Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Would like to hear from Hiipfire before we push ahead since he apparently has the only investigative ability left.
yeah, i'm not casting my vote yet

Freudian Slip posted:

Obviously, but it's me or him at the moment. What other theories have I had on BS that you are dismissing? At the moment, the main thing against him is the process of elimination.
no that was a prospective comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Kat Delacour posted:

I've just been reading the danganronpa wikia

The flavour-power connections are incredibly obvious for most people, featuring in the introductory paragraph or their "Ultimate X" title.

I am Super-Duper High School Outlaw Biker!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I asked Zets for clarification and he specifically declined to give me any, although he did give me an angry looking bear gif.

The only thing I can see which might show it working is N2, when Kat was jailed, I targeted TOML and there was only one death. Maybe I helped the doc, maybe it's a placebo action Zets gave me in a game full of unusual roles.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Freudian Slip posted:

I am Super-Duper High School Outlaw Biker!

You still haven't told us what your situational situation is, which is what the wiki is good at explaining IMO.

Since someone will inevitably storm in here and yell at me for asking for role claims: it's the pointy end of the stick, put your cookies on the table.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
In fact, for all future games just imagine me as some kind of Enigma machine that needs to churn through data to function.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Birdstrike posted:

I asked Zets for clarification and he specifically declined to give me any, although he did give me an angry looking bear gif.

That'd be odd. They offered me advice I didn't need or ask for, yet they're being obtuse with you? No elaboration.

Inconsistent.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

You still haven't told us what your situational situation is, which is what the wiki is good at explaining IMO.

Since someone will inevitably storm in here and yell at me for asking for role claims: it's the pointy end of the stick, put your cookies on the table.

Fine. I can jump on my bike and break out of the school during the day. I assume this can get me out of a lynch.

I can only do it once because monobear will get me back and crush my bike.

This is why I was really suss on Gwyn, as it is similar to his claimed passive ability.

I can do it today if it would help people decide.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

And before anyone panics, Zets was only reminding me that I still have active powers because my 'helpless and out of active powers act' apparently convinced them too.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

It seems like even for this game, I have a lot of powers. I think Motoko is the main character or something.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

That'd be odd. They offered me advice I didn't need or ask for, yet they're being obtuse with you? No elaboration.

Inconsistent.

I don't want to try and impugn Zets but all I can say is that I have no info.
My first result said my action was successful, and that I was a better singer than Hatsune Miku. That's the only thing I have, all other results have just said I was successful.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

hm.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Gwynplaine posted:

It seems like even for this game, I have a lot of powers. I think Motoko is the main character or something.

You are the Ultimate Lucky Student! You won your position at thisprestigious school through a lottery!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Gwynplaine posted:

And before anyone panics, Zets was only reminding me that I still have active powers because my 'helpless and out of active powers act' apparently convinced them too.

Active powers huh.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

Active powers huh.

Lol does anyone seriously still not think that Gwyn is spectacularly full of poo poo

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Kat Delacour posted:

Active powers huh.

nininininininini

Those On My Left posted:

Lol does anyone seriously still not think that Gwyn is spectacularly full of poo poo

ninininininininini

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Wasn't sure how to write the Clarence Boddicker noise.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I think Gaspy used his N1 Cop on Beet, which is spectacularly unhelpful to us at this point in the game.

Having two players with the capacity to either make themselves lynchproof or passivity to be lynchproof seems questionable.

FS, does peeling out of town take away your ability to contribute to the vote/discussion?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

I think Gaspy used his N1 Cop on Beet, which is spectacularly unhelpful to us at this point in the game.

Having two players with the capacity to either make themselves lynchproof or passivity to be lynchproof seems questionable.

FS, does peeling out of town take away your ability to contribute to the vote/discussion?

I would hope that my vote stands - but I am not sure that I would be able to continue talking if I wasn't there.

I will PM Zet.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

Yeah, that's what I figured as well. As he said he was fairly comfortable with Beet. Also it makes sense since Gaspy has a hard time reading Beet.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Keep in mind all this unlychable business is on top of Anidav's knock-out power

"The visitor does not complete their night action and they are unconscious (and unvoteable) the next day."

so that's a whole lot of potentially unvotable people if all of you are legit.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

"The visitor does not complete their night action and they are unconscious (and unvoteable) the next day."

hahahah you're right

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

Which is why I am still suss on Gwyn

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

There seems to be a lot of self preservation powers though. The hiding and the fake deaths. My get out of dodge day ability.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
This isn't necessarily advocating either way just running numbers.

