Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

OH! wait I know what you're asking. I'm saying Hiip could be the 1 in BifLynch, Godfather for the Gaspy investigation (showing Town) but the 1 person on the sensor for Bowmore's.

poo poo i totally missed that bowmore post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Gwynplaine posted:

I feel like I'm locked in basement with two people one of which I know will kill me before too long, but I'm still enjoying their company and clinking drinks with them.

Because at least we're trying. The spectre of death by mob justice will do that to you I suppose.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

going to go back and read hiip's posts

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't think it's a huge revelation it's just a point of assumptions and ratios.

Hiip has really only come out to drop data to defend you, TOML. And he's done very little of that.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

I don't think it's a huge revelation it's just a point of assumptions and ratios.

Hiip has really only come out to drop data to defend you, TOML. And he's done very little of that.

yeah his posting record doesn't even go to one full page

you'd almost be justified voting for him purely for lurking tendencies

i do feel like there are a shitload of pro-town powers this game. like, even assuming that a couple of people who are claiming town powers are lying scum, there's still a shitload of pro-town powers on the table, even just on the basis of the flips we've seen

there's the ##ASK THE SPIRITS thing, the ##OBEY THE RULES thing, Gaspy's frankly insane cop/watcher/tracker hybrid, gwyn's Truthbullet thing which could have been really useful but was wasted on Anidav (only for Gwyn to "find out" several days later that he's got more bullets), your asserted guard, my protection...

like, what do we know by comparison? that there's probably a scum busdriver. anidav's scum power was frankly pretty lovely, being a single shot night time protective thing. it would make sense for scum to have another big gun up their sleeves; godfather would kind of make sense.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Those On My Left posted:

yeah his posting record doesn't even go to one full page

you'd almost be justified voting for him purely for lurking tendencies

i do feel like there are a shitload of pro-town powers this game. like, even assuming that a couple of people who are claiming town powers are lying scum, there's still a shitload of pro-town powers on the table, even just on the basis of the flips we've seen

there's the ##ASK THE SPIRITS thing, the ##OBEY THE RULES thing, Gaspy's frankly insane cop/watcher/tracker hybrid, gwyn's Truthbullet thing which could have been really useful but was wasted on Anidav (only for Gwyn to "find out" several days later that he's got more bullets), your asserted guard, my protection...

like, what do we know by comparison? that there's probably a scum busdriver. anidav's scum power was frankly pretty lovely, being a single shot night time protective thing. it would make sense for scum to have another big gun up their sleeves; godfather would kind of make sense.

Godfather wouldn't be very powerful since there was only a partial cop

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Godfather wouldn't be very powerful since there was only a partial cop

probably would be more powerful than "pick a turn. you are protected for that turn and that turn only" which is what anidav had if i understood his role correctly

but yeah i take your point, it still wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as what town seems to have on the table this game, which, as I've said, is why I think Anidav got a reprieve from his frankly well deserved modkill

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Kinda jumping ahead of where I'm currently at in the thread to say that I stupidly checked gwyn cause I forgot about the truthbullet he used D1 and it came up with him not having gotten a pm in the night.

Also yeah Gaspy did cop me yesterday.
I would vote gwyn yeah

now back to reading everything I missed

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

speaking of ratios:

bif-lynchers: Birdstrike, Freudian Slip, Hiipfire, Bowmore

bif-no-lynchers: Gwyn, TOML, Kat

we have all been assuming that there were 3 scum. okay, let's stay with that.

if there's a godfather, then we cannot make the assumption that one of Gwyn/Toml/Kat is scum. it's entirely possible that two of Birdstrike/Freudian/Hiipfire/Bowmore are scum.

So if there's a godfather and 3 scum, the chances of hitting a scum in the Bif Lynch group are either 1/4 or 2/4, and the chances of hitting a scum in the Bif No Lynch group are either 1/3 or 0/3.

If there's no godfather and 3 scum, the chances of hitting a scum int he Bif Lynch group are 1/4 and the chances of hitting a scum in the Bif No Lynch group are 1/3

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Those On My Left posted:

speaking of ratios:

bif-lynchers: Birdstrike, Freudian Slip, Hiipfire, Bowmore

bif-no-lynchers: Gwyn, TOML, Kat

we have all been assuming that there were 3 scum. okay, let's stay with that.

if there's a godfather, then we cannot make the assumption that one of Gwyn/Toml/Kat is scum. it's entirely possible that two of Birdstrike/Freudian/Hiipfire/Bowmore are scum.

So if there's a godfather and 3 scum, the chances of hitting a scum in the Bif Lynch group are either 1/4 or 2/4, and the chances of hitting a scum in the Bif No Lynch group are either 1/3 or 0/3.

If there's no godfather and 3 scum, the chances of hitting a scum int he Bif Lynch group are 1/4 and the chances of hitting a scum in the Bif No Lynch group are 1/3

Except for the part where it was clarified that godfathers aren't protected when it comes to Bowmore's ability.

ie. they would be in the count of 1

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Wait, Bowmores thing doesn't detect godfathers?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Freudian Slip posted:

Except for the part where it was clarified that godfathers aren't protected when it comes to Bowmore's ability.

ie. they would be in the count of 1

That's what I thought.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
No TOML that's what I was trying to say when you got all excited when I said that

Sensor shows any and all scum including Godfathers, there is only 1 total scum-faction member on the BifLynch
Gaspy investigated Hiip which means we have presumed him to be town, same as bowmore, but there is always the nagging doubt in the Enigma machine brain that he could have been a Godfather. It's not a huge concern, it's not a huge revelation.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

No TOML that's what I was trying to say when you got all excited when I said that

Sensor shows any and all scum including Godfathers, there is only 1 total scum-faction member on the BifLynch
Gaspy investigated Hiip which means we have presumed him to be town, same as bowmore, but there is always the nagging doubt in the Enigma machine brain that he could have been a Godfather. It's not a huge concern, it's not a huge revelation.

oh right

lol

sorry

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Are you seriously considering there being 4 scum and 1 sk in a 15 player game?

come on dude please

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Unless of course Bowmore was lying about it and there is a second scum in the Bif group.

