Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mr. Carrol. Few

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He gave me a AutoCAD software from like 1993. It's awesome...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well it's CAD Software... Not AutoCAD...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i had a woodshop teacher who was a fiend at age of empires 2 and he let us all copy it just so he could wipe us in class

i also had a typing class that was p much an hour and a half of gaming time and the teacher was this spanish lady who didnt give a poo poo. learned awsd at least lmao

Doctor Nick
Dec 27, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

the guy that made brutal doom didnt understand why people got mad when he starting putting pictures of real dead bodies into his mod

there are already dead bodies in doom.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

But once I created a full replica of the drafting lab in SketchUp and taught the class to use it at the beginning of the semester he just guaranteed me an A so I had like 16 or whatever weeks to do whatever, with his implicit blessing... He was epic but he got fired and went on to write a book about divorce laws and culture in America.

i had two cool teachers like that who would give fun assignments, and basically treated teaching like a robin williams movie. it turned out they were both loving the students.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

is this real? ahhahaahah

Today I decided to take the gore of Brutal Doom to a whole new level! Through these two years of development, some gib sprites from Nashgore still remained, so, I decided to make whole new sprites to replace them. Where to find the material? Making fake wax pieces of gore myself and taking pics of it? No, but searching the internet for REAL gore, and trying to turn pieces of these pictures of REAL DEAD PEOPLE into sprites.

In this demostrative video you can see 3 pieces of REAL GORE: These pinky brain pieces at 00:07 were taken from a picture of a guy wich got his head ran over by a bus, and his brain splattered all over the street. The eye globe at 00:10 is taken from a guy that got his face shoot by a shotgun at point blank. These generic meat pieces flying at 01:10 are from a pic of a guy butchered by the mexican cartels.

I’m not going to remake ALL sprites using real gore because it takes a lot of time, and it takes hours searching for pictures with the gore in an useable condidtion and angle to be used, but if anybody knows where I can find a clear picture of exposed human entrails, please send the link via PM

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sgt mark ftw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this was in the reddit comments when i was looking for that quote

gearbox is ftw now

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

this was in the reddit comments when i was looking for that quote

gearbox is ftw now

hahahaha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Ok, Brutal Doom is actually pretty loving good.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Today I decided to take the gore of Brutal Doom to a whole new level! Through these two years of development, some gib sprites from Nashgore still remained, so, I decided to make whole new sprites to replace them. Where to find the material? Making fake wax pieces of gore myself and taking pics of it? No, but searching the internet for REAL gore, and trying to turn pieces of these pictures of REAL DEAD PEOPLE into sprites.

In this demostrative video you can see 3 pieces of REAL GORE: These pinky brain pieces at 00:07 were taken from a picture of a guy wich got his head ran over by a bus, and his brain splattered all over the street. The eye globe at 00:10 is taken from a guy that got his face shoot by a shotgun at point blank. These generic meat pieces flying at 01:10 are from a pic of a guy butchered by the mexican cartels.

I’m not going to remake ALL sprites using real gore because it takes a lot of time, and it takes hours searching for pictures with the gore in an useable condidtion and angle to be used, but if anybody knows where I can find a clear picture of exposed human entrails, please send the link via PM

Get this guy an account!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

quote:

this is the best bit

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

how come the doom guy is doing all of this parkour stuff

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Falsum posted:

It looks really bad.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
bioshock style ghost cutscenes was what we were all clamoring for in a doom game, right?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Black Ops 3 looks faster and more fun. Just thought I'd say that here too. Bye.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man I forgot that he listened to an audio log during that demo...Christ

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it looks better than most modern military shooters, but still not that great. the canned animations are maybe the biggest problem, and i'm having a hard time imagining that combat working in a giant room of 50 monsters where you have to control their fire while strategically eliminating them, and that's what i'd call core doom gameplay. i'm not writing it off yet, but that demo didn't get me too excited.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I named mine 8yr_old_pussy and eventually people in the computer lab classes who didn't know my real name called me 8 year old, and I was a legend at the UT99 Demo.

Halo and UT99. [shouting really loud to the police] We have an absolute fag over here. [goes back to fragging people in quake live, once you've been arrested]

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

brutal

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Bobnumerotres posted:

from what giantbomb was saying you dont need to do the executions, but the game encourages you by the enemies dropping extra stuff when they die via those canned animations and of course you save ammo

either way it's stupid as hell and the game's only saving grace might be the multiplayer

The enemies drop stuff even if you shoot them, they just have to go into the glowy state that lets you do a killmove on them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Imagine if Eric and Dylan played brutal Doom or Doom 4

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

http://www.acolumbinesite.com/eric/doom.html

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

doom was of its time too much. released today it would be a pretty bad game. what you want from a doom game is to feel like how you felt back then, but your expectations have changed so much that just a doom game can't make you feel that way.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

chaosbreather posted:

doom was of its time too much. released today it would be a pretty bad game. what you want from a doom game is to feel like how you felt back then, but your expectations have changed so much that just a doom game can't make you feel that way.
Actually it was extremely good and still is. Get the gently caress out of here.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Actually it was extremely good and still is. Get the gently caress out of here.

it still is good because it was good

but if it wasn't good it wouldn't be good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

chaosbreather posted:

idiot

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

chaosbreather posted:

fucker

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

chaosbreather posted:

dumbass

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

chaosbreather posted:

retard

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

chaosbreather posted:

I hope someone physically assaults you in front of your family.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

"Doom was of its time too much" is one of the dumbest things I've seen posted on this forum.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

chaosbreather posted:

it still is good because it was good

but if it wasn't good it wouldn't be good

gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chaosbreather posted:

You are a loving subhuman bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

you're saying an indie fps with no multiplayer, non-sensical map designs and sprites for enemies would be even noticed in the flood of steam crap nowadays? ok

• Locked thread