Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Al Borland posted:

the dog is the final boss. It is already decided. Hsi head is going to pop open and the voice of the enclave leader will come out to mock you.

Of course! How could we ignore the signs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
when i get home I am going to watch the nintendo world champsionships because i had work and was in the wrong timezone. i just looked over the other thread and there is a lot of hype posts making me excited for mario maker. i feel like ill be having a great time

Bruceski posted:

Yup. Big event up front, presentation in the back followed by 3 days of Treehouse, Nintendo is bookending E3.

i didnt see any of the event, but i feel like from the sounds of it Nintendo just wants to have fun. i cannot see the other companies really caring about videogames in the same way. how do you even follow something like that?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Black August posted:

Ok great. Can I serve Dog? Wait no this is a Bethesda game there will be no such option, nevermind. I'll just make a mod to play as Dog myself. I'll make Dog Kingdom. Dogs only.

Vanilla FO4 will allow you to sacrifice yourself and die to stop dog, or to sacrifice someone else to stop dog.

When they do expansions DLC etc they'll revamp it. Much like the original poo poo ending of FO3

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Anime Curator posted:

didn't they....just announce...this past december freaking hyping up FF7 being on the PS4....only it to revealed as just a simple port?

The amount of air that Japanese exec let out of the room that day would probably sent more of a message to people who actually decide things abroad than anything ever would.

I never take these things seriously, but they did two B-tier games and a whole movie for the 10th anniversary that I never thought they'd finish either, and it's been another ten years since that. The old excuse always was "the technology is too expensive to create that for", but given that they have an engine to work with they could probably hammer out something in the territory of Type-0 HD and not break the back of the company like they would have done to do it on PS3. It wouldn't be the quality of 15, because no remake is ever going to be at flagship game standards.

Basically they can probably afford to make a kind of okay PS3 game, except on a current system. But then again they also could have afforded to port XII to PS3, since it's PS2 graphics assets exceeded the system's ability to display them all in full detail, and chose X instead. I don't try to understand Square logic.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

what did i miss yesterday, any new games on the nintendo conference?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Craptacular! posted:

The amount of air that Japanese exec let out of the room that day would probably sent more of a message to people who actually decide things abroad than anything ever would.

I never take these things seriously, but they did two B-tier games and a whole movie for the 10th anniversary that I never thought they'd finish either, and it's been another ten years since that. The old excuse always was "the technology is too expensive to create that for", but given that they have an engine to work with they could probably hammer out something in the territory of Type-0 HD and not break the back of the company like they would have done to do it on PS3. It wouldn't be the quality of 15, because no remake is ever going to be at flagship game standards.

Basically they can probably afford to make a kind of okay PS3 game, except on a current system. But then again they also could have afforded to port XII to PS3, since it's PS2 graphics assets exceeded the system's ability to display them all in full detail, and chose X instead. I don't try to understand Square logic.

Sales of Final Fantasy X - 8 million

Sales of Final Fantasy XII - >6 million.

There's your logic.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I watch Cosmo and was sad that he didn't win the Nintendo World Event. He got to hold Miyamoto's hand though as Miyamoto whispered he enjoyed his speedruns.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fulchrum posted:

Sales of Final Fantasy X - 8 million

Sales of Final Fantasy XII - >6 million.

There's your logic.

Oh man its Deak! Hey Deak :D

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

can we all ignore deak for a minute, what new games did nintendo announce

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

deak owned me for a terrible post i made so i can't mock him.

Stux posted:

Super Mario Party?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The fallout vault management game looks more fun than actual fallout 4. I'd rather have a simple game that's been refined and done well than a half baked big one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Stux posted:

A Wii U port of the bad NES Mother game for Virtual Console and an FPS soccer thing about robots for 3DS which may/may not be made by Retro I dunno I don't really care because Rocket League exists and does that idea better. It wasn't a Direct or anything, just their video game tournament thing but with the odd announcement here and there.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Policenaut posted:

A Wii U port of the bad NES Mother game for Virtual Console and an FPS soccer thing about robots for 3DS which may/may not be made by Retro I dunno I don't really care because Rocket League exists and does that idea better. It wasn't a Direct or anything, just their video game tournament thing but with the odd announcement here and there.

yeah how odd during these E3 times. DUring these E3 moments. How odd. Why can't we just have conventional announcements and releases.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Did it happen? Did the other companies learn from last years awesome Treehouse to book time and plan to have hands on telecast events for the rest of E3?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Just caught up with Bethesda's conference. Todd Howard's a loving great presenter. Even if everything he said was a lie, I felt like I was being lied to by a human that loves me.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I would be surprised if Nintendo got Shigesato Itoi to show up for just a cameo. They are back in cahoots again and that means new Mother!

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

Steve2911 posted:

Just caught up with Bethesda's conference. Todd Howard's a loving great presenter. Even if everything he said was a lie, I felt like I was being lied to by a human that loves me.

I am hoping for another "See that mountain?" moment.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Junkie Disease posted:

I would be surprised if Nintendo got Shigesato Itoi to show up for just a cameo. They are back in cahoots again and that means new Mother!

