Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The most important thing about FO4 is that it just made Fortnite redundant so now Epic Games is entirely worthless as a game developer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

The most important thing about FO4 is that it just made Fortnite redundant so now Epic Games is entirely worthless as a game developer

Epic has been worthless as a game developer for years, and I say this as someone who thinks Unreal 1 and UT99 are two of the best games ever made.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kewpuh posted:

i missed the bethesda poo poo because i was watching game of thrones but i went back and watched the doom video of them in hell and uhhh it doesnt look very fun. also it looked like another case of "not in game footage"

It looked pretty in-game to me. The animations were canned but it all looked like something I could feasibly do.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just remembered, what happened to the Doom Beta that came with Wolfenstein?

It hasn't happened yet.

Trees and Squids posted:

i thought doom looked pretty good?

It's got updated graphics and animations but is definitely borrowing more from DOOM3 than it is from classic DOOM and DOOM II.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

computer parts posted:

It looked pretty in-game to me. The animations were canned but it all looked like something I could feasibly do.

the thing that irked me was when the cyberdemon came and the camera panned to it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Fallout 4 - Pip-Boy Edition is up for pre-order on Amazon $120.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
so since 120 pages have popped up since i went to work today, can someone summarize the surely quality posts that are contained in the pages prior to this one ?????

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

so since 120 pages have popped up since i went to work today, can someone summarize the surely quality posts that are contained in the pages prior to this one ?????

NINTENDO :D

Bethesda D<

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Luna Was Here posted:

you see me posting in this thread

and yet you still make this post

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Kewpuh posted:

the thing that irked me was when the cyberdemon came and the camera panned to it.

That, and the incredibly odd angle glides and slow pans when not shooting things. It looked like an on rails shooter.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Luna Was Here posted:

Nintendo revealed a big pile of Smash Bros DLC, and then Bethesda finally dropped Fallout 4 footage and it looks better than I could ever dream. I need a PS4 to get that game, no question

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Luna Was Here posted:

Nintendo: let's just have a great time with these games y'all :)
Bethesda: We're gonna have a CG movie for a card game

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Doom reboot was also shown and basically looks like they took Doom 3, layered on more detailed textures, and then injected pure Halo into its veins

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Man all these people buying right into the fallout 4 hype are going to be so mad when the game releases and it's a buggy mess like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas...

Gonna wait for the ultimate edition when all the mods are good and kinks are worked out

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Excels posted:

Doom reboot was also shown and basically looks like they took Doom 3, layered on more detailed textures, and then injected pure Halo into its veins

Yeah, I thought having a Cortana voiceover running through the whole thing was a little weird, too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lol have fun paying 20 bucks for a community made UI mod.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

computer parts posted:

If it was in game it was still totally staged in game. Like most players wouldn't look up. Or linger that long on the animations and landscape.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

Man all these people buying right into the fallout 4 hype are going to be so mad when the game releases and it's a buggy mess like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas...

i played almost all of those games on release and they were great. so long as you don't get a save breaking glitch, it's whatever. i'll be playing it on release and playing it a year and a half later when all the dlc is out and it runs well.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Luna Was Here posted:

sums it up.
Nintendo had some Splatoon matches commentated by a very enthusiastic child (actual child, not derogatory) and Mario Maker levels with hammer brothers jumping out of ? boxes and Bowser totem poles. Also some Smash and a very boring soccer shooter, but those were the main takeaways.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Soccer shooter look fun to play but was boring to watch.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

'Anyone try Fallout Shelter? It doesn't seem too bad for a tablet game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Big One

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726012

• Locked thread