppose. I figure if I bullet someone and they visited someone who was now deceased or someone who knew they got blocked then it might help the eliminations, doubly so if it cleared me at the same time. In the end I wasted it.

Well intentioned idiot, as usual.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I am probably not allowed to say this since I am on the bottom list but I'd really like to consider the top list instead of doubling down on us.

If we acknowledge Bowmore and Hiip as town because of their actions and the probable cop respectively our strike rate is 1/2 on the top list versus 1/3 on the bottom list.

ALSO. I feel like Byakuya might be a Survivor, 4P? Maybe not, but just a thought.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

If we acknowledge Bowmore and Hiip as town because of their actions and the probable cop respectively our strike rate is 1/2 on the top list versus 1/3 on the bottom list.

yeah this makes a lot of sense actually (although i'm probably not allowed to say it either)

i'm suss on birdstrike because of the lack of any sort of roleclaims or demonstrations

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

I am probably not allowed to say this since I am on the bottom list but I'd really like to consider the top list instead of doubling down on us.

ALSO. I feel like Byakuya might be a Survivor, 4P? Maybe not, but just a thought.

I actually agree Kat, its either me or BS on the Bif lynch.

##vote birdstrike

If BS is scum and we lynch him, it completely clears the rest of the Bif lynchers.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Also if I was scum, I wouldn't have knowingly hammered a town (Bif)

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I can get behind it but I want to hold off on votes to avoid a rushed hammer if we pick the wrong target - Scum control 2/4 votes to hammer.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
We're waiting on Bowmore and Hiip to check in and say anything?

I admit, I also really hope that Bowmore is sitting on another sensor and faking out he only had the one.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

I can get behind it but I want to hold off on votes to avoid a rushed hammer if we pick the wrong target - Scum control 2/4 votes to hammer.

this is exactly why i didn't vote gwyn earlier, before you made the point about the odds

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

It's an odd situation we're in,really. Very close. Very tense. We're not sure who to lynch, but at the same time, through process of elimination, the scum team don't have many safe people to kill in either group. Could still go either way. I'm managing to stay interested even with Gaspy out of the picture, which is rare for mafia.

Full disclosure, even though I've hinted at it. I am lynchproof.

If two town vote for me, two scum will be able to pile on. The day will end. I won't flip, still and the scum will get a chance to do some nightkilling after the town has achieved absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't mind being lynched were I not lynchproof. I'd die, flip then whoever of Kat or TOML is actually town could be 100% certain of the other. And it's not like I'm that useful anyways.

But in this case? Really would just be a waste.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
So much BS on BS, and look it's Kat behind it all again. She conveniently ignores my calling out of Anidav yesterday because it implicates her.

This is where if I was scum I would claim that I'm the bus driver, conveniently answering so many questions. But I'm not. My night action is to boost the effectiveness of another player's action by cheering them on through the power of the best pop singing voice you've ever heard.

I honestly have no idea how exactly it helps, but apparently it does. I used it on Beet N1, TOML N2, Gaspy N3 and TOML again last night.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

It's an odd situation we're in,really. Very close. Very tense. We're not sure who to lynch, but at the same time, through process of elimination, the scum team don't have many safe people to kill in either group. Could still go either way. I'm managing to stay interested even with Gaspy out of the picture, which is rare for mafia.

If two town vote for me, two scum will be able to pile on. The day will end. I won't flip, still and the scum will get a chance to do some nightkilling after the town has achieved absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't mind being lynched were I not lynchproof. I'd die, flip then whoever of Kat or TOML is actually town could be 100% certain of the other. And it's not like I'm that useful anyways.

why would you claim this just as people have agreed to stop focusing on the you/me/kat group and focus on the other group

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Gwynplaine posted:

This is really suss dude. There was no reason to provide this info at the moment.

The main reason it is suss? Because no one else has with an x-shot power got something else.

I know mine is a once only deal

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

So much BS on BS, and look it's Kat behind it all again. She conveniently ignores my calling out of Anidav yesterday because it implicates her.

This is where if I was scum I would claim that I'm the bus driver, conveniently answering so many questions. But I'm not. My night action is to boost the effectiveness of another player's action by cheering them on through the power of the best pop singing voice you've ever heard.

I honestly have no idea how exactly it helps, but apparently it does. I used it on Beet N1, TOML N2, Gaspy N3 and TOML again last night.

Again, great of you to point the finger at me, but I'm the one actually trying to help the town by putting some ideas down.

