Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

orright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

hello friends

toml in the house

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

I am always important

for me to poop on

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

"That's impossible to say at this point. Even my usual madness hasn't picked anyone out yet. The closest I got was TOML's intro was marginally more enthusiastic that it normally is, perhaps implying he's invested in this game, perhaps implying he's scum, as he hates playing town..."

hello gaspy

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

yeah i'm down

##vote anidav

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

time from start of game to bif/beet slap fight: about 150 minutes

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

nah i'm pretty much done and am happy with my vote. i haven't said hi to you yet. hi toml!

sup beet

i am sad that you won't vote anidav with me

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

okay so am i a tremendous idiot or something, i really don't get how/why the case on bif is apparently just so watertight

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

MaliciousOnion posted:

I'm still learning everybody's posting style but Bif does seem off this game. I don't know if that's enough to warrant a lynching, because she's usually pretty helpful later on when she's town. IDK, I'm terrible at day one accusations.

when in doubt vote anidav

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

HiipFire posted:

Yeah okay Bif seems like a vote I can get behind

##vote Bifauxen

Also why are people trying to policy lynch Anidav lmao

lmao indeed

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

anidav you would have looked 8000% less dodgy if you had just voted and posted ~fart~ as your reasoning.

dooooo itttttttttt

come onnnn how long has it bene since we've had a d1 anidva lynch

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

im sorry, i'm not voting anidav on a joke vote when we have a 'that's sorta odd behaviour' vote that we haven't had on a day 1 in forever either.

okay fine here's what i think about bif

i think bif has been posting more and more each game

i think she always theorises more often and earlier than i would do so myself

i think her general enthusiastic tone this game is pretty much in keeping with her usual town tone

anidav, on the other hand, has been anidav, white noisey and non-committal

he has this thing about surviving a d1 lynch and then town generally leaves him alone until the end game, by which point one of two things have happened

1) if he's scum, he's hosed poo poo up for town

2) if he's town, he's hosed poo poo up for town by lying about his role and confusing people

diagnosis: anidav

prognosis: terminal

recommended treatment option: lynch

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

the mod basically confirmed me

do you mean just because your hack the planet thing led the mod to post the scum count? that's not really 'mod confirmed' so i want to know if there's something else i've missed

i don't doubt your alignment though, at worst you could be SK but even that seems pretty far fetched to me

two deaths overnight could mean an SK or a town vig, but it seems pretty unlikely to me that the SK is also the scumdar hacker dude

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

"You're trying to invoke gamblers fallacy as your defense?! You're either a serial killer or set the gold standard for idiocy!!"

i agree this is straight up gambler's fallacy but i still think it's pretty fuckin unlikely he's both an SK and the scumdar guy.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

No matter if Bowmore is town or SK, his day ability just helped town immensely.

exactly.

so one of these is scum?

beet
birdstrike
asphyxious
exakt science
hiipfire
tremendous taste
freudian slip

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

even if Bowmore is SK, one of the other Bif-voters is still scum, so i don't know why bowmore in particular comes in for scrutiny, it doesn't seem to make much sense to me

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Lol - nice misdirection TOML

thanks

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

we could just lynch Anidav

it's like i was saying yesterday

##vote Anidav

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

ahhaahahah

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

c'mon spirits

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

The spirits of the freshly deceased respond: Two seperate people visited those of us who are now dead!

who cares

i'm voting anidav, anyone else interested, hop on board

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

mate did you even look at what i bolded?

so birdstrike wrote "scum" instead of "victims"

what exactly are you deriving from this incredibly obvious brainfart

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

wow getting awful defensive about a pretty obvious joke, mate

tell me more about this morning's vote for beet, cobber

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

what would you like to know about it?

why you felt so good about it

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

like really what loving reason is there to comment on that?

you seem pretty stressed out m8

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

nah i'm just drunk and think you're an idiot
lol get a load of this guy

EXAKT Science posted:

because of his push on flipped town bif and also the way he chimed in to agree with the throwaway point i made against flipped town tirade
thanks

be pretty dumb of him to nightkill tirade given that agreement, don't you think

like, kind of tipping his hand a bit, especially on top of his push on bif

so if the theory here is: matthew beet, incompetent and obvious scum, well, sure, it's a theory i guess

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

I don't recall commenting on Tirade. I voted Bif as a joke because she voted you, but her subsequent posts yesterday didn't persuade me to unvote.