So we're at 7 alive and 4 to hammer with probable 2 scum remaining

7 and 4 and we test gwyn's nolynch results in d6 starting as
6 and 4 with probable 2 scum if he's telling the truth - he could still be Scum but it seems OP to give Anidav a night protection and another team member a Day protection
5 and 3 with probable 1 scum if he's lying (because only scum would have reason to lie about that)

7 and 4 and we go for a lynch any lynch results in d6 starting as
5 and 3 with probable 2 scum if we hit Town (LYLO)
5 and 3 with probable 1 scum if we hit Scum

It does seem like getting everyone to demonstrate their get out of jail free cards isn't a terrible option, but if FS can't vote it means we need to have EVERYONE onboard to test Gwyn or we're going to get hosed.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

6 and 4 with probable 2 scum if he's telling the truth - he could still be Scum but it seems OP to give Anidav a night protection and another team member a Day protection
5 and 3 with probable 1 scum if he's lying (because only scum would have reason to lie about that)

7 and 4 and we go for a lynch any lynch results in d6 starting as
5 and 3 with probable 2 scum if we hit Town (LYLO)
5 and 3 with probable 1 scum if we hit Scum

It does seem like getting everyone to demonstrate their get out of jail free cards isn't a terrible option, but if FS can't vote it means we need to have EVERYONE onboard to test Gwyn or we're going to get hosed.

i'm not having a go at you but i don't understand what your actual suggestion is

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
4.5/15 is exactly 0.3 so it's not impossible that there are 2 scum in list 2, EXACT counted as a half for balance, and both Gwyn and Toml are Scum and this is LyLo.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Sorry.

My suggestion is that if it is correct that there is 2 scum left in the game then there are 4 possible outcomes.

Lynch Gwyn:
We Lynch a Scum, it isn't Lylo
We Lynch Nobody (Gwyn is lynchproof), it isn't Lylo and we've proven he wasn't lying

Lynch someone else:
We Lynch a Town, LYLO

We have a better chance of proceeding the game if we test everyone's lynchproof claims but there is one massive caveat, which is that if FS can't vote after he has left town (or even if he can really?) he is lynchproof we need to make sure everyone else agrees to lynch Gwyn or we get no lynch AND no proof and we've wasted the day.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I'm not gonna panic. Just need to find my lucky coin.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

Sorry.

My suggestion is that if it is correct that there is 2 scum left in the game then there are 4 possible outcomes.

Lynch Gwyn:
We Lynch Nobody (Gwyn is lynchproof), it isn't Lylo and we've proven he wasn't lying

Lynch someone else:
We Lynch a Town, LYLO

We have a better chance of proceeding the game if we test everyone's lynchproof claims but there is one massive caveat, which is that if FS can't vote after he has left town (or even if he can really?) he is lynchproof we need to make sure everyone else agrees to lynch Gwyn or we get no lynch AND no proof and we've wasted the day.

thanks, this makes sense to me

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

so i guess the question is do we have two other people who would agree to vote gwyn today

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I'd like to think not?

I take no real joy in saying 'I told you so.'

I'da said it this morning if I did.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Well this is the most logical thing to do Gwyn. If you are lynchproof it clears you and it gives us a higher probability of continuing the game - it's mathematics.

Are you backing out?

Whatever for.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I expect I will vote Gwyn. One thing I am wondering about though is, if he is lynchproof, why was he so interested in the existence of a vig/SK/psychiatrist on D2. Does it relate to his remaining active powers?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Only one way to find out I guess.

##vote Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Kat Delacour posted:

Well this is the most logical thing to do Gwyn. If you are lynchproof it clears you and it gives us a higher probability of continuing the game - it's mathematics.

Are you backing out?

Whatever for.

Someone doesn't flip when you lynch them and they're lynchproof.
It will literally reveal nothing,leave me alive and give scum another night to kill.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Has there been a lynchproof scum since Anidav was custom built that role that one time?

It's a lot of passive protections on scum faction combined with Anidav.

This is an exploration. FS would need to peel out of town first, IMO, before we proceeded with that plan. Because this is an everyone put their cards on the table move.

We don't HAVE to do this, but if we pick wrong today we are definitely at LyLo tomorrow

The only way lynching you takes us to LyLo is if you are lying about being Lynchproof and also Town.

That is, if you are lychproof we get another day and you are more-verified as town because lynchproof scum seems lovely IMO.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
My only other idea is TOML.

People don't seem to like it.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Admittedly, its not as scary a concept now that we know the SK is gone. But it's still setting up for another town death.

Kat, Toml. Do you honestly mean to say if I get the lynch tonight, and it fails (and it will) you will then suspect eachother tomorrow?

Might work I guess. Once it's proved I'm lynchproof, the scum will definitely want me dead, so the non bif group will shrink again.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

If he is telling the truth, isn't 6 and 4 LYLO anyway?

As in if we lynch town, it foes to 4 players, 2 of which are scum. Isn't that a scum victory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I wish other players were here, it's definitely echo-chambery.

• Locked thread