Iwata and Itoi are pals, I can't imagine it took much convincing.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Junkie Disease posted:

Did it happen? Did the other companies learn from last years awesome Treehouse to book time and plan to have hands on telecast events for the rest of E3?

No.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Bethesda have actually delivered a natural un embarrasing conference, with announcements people actually cared about and jokes people actually laughed at.

This does not bode well for people wanting embarassing moments and just general cock ups.

Luckly we have Microsoft today and the Ubisoft one is always entertaining.

Also why does android always get poo poo on I want to play Fallout shelter too dammit :psyduck:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So I hopped on a train this morning and headed into the Sydney CBD for the Bethesda conference. They rented out the Star Bar in the CBD and 500 nerds rocked up for good times.

Got free food and soft drink, but you had to pay for grog. Me and a mate just kicked back, had a few pints and watched awesome poo poo on the screen for 2 hours. E3 and grog just felt right.
Crowd cheered whenever demons got stomped into the ground for Doom 4. Then lost their collective poo poo for Fallout 4.

Apparently the guys in America got cool figurines. Here's what we got in Sydney

Taking bids now for the pins. Starting at $500.

Wayyyyyyy too many guys with half-arsed costumes. Some guy wearing a duct-tape power armour costume he cobbled together in a week won an xbone, and some chick rocked up cosplaying Dante from Devil May Cry totally misunderstanding the point of the whole goddamn Bethesda games only theme. Fallout cosplay was the only thing on offer.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VoLaTiLe posted:

Also why does android always get poo poo on I want to play Fallout shelter too dammit :psyduck:

This pisses me off more than my 'E3 swag haul' does. It looks cool as gently caress.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Infinitum posted:

and some chick rocked up cosplaying Dante from Devil May Cry totally misunderstanding the point of the whole goddamn Bethesda games only theme

She understood. She made the correct choice to ignore the premise of the event. You should thank her.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Your BE3 Cosplay winners folk. These guys won an Xbone for their stellar effort. Duct-tape and a tinny can. Goodonyas.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Holy gently caress, that whole Mario Maker segment of the NWC. I'm buying a Wii U

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Max22 posted:

Holy gently caress, that whole Mario Maker segment of the NWC. I'm buying a Wii U

$225 for a Nintendo refurbished (as-new) console with Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat570935

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max22 posted:

Legit question. I'm downloading the NWC video off of Youtube, is it worth watching the whole thing? Or just skim through it?

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Steve2911 posted:

Todd Howard is a great presenter because he can give a speech with a natural tone and cadence like he's in a conversation. Everyone else can only manage stilted teleprompting. That would be okay for game engineers/artists who are up on stage presenting, but all these execs and PR people who present at E3 and still teleprompt-voice it should know better. As an engineer, I was even taught and forced to practice getting my voice right for presentations during college. We had a specific english class for engineers to teach it, and it was driven home by doing professional conference presentations as part of our senior design class.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Q: What time does Microsoft start in Brisbane time? It's 1:30 or 2:30am?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Infinitum posted:

Legit question. I'm downloading the NWC video off of Youtube, is it worth watching the whole thing? Or just skim through it?

Splatoon (first) and Mario Maker (final) have a very enthusiastic audience. Splatoon's commentated by a small child, so if you can't tolerate their enthusiasm it may grate on ya but it's fun as heck. The second round was a world premiere game that may be fun to play but was boring to watch (the audience is dead quiet), third was Mario Kart 200cc (if you haven't seen 200cc, worth watching just for the crazy), and then Smash which you may find more watchable than me (I enjoy the heck out of playing it, just not my favorite to spectate).

Super Mario Maker has some Kaizo-level shenanigans (enemies from item blocks and such) but without the bullshit and is definitely worth watching. Some of the mindgames are pure beauty.

The elimination rounds are Nick Arcade-esque Virtual Console challenges (beat the first dungeon in Zelda, starting at Mother Brain finish the game, and Balloon Fight high score). Nothing spectacular in them but watchable.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Infinitum posted:

I'd say watch everything except the Robot Soccer part. That game looks boring as heck.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cool thanks guy. Off to feel fabulous.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Max22 posted:

I am looking forward to watching NWC so much. the whole reason i bought my Wiiu was for mario maker! (that and having missed out on almost all nintendo consoles) turns out it was a very good purchase regardless!

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Anidav posted:

Q: What time does Microsoft start in Brisbane time? It's 1:30 or 2:30am?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Wow it's like I'm really playing video games on a TV!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Heran Bago posted:

Wow it's like I'm really playing video games on a TV!

I'm confused. What exactly am I seeing here.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Black August posted:

The future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpCHx6iXg_M

(She is playing a 2D game inside a virtual living room)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

Cool thanks guy. Off to feel fabulous.

Nothing else matters in Mario now but this and the shell helmets.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Infinitum posted:

The future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpCHx6iXg_M

(She is playing a 2D game inside a virtual living room)

Oh. I see now. She is not actually inside of that room. So they invented gaming inception? Ok. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Black August posted:

all interest in oculus rift fading away into nothing

• Locked thread