If you're Sayaka then Hiip is Byakuya

That ability sounds like Enabling which infers the existence of a Night-Time roleblocker, or that you were the only one who could help people get out of their rooms.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Freudian Slip posted:

This is really suss dude. There was no reason to provide this info at the moment.

The main reason it is suss? Because no one else has with an x-shot power got something else.

Oh. That's a very good point too. Everybody we've seen had just the one thing.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Those On My Left posted:

why would you claim this just as people have agreed to stop focusing on the you/me/kat group and focus on the other group

Just in case, I suppose. I'm gonna be at work in the final crunch of today. Wanna know I warned people.

Question:

How does Strikes power work? How do you BOOST most mafia powers? It's not like they'd be able to use their power on a second person. They wouldn't know to select them.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

pretty good way to dissuade town from lynching you though

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I should clarify because Gaspy obviously got 3 things, but it was all like the one big thing the way it was composed together.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Kat Delacour posted:

Again, great of you to point the finger at me, but I'm the one actually trying to help the town by putting some ideas down.

If you're Sayaka then Hiip is Byakuya

That ability sounds like Enabling which infers the existence of a Night-Time roleblocker, or that you were the only one who could help people get out of their rooms.

Oh poo poo,

Or it's for the Scum Team to enable them past my Guard.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I interpreted my power as anti-roleblocker, but I haven't seen any evidence of roleblocking and I have no idea what my power does specifically to help.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

I interpreted my power as anti-roleblocker, but I haven't seen any evidence of roleblocking and I have no idea what my power does specifically to help.

Your PM didn't explain it?

That'd be unusual.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kat Delacour posted:

Oh poo poo,

Or it's for the Scum Team to enable them past my Guard.

Or for you and TOML to stop strongmen kills.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

Your PM didn't explain it?

That'd be unusual.

I agree it's unusual.

The only thing I can recall seeing like this were some of the secret projects I had in my game which boosted the recipient's powers, like I had an unjailable bus driver at one point due to boosting.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Seriously, everyone else's powers have been explained in their PM, yeah? Like there's not any ambiguity to it.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I wanted to make double sure Guard worked the way I thought it did because of Gaspy's freak out where he thought maybe he could clear me.

Call it a one-way-Jail or a reverse role block. I reckon this pop song is a scum enable to get past my Guard.

I still don't buy Junko as First Aid either. Every single thing everybody has done maps out to their character's traits. Junko/Mukuro the mystery 16th student is a twinsie accessory-changing shapeshifter and I still think TOML is a scum team ninja.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

I wanted to make double sure Guard worked the way I thought it did because of Gaspy's freak out where he thought maybe he could clear me.

Call it a one-way-Jail or a reverse role block. I reckon this pop song is a scum enable to get past my Guard.

I still don't buy Junko as First Aid either. Every single thing everybody has done maps out to their character's traits. Junko/Mukuro the mystery 16th student is a twinsie accessory-changing shapeshifter and I still think TOML is a scum team ninja.

i buy the first part of this post but not the second. i don't buy the second part for two reasons:

1) the OP says flavour is unrelated to alignment (which, i know, doesn't mean the same as flavour being unrelated to power/role)

2) i don't know anything about this flavour so i can't really back you up

i would be happy to vote birdstrike today and vote gwyn tomorrow.

birdstrike's role is really weird and he is super late to claim it, and as kat says it does make sense as a scum boost

gwyn was trying to lynch either me or hiip at the start of the day. when kat and i showed how hiip was probably town, gwyn backed off immediately and started cosying up to me. his use of the truthbullet plays like something the scum agreed to do, and his claim today is bizarre, probably bullshit, and really badly timed.

so yeah, birdstrike today and gwyn tomorrow anyone?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i should add that i'm really not interested in FS's theories on birdstrike, because obviously if birdstrike isn't the scum then FS is the next obvious candidate

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Voting for me wont be much less awful tomorrow, but I don't mind voting strike today.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

2) i don't know anything about this flavour so i can't really back you up

I've just been reading the danganronpa wikia

The flavour-power connections are incredibly obvious for most people, featuring in the introductory paragraph or their "Ultimate X" title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Would like to hear from Hiipfire before we push ahead since he apparently has the only investigative ability left.

Those On My Left posted:

i should add that i'm really not interested in FS's theories on birdstrike, because obviously if birdstrike isn't the scum then FS is the next obvious candidate

Obviously, but it's me or him at the moment. What other theories have I had on BS that you are dismissing? At the moment, the main thing against him is the process of elimination.

• Locked thread