Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i bought it on steam

they upgrade the graphics even but apparently i was wearing rose tinted goggles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

My nostalgia got the best of me and I bought it. I discovered I never remember past level 4 for a reason.

Good thing Steam has refunds now.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
This game is a unique-but-not-really-because-Duke-Nukem-Forever-and-The-Fool-and-His-Money-exist case, as explained in my Steam review.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Chip's challenge is prob the only reason valve implemented that refund policy

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I am sorry that you could not rise to Chip's Challenge, Eonwe.

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler

BiggerJ posted:

This game is a unique-but-not-really-because-Duke-Nukem-Forever-and-The-Fool-and-His-Money-exist case, as explained in my Steam review.

I read that review because it was on the Steam Featured page and I still have no idea what the game is actually about.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Contest Winner posted:

I am sorry that you could not rise to Chip's Challenge, Eonwe.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
Does it still have canyon.mid?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mush Man posted:

I read that review because it was on the Steam Featured page and I still have no idea what the game is actually about.
You walk around confused as gently caress until you die.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mush Man posted:

It's a fairly standard puzzle game. It's grid based with four-direction movement and a variety of mechanical pieces (various types of blocks, movement squares that throw you in a certain direction, colored keys, enemies with specific patterns of movement, etc.) that are increasingly complexly woven with eachother as the game goes on. It's mostly notable for being one of the first big PC puzzle games, and it's old as poo poo. I remember playing it when I was, like... 7 or 8? Nearly 20 years ago, at any rate. It's not a bad game, but it's obviously eclipsed in complexity and graphical detail by modern puzzle games.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
all microsoft entertainment pack games should have AAA re-releases imho

wanna see jezzball and rodents revenge in 1080p with epic qtes

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I still like it. :shobon:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I played it a few months ago and it was exactly as good as the first time I saw it.

Amnesiac goons shouldn't have access to money, imo.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Mush Man posted:

You're not supposed to. That's the point. This game's number one selling point is that It Exists. If you buy it, you are owning something whose release was literally impossible. Why do you think Duke Nukem Forever sold so well?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
To be fair the original game had some really nice basic graphics and the new version looks like poop from a butt

Does the new version have the same music? if not, no deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Bummer.

• Locked thread