Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kewpuh posted:

i thought sakamoto loving hated prime and didnt consider them canon. from everything i had read, it was all miyamoto that was overseeing the metroid prime project

He just said they're a side-story, which they are. Sakamoto's silly, but he didn't shittalk Prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CuddlyZombie posted:

we already know persona 5 is coming out this year, so unless sony says ITS OUT NOW or releases some other bombshell related to it, it doesnt really have anything to do with E3

At most Atlus will upload the trailer from a few months ago in English.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Zas posted:

I'm really, really looking forward to more VR embarrassments. Like, I can't even explain

I hoping hard for an onstage VR demo by either MS or Sony.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yu Suzuki tweeted a picture of a forklift he found at E3, so Shenmue news, maybe...

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/610110764704141312

no

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Yes he does! He despises it. But I'm just saying anything metroid involved from now on will be crushed by him. As he is the "genius" and all most coincide with him.

I remember Sakamoto saying he was done with Metroid a year or two ago.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rocketlex posted:

Some people dug through the data of Smash Bros 4 and the only data pertaining to Ryu they ever found was a quick MP3 of his theme song, suggesting no actual work had been done on him.

And that song itself was only added in an update a month or so before the announcement and release.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Grimace posted:

I hope Egoraptor is the first to be disqualified.

are you doubting egoraptor's gaming/pants-making GBS threads skills?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i hope this yoshi game isn't poo poo, it'd be a change of pace from the last half dozen

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jiro posted:

So are these going to be Wii and WiiU games? Or is it going to be old school hard rear end thumb breaking NES/SNES games maybe an N64 Starfox Dogfight arena level?

both new games and old ones

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Blister posted:

so is treehouse just what nintendo calls the people they pay to market their games during e3?

do they call the women tied to 3ds systems shrubs?

it's their employees playing games on stream/their localization team

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

croutonZA posted:

So, is this a new Yoshi game they're showing off for the first time? I honestly can't tell anymore.

it's a yoshi game they announced a year or two ago that's notably not developed by the guys behind the really bad yoshi games on DS and 3DS

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rocketlex posted:

It is, in fact, made by the people who made Kirby's Epic Yarn.

They also made a far superior game called Wario Land: Shake It which nobody remembers.

i remember

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

I'll never forget Wario's butt shake

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

oh boy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

hahahahahahaha mother 1

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

NOPE

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol mother 1 is the game that the fan translators had to hack in an easy ring to make it not a slog

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I love how NOA has been elaborately trolling Mother fans for years and years now.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i hope that after translating mother 1 and putting up earthbound they still don't ever touch mother 3

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Mother 1 is going to be a lovely slog to play through now like all NES games.

maybe we'll get lucky and they'll have straight up taken the fan translation and include the easy ring

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

hashtags and global warming

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

poh kay mon

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ahahahahahhahahahahahahaah

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not a Children posted:

This is the best thing, awkward in the best of ways

E3.txt

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

So, is this just going on marathon through the whole Championship in one session?

yes

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

GOONS ASSEMBLE

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i don't think that's a girl

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

taints will be reaped

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

children onstage

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PRO SPLATOON

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jiro posted:

The team with a lot of shouting and cursing.

and pants-making GBS threads

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

replace all E3 PR reps with their kids

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

I'm seeing people hating on miniwheat in some parts of the internet what the gently caress

"get these loving kids away from my nintendo games" -retards

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Liu posted:

kids are gay

mods???????

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Akoogly Eyes posted:

They're bitter that they can't enjoy videogames as much as this kid. Shine on, miniwheat, you crazy diamond...

he's literally a child at E3 at a nintendo tournament, it's great

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I love how before two days of everybody else taking themselves really seriously, Nintendo's opening act is a small child gushing about videogames.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Crabtree posted:

YOU loving HIRE THIS KID RIGHT NOW, NINTENDO.

Nintendo's E3 Direct is actually just Iwata's funeral and MiniWheat's inauguration as Nintendo's new CEO.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

miniwheat needs to get in and own all these scrubs

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

miniwheat is already the true nintendo world champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CrashCat posted:

This just in, we don't actually want you to know who is winning, so all of the game footage will be replaced by a camera on Miniwheat

good

• Locked thread