Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
bethesda e3 recap

1) d44m : it looks really soulless and bland. gunpaly looked worse than hl2. insane amount of cinematic takedowns.
2) uhh i forgot
3) dishonoured 2. pre-rendered cinematic footage, who cares
4)fallout: the mobile game. how do people buy this poo poo
5: fallout 4) i think this actually looks way better than fo3 and skyrim. weapon modding is cool and the alndscapes look interesting too. i'm sure all the Content will be pretty boring and lovely in typical bethesda fashion but it'll be fun to gently caress around in, and the inevitable obsidian sequel will kick rear end. ui looks truely awful this time around however, with the dialogue menus replaced by 4 face button mapped choices and an insane fov and gigantic hud.

also wroth mentioning: the fallout 4 cinematic intro sequence, which was introduced by todd howard saying "Waht everyone loves about fallout is the world that used to be there before the bombs hit" (WHAT?!?!?!?!) Where you create your cahracter and by some sort of mysterious method are frozen for 200 years only to emerge in the wasteland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

idgi

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

megalodong posted:

I'm reading this dumb book "The Diary of Anne Frank" or something and i;m like wtf how am i meant to care about this if i can't see what you look like or sound like? Maybe if it was an audiobook narrated by Felicity Day or something, or if it had big pictures in it...

I literally have to take radaway because of how much cancer I got from reading this dumb poo poo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

megalodong posted:

I'm reading this dumb book "The Diary of Anne Frank" or something and i;m like wtf how am i meant to care about this if i can't see what you look like or sound like? Maybe if it was an audiobook narrated by Felicity Day or something, or if it had big pictures in it...

i think you are missing what this conversation is about which is appropriate since your bad joke is about how you can't read lol

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
The vault numbers :downs:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Quote this post if the first thing you will do in Fallout 4 is recreate Furiosa

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

mr.capps posted:

Quote this post if the first thing you will do in Fallout 4 is recreate Furiosa

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I just installed it. It is running slowly.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to create a vault in the game as Jim Bob and continue the legacy of the Duggars

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Has anyone identified the voice actors they showed yet? The Vault Tec guy sounded familiar.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i can finally create an entire town and then bar anyone from living there except me and my dog.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

megalodong posted:

Anne Frank - a blank slate with no personality or agency, who never communicates.

The gently caress?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They talked a lot about your dog pal but I'm gonna be disappointed if we can't bring your old robot along for the ride. Or at least invite him to clean up the crappy house I built in the middle of deathclaw town.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Anne Frank - a blank slate with no personality or agency, who never communicates.

The gently caress?

*hands u radaway*

We'll get thru this together friend

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Tell me when the mod that splices the plot from Witcher 3 into the gameplay of Fallout 4 is ready. Thanks.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

i'd honestly be disappointed if they dont make day one dog armor dlc

This is stupid dlc poo poo I would buy.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i missed the bethesda poo poo because i was watching game of thrones but i went back and watched the doom video of them in hell and uhhh it doesnt look very fun. also it looked like another case of "not in game footage"

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I'm really excited for dishonored 2 because it looks like it is basically thief 2: the metal age but more steam sea punk

The trailer for the first one was basically an exact match to the actual gameplay so I'm really excited for this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Quote this post if the first thing you will do in Fallout 4 is recreate Anne Frank

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

They talked a lot about your dog pal but I'm gonna be disappointed if we can't bring your old robot along for the ride. Or at least invite him to clean up the crappy house I built in the middle of deathclaw town.

I lay even odds on MIT offering to upgrade your dog into a cyberdog.

I mean, if Bethesda came into this with a "meticulously upgrade EVERYTHING" feel and forgot to give us a way to upgrade the dog so it doesn't constantly die, they hosed up.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 15, 2015

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

mr.capps posted:

i think you are missing what this conversation is about which is appropriate since your bad joke is about how you can't read lol

You're right, i misread and made a lovely post. Sorry :(

THought you were saying it was hard to empathize with someone if they weren't voiced.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

megalodong posted:

You're right, i misread and made a lovely post. Sorry :(

THought you were saying it was hard to empathize with someone if they weren't voiced.

