Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Bicyclops posted:

What were the new stages? I'm glad they released it all today, that was a great surprise!

Dream land and some Mayo castle from the n64 smash, and one from street fighter 2. Brown. Woody. Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fat_Cow posted:

DLC is winning now? Neat

Nintendo has had to change their strategy in order to survive. The same people supporting this DLC said Nintendo would never go this route because DLC is a lovely business strategy. Now here we are.

But yeah, DLC is not winning, it's not saving a console that is still lagging way behind even the Xbox One.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

As long as people are happy with the product/pricepoint, who really cares?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

I want a Tom Nook amiibo.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Von Linus posted:

Dream land and some Mayo castle from the n64 smash, and one from street fighter 2. Brown. Woody. Good.

Actually it's Dreamland, SF2 Castle and Miiverse Stage

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

As long as people are happy with the product/pricepoint, who really cares?

It's just super weird seeing people say they are happy about DLC for a game and a console they don't even own.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Excels posted:

Actually it's Dreamland, SF2 Castle and Miiverse Stage

Sorry half asleep

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Why is the samus silhouette the actual amiibo

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the "it's out! NOW!!!" marketing strategy is something that should be done more

mostly because we'll get hilarious stories of people beating each other to death with nail bats over the protoman amiibo or some poo poo

What was that videogame console during the 90s E3 where they were like this launches...right now!! and pretty much bankrupted themselves

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What was that videogame console during the 90s E3 where they were like this launches...right now!! and pretty much bankrupted themselves
The Saturn :smug:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Sinners Sandwich posted:

sega saturn in 1995

e: drat it. Sony announced that theirs was gonna be $100 less per unit, though. Good thing Sega weren't dumb enough to make the same mistake with the Dreamcast...

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 14, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Mash posted:

E3 2015: jesus wept

lol i've been saving a youtube link of this for a special e3 treat.
Most likely the MS conference or Ubisoft as they'll be the absolute worst.

Mash posted:

we have such sights to show you

Its good to see someone else getting on the Hellraiser hype train.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The Saturn. It would have helped if the third-party devs had been told this, since at the time they were expecting another 8 months to prepare games for "launch." They also pissed off the retailers who weren't part of the inner circle (Kaybee Toys, a big deal at the time, felt spurned hard enough that they pulled all Sega merchandise from their shelves), and gave Sony the opening to undercut them with their $299 launch price announcement for the PS1.

I think "right now" is different when you're talking about a console (which depends on a software library which had better be ready for your surprise move) versus some form of software which is immediately ready for download/purchase.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

so first guy to come out with a fight stick to a smash tournament is going to make them all cry nerf?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I said come in! posted:

It's just super weird seeing people say they are happy about DLC for a game and a console they don't even own.

I own the game and the console, because it is a console chock full of great games, and Smash is one of them, and this was an exciting announcement, and you are a hateful baby.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Rookersh posted:

If that Retro reveal really is Metroid Prime 4, then yup.

Yes all oversight, story, and final calls will be made by Sakamoto. It cannot proceed without authorization from him.

:mrgw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI_VXWu1EqQ

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Al Borland posted:

lol i've been saving a youtube link of this for a special e3 treat.
Most likely the MS conference or Ubisoft as they'll be the absolute worst.

Can't talk for MS but the Ubisoft one is at the very least going to have a thing or two very much of note. Yves likes surprises

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

I own the game and the console, because it is a console chock full of great games, and Smash is one of them, and this was an exciting announcement, and you are a hateful baby.

No i'm not, you're just being overly sensitive, chill out. It's just some of the reactions to the DLC are absurd and some posters are laughing about that. You getting your undies in a bunch over it makes it even funnier.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Gimbal lock posted:

Can't talk for MS but the Ubisoft one is at the very least going to have a thing or two very much of note. Yves likes surprises

Another year without beyond good and evil. Probably a good thing because of how Ubisoft is now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I said come in! posted:

No i'm not, you're just being overly sensitive, chill out. It's just some of the reactions to the DLC are absurd and some posters are laughing about that. You getting your undies in a bunch over it makes it even funnier.

"Nintendo has to change their strategy in order to survive," a guy who's just being chill, here in the E3 thread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I said come in! posted:

Seems a bit weird you seem to think that everyone saying they're excited for it doesn't actually own the console or game though.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I look forward to reading about how jet fuel can't melt steel beams during Smash.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

"Nintendo has to change their strategy in order to survive," a guy who's just being chill, here in the E3 thread.

lol okay dude, i'll let you just go ahead and win your race to the bottom.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bicyclops posted:

People going "Nintendo has won E3" over Smash DLC is fairly funny, you have to admit.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the only way nintendo can win is if hey announce a new advance wars that isn't bullshit like the last one

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The only real winner in E3 is us, the players, for getting to learn about some great games and laughing at the bad ones.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Dewgy posted:

People going "Nintendo has won E3" over Smash DLC is fairly funny, you have to admit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DYje57V_BY

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Bicyclops posted:

The only real winner in E3 is us, the players, for getting to learn about some great games and laughing at the bad ones.

this

Davincie posted:

the only way nintendo can win is if hey announce a new advance wars that isn't bullshit like the last one

days of ruin was really good though

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

last night I dreamed about the road to e3 and when I arrived sheamus was waiting for me

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Al Borland posted:

Another year without beyond good and evil. Probably a good thing because of how Ubisoft is now.

Working at a big publisher gives people a lot of experience at making high-production games, even if you don't always work on the stuff that you might want to. Once in a while, people inside of the company with a whole lot of accrued experience want to make something different. If they're good and lucky enough, the company lets them roll with it until it becomes something really unexpected from a large publisher. They are love projects born from the stars aligning.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dewgy posted:

its too bad the other companies are too inept to do anything better

so yea, they pretty much already have

microsoft is gonna be a bunch of HEY KINECT, HEY SPORTS, HEY OCULUS RIFTTTTTTTTTTTTT

sony is going to be slightly less sad than that but its gonna be a bunch of 3rd party games that literally eveyrone else will get too

eonwe fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 14, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want to know why Ryu is included in smash DLC and not a more fitting character like Cammy.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Al Borland posted:

Yes all oversight, story, and final calls will be made by Sakamoto. It cannot proceed without authorization from him.

:mrgw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI_VXWu1EqQ

i thought sakamoto loving hated prime and didnt consider them canon. from everything i had read, it was all miyamoto that was overseeing the metroid prime project

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Taint Reaper posted:

I want to know why Ryu is included in smash DLC and not a more fitting character like Cammy.

hmm why would the first representative of a series be its most iconic flagship character

ive never even played a street fighter and i know about hadoken and shoryuken

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kewpuh posted:

i thought sakamoto loving hated prime and didnt consider them canon. from everything i had read, it was all miyamoto that was overseeing the metroid prime project

He just said they're a side-story, which they are. Sakamoto's silly, but he didn't shittalk Prime

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Excels posted:

I want a Tom Nook amiibo.

The dream is real

gigganigga3000
Jun 10, 2015
I can't wait for another year of disappointment!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Motto posted:

He just said they're a side-story, which they are. Sakamoto's silly, but he didn't shittalk Prime

yeah ok that's why Other M has no references to it at all and Samus talks like they didn't happen lol

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

I said come in! posted:

lol okay dude, i'll let you just go ahead and win your race to the bottom.

lol you care about console warz. go back to gamefaqs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Because the world can't handle Cammy Miiverse drawings.

• Locked thread