We are getting to :tinfoil: levels now though

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Bowmore didn't post the sensor outcome Zets did.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

HiipFire posted:

come on dude please

no nothing i just posted suggested that there would be 4 scum

i mean everything i posted was premised on a misunderstanding of whether godfather triggered the sensor but literally none of it relied on there being 4 scum

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

come on dude please

Oh I hit post like a couple minutes after everything got posted woopsy

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

anyway :parrot: :parrot: DATE NIGHT :parrot: :parrot:

back later scrubs

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

Bowmore didn't post the sensor outcome Zets did.

But Bowmore was the one to clarify that godfathers weren't protected. It would be a fantastic scum play as we would stop looking at his group after the other scum was lynched/killed.

But I am going with it being too out there to really consider at the moment

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
And reading Zet's post again with the Execution video there is no hope of another Sensor.

I think it's Truth Bullet time but I am still hesitant to say for sure who to use it on.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

HiipFire posted:

Kinda jumping ahead of where I'm currently at in the thread to say that I stupidly checked gwyn cause I forgot about the truthbullet he used D1 and it came up with him not having gotten a pm in the night.

Also yeah Gaspy did cop me yesterday.
I would vote gwyn yeah

now back to reading everything I missed

Just so that we are clear, can you break it down by night?

ie. N1 - Gwyn - no PMs

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
N1 - Beet - No PMs
N2 - TOML - Succesful Night action
N3 - Gaspy - Succesful Cop result on me(Town)
N4 - Gwyn - No PMs

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##vote TOML

I reckon this is it, toml and Birds

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

As for the truth bullet. Who do we think is doing the killing?

If I was scum, I wouldn't be using one of those people on the non-Bif lynch since they are the most likely to be investigated.

That is unless TOML is an even night ninja?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Gaspy saw him not leave his room on a Track,
Hiip saw him get a successful night PM
TOML said he went to Bowmore

I think Ninja suits the character, or some sort of shapeshifting Fashion trick to appear as her twin sister.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:siren: I am going to buy some food and will be back in an hour. Try not to burn down the school. :siren:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Kat Delacour posted:

Gaspy saw him not leave his room on a Track,
Hiip saw him get a successful night PM
TOML said he went to Bowmore

I think Ninja suits the character, or some sort of shapeshifting Fashion trick to appear as her twin sister.

Someone at the time tried to suggest he had an ability where he stayed in his room, but TOML himself said he went to Bowmore. I think that was part of the bus speculation. Still I can't believe we didn't make a bigger deal of that inconsistency at the time.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Nevermind, I found something

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Freudian Slip posted:

I have been thinking about the TOML situation.

Gaspy said he tracked TOML and TOML went no where, more specifically that his target didn't target anyone.

Hiipfire said that TOML had a successful night action.

We have assumed that these two bits of info contradict each other - but what about the possibilty of TOML having a night ability that doesn't target people?

A few people have already shown powers which only affected themselves.

This would mean TOML is lying.

Is it too crazy a theory?

This theory we said wasn't too crazy, because we all forgot that TOML himself said he targetted bowmore, also I forgot that the conclusion was still "TOML is lying".

Later that night is when I had the epiphany about people, notably Anidav the yellow bellied, trying to steer off TOML and remembered that Ninjas exist.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I guess Truth Bullets are in order?

I mean, gently caress it, right?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

Someone at the time tried to suggest he had an ability where he stayed in his room, but TOML himself said he went to Bowmore. I think that was part of the bus speculation. Still I can't believe we didn't make a bigger deal of that inconsistency at the time.

I suggested that he may have an ability that he can use that doesn't target people. It would mean he was lying and probably scum if that was the case. Either that or there is another ability to mess with people's powers floating about.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kat Delacour posted:

I guess Truth Bullets are in order?

I mean, gently caress it, right?

He said he visited you last night. If we truth bullet him, that's what it should show if he is town.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Freudian Slip posted:

He said he visited you last night. If we truth bullet him, that's what it should show if he is town.

Unless he's busdriving her?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Freudian Slip posted:

Not really since it could still mean he has a different role from the one he claims

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

No the whole bus driving thing only works if he was swapping himself with someone else. Gaspy and Hiipfire got different results on TOML.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I think we should truth bullet someone in the bif-lynch group since there's more people in that group so the scum in that group is probably doing the killing

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

HiipFire posted:

Not really since it could still mean he has a different role from the one he claims

I didn't say that if he visited Kat then he is town. I said that if he is town then it should say that he visited Kat.

The only role I can think of that a scum would use on Kat at this point is role blocking and Kat says that her action was successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Unless ofcourse TOML is a ninja but then a truth bullet wouldn't do anything or would it?

• Locked thread