i think exakt science is talking about beet, i was asking about his vote for beet

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

why are you assuming that tirade was the scum nightkill?

good point actually

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

toml's laser focus on anidav he has done the last game or two now and so it's not unusual.. but..? i dunno. like i imagine if we lynched anidav and he flipped scum i'd be actually more suss on toml. anidav's been a great target to be thrown under the bus by scum bro's.
honestly that's fine with me. let's lynch anidav. if he's scum, you can lynch me tomorrow because at that point the town numbers can wear a hit. if he's town, i dunno, lynch me anyway if you want. basically all i'm saying is let's lynch anidav

Matthew Beet posted:

gwyn has been posting much more frequently than usual, nothing stood out about what he posted but he's playing differently
fwiw i found his focus on the vig/SK question to be pretty suss until I realised it was gwyn, he often does that kind of stuff. so i'm not feeling a gwyn vote.

Matthew Beet posted:

birdstrikes usually pretty quick but i get the feeling he's overly defensive, made some dumb assumptions and tried to mislead regarding freudians voting intentions.
yeah i see what you mean. i could do a birdstrike vote but aaannnnnnnnnniddddavvvvvvvvv

anyway i'm about to head to an event, probably be gone in about fifteen, probably won't be home until 8-ish

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i breadcrumbed doctor through d1

i'm an even night doctor

don't kill me

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i am junko enoshima

i have been appointed student first aid officer

i am an even night doctor

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

my first post was "toml in the house". house md. doctor.

i the did a post about "diagnosis: anidav"

later folks

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

and yes, you me gaspy and gwyn could swing to MO but unless there are others about, no. it's toml or anidav.

my vote is still with anidav but if you want to lynch mo i'm down

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

gaspy's point is that given that kat can't perform any night actions tonight you might as well lynch someone else

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

after my me-e-e-ega post you still want anidav?

i'd be looking at who is voting anidav WITH you out of the other 4 peeps if you're not full of it.

i really want to lynch anidav but fine

##vote maliciousonion

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

I will not be able to post substantively until about 8pm or maybe a bit earlier, am playing Twilight Imperium all day

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

"Who'd you protect last night?"

bowmore, because i thought he was pretty close to confirmed town. i remain really highly skeptical that his power would be given to scum.

so today i have been playing twilight imperium for about six straight hours. i've had a fair bit of beer and whiskey. i have just returned home, and after being out all day am not going to spend all night on my laptop; want to spend some time with my partner

so i won't be posting very much

as for why i wasn't killed last night, well, even if scum had murdered me on n2, i think my n2 protection would still have worked. therefore scum couldn't frustrate my n2 protection. my suspicion is that they thought enough people were still suspect about me, so they left me alive in the hope that you guys would devour me on d3. they also have insurance, because if you guys don't lynch me on d3, well, i can't protect anyone on n3. so me being alive at the start of n3 is not a big drawback for scum. anyway that's how i figure it.

gwyn's ability suggests to me that bowmore is town but i don't think it's as ironclad as bowmore's ability suggesting that bowmore is town

so basically i tend to either vote anidav or kat

i'll check back in a little while, have a read at what's been posted since, and vote for one of them

sorry for not being around more today

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

"I TRACKED TOML LAST NIGHT AND HE TARGETED NO ONE!!

HE IS LYING!!!!

Nope. If that's the result you got, we have a bus driver in play.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Bif's ability was an undirected bus driver ability. I seriously doubt we have two players with such abilities.

if i were you, in a game with a bunch of weird day abilities, and bizarre roles like bif's random redirect thing, i wouldn't assume that there isn't a bus driver out there (and probably a scum one)

alternatively, gaspy is full of poo poo and intends to run a busdriver argument when i flip town. that would be a pretty brazen scum play though

i did think it was interesting how anidav was the first to jump on me after gaspy pointed the finger at me. he did a similar thing last night with the malicious onion lynch - got on the train really quickly.

between that and his role pm gently caress up today, i'm increasingly suss on him

beet i know you posted saying you don't like the way the same people have been voting for anidav over and over and over, but, i'm sorry, i just think this makes sense. statistically, the posters who didn't vote for bif are the most likely to be scum. as i explained before, i don't think gwyn is scum. between kat and anidav, i've gotta vote for the guy who's posting less content, trying to get on trains really early, and nearly getting modkilled

##vote anidav

• Locked thread