Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

This game sucks rear end. This is nothing like Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It looks really bad.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

congrats on the Brutal Doom maker for making his mod an official game

Fortissimo
Apr 7, 2007
:duckie:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its poo poo

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

it'll probably be fun

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
it looks like a game from 2015

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
It's rear end dude.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How hard could it be to update DOOM with some new graphics. do that and little else, and itd be great

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUVXAl0dgYY

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Khanstant posted:

How hard could it be to update DOOM with some new graphics. do that and little else, and itd be great

Doom's quirks were caused by technical limitations that we can thankfully move past now.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Falsum posted:

Doom's quirks were caused by technical limitations that we can thankfully move past now.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

that looks cool

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't care about this poo poo I just want the Serious Sam series to be good again, seriously.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Falsum posted:

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Blackheart posted:

it'll probably be fun

don't be stupid.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

As long as they don't make darkness a gameplay mechanic, it'll be way better than 3.

Fortissimo
Apr 7, 2007
the best parts about doom were the scary monsters and levels that don't make architectural sense but were really fun to explore. All of the enemies are copies of the old ones re-imagined by fat nerds that listen to nu-metal. The one button finishing moves prove that there is absolutely no hope whatsoever of this being good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The map-making tools look pretty cool.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Falsum posted:

well it also left behind some awesome poo poo we should bring back, like secret doors or not having to turn an FPS into a clicking flash game. The whole vertical addition to aiming really killed the genre for me tbh

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
if i wanted to click at different parts of the screen I'd play Mario Paint's Flyswatter minigame FFS

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Khanstant posted:

The whole vertical addition to aiming really killed the genre for me tbh
What the gently caress is wrong with you

Soral
May 30, 2009

i had a good laugh at the crowd cheering wildly as the same canned animation played twice in a row yesterday, lol

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The lighting and shadows are somehow worse than Doom 3 and all the enemies are gray cyber turds. The weapons look and sound really weak and ineffectual. Killmoves break the flow of the game and are in purely to appeal to the Brutal Doom crowd. My wallet!

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

drat

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

bring us the freaking doomrl 2 btw

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Soral posted:

i had a good laugh at the crowd cheering wildly as the same canned animation played twice in a row yesterday, lol

The E3 audience is the group of most easily amused retards there is, dwarfing the live audiences of shows like Big Bang Theory.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

him picking up & reloading the super shotgun at the start of the trailer might have been the most rigid animation ive ever seen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Falsum posted:

The E3 audience is the group of most easily amused retards there is, dwarfing the live audiences of shows like Big Bang Theory.
Bazinga Game Studios

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Falsum posted:

It was cool when doomguy picked up the chainsaw and everyone started cheering really loud as he slowly walks up to an imp and the game stops for 5 seconds to play a canned melee kill animation, then he does it again to another imp with the exact same animation.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
The people who have expectations of this game are in for an even bigger surprise than the Duke bros.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

People would have said this game looks like another generic FPS turd if Doom wasn't attached to it. Everything looked really uninspired and the mini cutscenes that play just to kill random enemies are ghey, lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

A cool drat horse posted:

People would have said this game looks like another generic FPS turd if Doom wasn't attached to it. Everything looked really uninspired and the mini cutscenes that play just to kill random enemies are ghey, lol.

people love brands

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The plasma gun basically shoots glowing blue tennis balls, it's awful.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love the noise that the original Doom plasma gun made

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
What's with Bethesda and piss filters

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's rear end dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

let me guess, top is what we're getting?

• Locked thread