I forgive you friend.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Kewpuh posted:

i know you posted this a while ago but here is a post that you made

I think it adds to the experience of reading that post if you know that it was made in 2013.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

I lay even odds on MIT offering to upgrade your dog into a cyberdog.

They'll also offer cyborg parts for you, because your character is a replicant. Please enjoy this Plot Twist Prediction everyone

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kewpuh posted:

i missed the bethesda poo poo because i was watching game of thrones but i went back and watched the doom video of them in hell and uhhh it doesnt look very fun. also it looked like another case of "not in game footage"

Yeah that seems to be how most people felt about it. Even if that was all real gameplay footage its nothing special. Honestly I wouldn't even think that was supposed to be a revival of Doom if I wasn't specifically told so.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I'm excited for Fallout 4 because it looks like they actually gave a poo poo this time.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Kewpuh posted:

Why do you say that? It looks like a Doom version of Serious Sam 3 except without all the awful BS that made Serious Sam 3 really bad.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

No Mods No Masters posted:

They'll also offer cyborg parts for you, because your character is a replicant. Please enjoy this Plot Twist Prediction everyone

I'll forgive this if there's a hallucination sequence with a Unicorn.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Propaganda Hour posted:

Why do you say that? It looks like Serious Sam 3 except without all the awful BS that made Serious Sam 3 really bad.

i only played the first serious sam which was pretty cool and also nonstop waves of monsters and poo poo and it was pretty fast... this didn't look like any of that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I tried Fallout 3 but found it super boring. I find the series kinda interesting but I think it's just not for me. A lot of what they showed off looked pretty cool but I wasn't convinced I'd like this one more.

Oh well Dishonored 2 is pretty exciting.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i thought doom looked pretty good?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Trees and Squids posted:

i thought doom looked pretty good?

me too. shame about how the 4th one turned out though.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

im kind of old now though so maybe fps games just arent really my thing anymore

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'll post the Monday thread maybe an hour or so before Microsoft's E3 starts, as long as I don't oversleep like a dumb stupid baby

Kewpuh posted:

they are for me but so far splatoon looks like the only good shooter this year

old blood could be cool though, I just bought that

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'll post the Monday thread maybe an hour or so before Microsoft's E3 starts, as long as I don't oversleep like a dumb stupid baby

they are for me but so far splatoon looks like the only good shooter this year

old blood could be cool though, I just bought that

just make the thread now if you want

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Kewpuh posted:

Nah it didn't look dangerous, the weapons weren't interesting, hell was uninspired.

You have to either have awesome design, or make the gamplay really drat awesome when it comes to an fps, a fake gameplay trailer that didn't even include anything besides enemies too slow to attack and at most 2 at a time isn't a hard seller.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

just make the thread now if you want
Yeah I'll do it before I go to bed then

I wouldn't have a problem with DOOM if it was called anything else, they could call it RAGE 2 even, I dunno. The original DOOM is just so fast and you waste enemies. Now you run as fast as Master Chief and you fight bullet sponges and do cinematic takedowns. It just looks like DOOM by Committee. Like the product of a million focus tests

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
the fps genre peaked years ago and is pretty tired. what did you people expect

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just remembered, what happened to the Doom Beta that came with Wolfenstein?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I figure Doom looked like dull poo poo because they wanted to incredibly slowly and prescriptedly show off the wicked textures they spent 8 years making

Because in the other footage the guy actually seemed to move really fast

But who cares when there's Fallout and the possibility of constructing the Death Tower, a mile high structure of nothing but bathroom stalls, stairs, and deathtraps to the clouds, with a mighty dog house throne at its peak

• Locked thread