Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
suposedly. id rather have a version of 9 that doesnt look liek pixely poo poo like the psn version thoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
by heavily modded, i mean its supposed to be *reading from the news site im regurgitating thsio info from* the 2012 pc version which i believe is supposed to look different to the regular ff7. IDK - contard here.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I.N.R.I posted:

by heavily modded, i mean its supposed to be *reading from the news site im regurgitating thsio info from* the 2012 pc version which i believe is supposed to look different to the regular ff7. IDK - contard here.

they announced that months ago, the rumor is an actual remake

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

they announced that months ago, the rumor is an actual remake

ohhh.. well, thats what i saw + i googled it and got some article saying its probably just the pc version.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

i remember a couple years ago when this was rumored but it was actually just ridge racer

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
anyway i got this news from siliconera, which i use to check for new 3ds games and stuff. dunno if theyre credible , i think they are tho.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Epic OP, though the Steam version has inferior translation to the old PC and PS1 version's.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Epic OP, though the Steam version has inferior translation to the old PC and PS1 version's.

Im wrong anyway, its gonna be a full remake , according to a rumour that someone told to a news sidte, or to a guy that then told a news site, allegedly.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
a remake would be cool actually, since I've beaten FF& a few times anyway

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Wormskull posted:

The old pc version was fuxxed. They left all the prompts in ps1 buttons and I struggled as a child. Also I remember it being buggy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had ne'er a problem with it other than when my dad reformatted my computer without backing up the save.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I remember having problems but I was also like 10 or whatever and not good with computer.

I remember some problems with the prompts, some sound problems, and also getting stuck in the ice caves with the marlboros that sat in the path because a fight wouldn't trigger :(

Still loved it though

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I've been thinking about buying the ff10/10-2 ps4 HD pack for a while but it's like $60 and the only FF I'd want to replay less would be like 12 or maybe 8

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FFX-2 is a masterpiece.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

FFX-2 is a masterpiece.
FFXIII's battle system felt like a weaker version of X-2's, but I hear the sequels surpass it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

FFXIII's battle system felt like a weaker version of X-2's, but I hear the sequels surpass it.

The International Zodiac Job System version of FF12 is fairly win but I haven't played any after that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

The International Zodiac Job System version of FF12 is fairly win but I haven't played any after that.
I really want to play it too, I liked 12 a lot.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I've been thinking about buying the ff10/10-2 ps4 HD pack for a while but it's like $60 and the only FF I'd want to replay less would be like 12 or maybe 8

from loving where i got it for twenty bucks last week

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

from loving where i got it for twenty bucks last week

I'm fairly certain even at launch it was 40 dollars new, but that poster could be a dreadful foreigner.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It's 60 US dollars on the playstation 4 network store for the HD combo pack idk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think FF7 as it is is pretty near perfect anyway, idk what a remake would really add.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
play the steam version to get 9999 levels and infinite gil at the press of a butan

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

FFX-2 is a masterpiece.

Yeah

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

You can make 9 look really nice on an emulator but it would be nice if you didn't have to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should release a crisp looking 9 where battles didn't take a million years to load.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I think FF7 as it is is pretty near perfect anyway, idk what a remake would really add.

A sexier cross-dressing Cloud in Don Corneo's mansion comes to mind.

And please don't tease, I would actually buy a PS4 just for this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Supposedly the PS4 version of FFX changed the way the RNG works so battles will always play out the same way but it's probably nothing you would really notice playing the game normally

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Supposedly the PS4 version of FFX changed the way the RNG works so battles will always play out the same way but it's probably nothing you would really notice playing the game normally

That was a cool bug. It happened because the RNG calls the system clock to seed the encounters and dice rolls but the system clock data is in a different place in the console on PS4 vs PS3 and no one checked it, so everybody plays on the same default seed lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At least that's what some huge freaking nerd in Games said, they could be talking off their rear end for all I know

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

That was a cool bug. It happened because the RNG calls the system clock to seed the encounters and dice rolls but the system clock data is in a different place in the console on PS4 vs PS3 and no one checked it, so everybody plays on the same default seed lol.

lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

They should release a crisp looking 9 where battles didn't take a million years to load.

Pretty much this. The only 2 things I disliked about 9 were the long loads for battles, and the fact that when you hit disc 4, half of the game gets locked out (probably because they loaded up the disc with FMVs and had to cut content, pretty sure FF8 was the same way).

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

Pretty much this. The only 2 things I disliked about 9 were the long loads for battles, and the fact that when you hit disc 4, half of the game gets locked out (probably because they loaded up the disc with FMVs and had to cut content, pretty sure FF8 was the same way).

that was the reason and ff8 was as well

it's the same with the other discs it's just that on disc 1 you can't get to a bunch of the cities so you don't notice, but disc 4 you have the airship so you do

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

it's all random numbers everywhere in the game including damage and random encounter placement but yeah it does

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Someone allegedly legit on neogaf said the ff7 remake was getting announced tonight

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I really want to play it too, I liked 12 a lot.

12 is really underrated. its cool how the main character isnt really the main character but just somebody who happened to be around, and the combat was cool and the whole if then party control poo poo was dope. ive never played the zodiac version because my pc cant handle ps2 emulation but i want to

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sword_man.gif posted:

that was the reason and ff8 was as well

it's the same with the other discs it's just that on disc 1 you can't get to a bunch of the cities so you don't notice, but disc 4 you have the airship so you do

what happened if you tried to go to the cities.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Nothing, in ff8 theres some story stuff that explains whats up but you cant go in to cities, only end dungeon and optional sidequest places in the world. Heard it was to free space for fmvs

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

Someone allegedly legit on neogaf said the ff7 remake was getting announced tonight

Some1 update this thread if they do plz cos i wont see it if it only goes in the e3 thread

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

rediscover posted:

what happened if you tried to go to the cities.

in ff8 there was just a forcefield

in ff9 the entrances were blocked off by tree roots because of plot reasons

it made it possible to do things like permanently miss firaga/blizzaga/thundaga if you don't buy an octagon rod on disc 3 in ff9

• Locked thread