Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I've been thinking about buying the ff10/10-2 ps4 HD pack for a while but it's like $60 and the only FF I'd want to replay less would be like 12 or maybe 8

from loving where i got it for twenty bucks last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

Pretty much this. The only 2 things I disliked about 9 were the long loads for battles, and the fact that when you hit disc 4, half of the game gets locked out (probably because they loaded up the disc with FMVs and had to cut content, pretty sure FF8 was the same way).

that was the reason and ff8 was as well

it's the same with the other discs it's just that on disc 1 you can't get to a bunch of the cities so you don't notice, but disc 4 you have the airship so you do

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

rediscover posted:

what happened if you tried to go to the cities.

in ff8 there was just a forcefield

in ff9 the entrances were blocked off by tree roots because of plot reasons

it made it possible to do things like permanently miss firaga/blizzaga/thundaga if you don't buy an octagon rod on disc 3 in ff9

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
ffx remake is good

they didn't really add anything besides the stuff you didn't get if you're an american

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

No offense to Vivi, he kicks rear end, it's just that elemental damage isn't great in Memoria.

yeah cast flare instead or set up a shadow absorb set and cast doomsday

it still drives my spergin up the wall to not have them tho

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

NickRoweFillea posted:

It didn't need anything new added anyways, ffx is a classic

yeah i just played through it again and it's still a r.good game

less than 20% of people have the trophy for finishing it tho :shopkeeper:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

That's more than most games

yeah but almost as many people have done "complete the chocobo race in 0:0:00 for the sun sigil" than have beaten the loving game

and the chocobo race is loving annoying+optional

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
ff7 remake confirmed

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
materia would be better if the master materia didn't exist that gave every command in the book so you didn't basically have omnicharacters like 8 and 10

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
ah, it's yuna's turn

>Quick Hit

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

The chocobo race wasn't that bad [i enjoyed it actually]- kimhri and lulu's ultimate weapons were way shittier to get

imo the chocobo race is more annoying because tidus has a decent overdrive while lulu and kimarhi both suck because their overdrives are garbage

so if you're gonna do spergfest superbosses you need to do chocobo racing but can ignore butterflies and lightning

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Can't lulu overdrive into multicast flare/ultima? That doesn't seem so bad. I don't even remember what kimirhri was but you can lancet a sik spell off of Omega or Alpha or w.e the secret boss is called

she can but the spell's damage is so reduced in fury mode (they get less than 1/2 normal scaling) + enemies are so tuff it deals basically no damage, she has the worst overdrive in the game

if you're playing international hd the best overdrive is still rikku for mix, then wakka, then yuna/tidus since anima's oblivion and the sisters delta attack have more than 1 hit, then auron, kimarhi, and lulu in last

auron loses a lot of potency due to dark aeons + penance being immune to all the breaks and his celestial weapon has a stupid gimmick

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
nine is just super hard to replay because of the dire load times and how long fights take

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
imagine ff9 with ffx-2's battle fluidity....now that's some epic win

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

net cafe scandal posted:

Do you guys think Final Fantasy I, II, V, VI, IX, X, and XII will come to Steam.. don't really know too much about Final Fantasy.

no no no no maybe if there was a pc release no no

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

net cafe scandal posted:

Huh, apparently the old games on Steam are like, 3d remakes... are they assy iOS ports or something? I never had a Playstation so I wanna play the final fantasies before FFXV and the Remake come out.

they're ports of ds games

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
if you really want to play the old final fantasies purchase the gba remakes since they're pretty good

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
e: gently caress that was the wrong thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
yes i also hope for nude mods *looks wistfully at gippal* uh for the girls of course!!

• Locked thread