Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Souls Games Forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

turtlecrunch posted:

e3 diorama of ugly hands

That looks incredibly goofy, but the idea of Build Your Own Bonefire is still cool. I'm a masochist so I hope you have to sacrifice something besides a Hollow, like one of your weapons (which immediately transmorphs into the bonfire sword you can never get in game :argh:)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I really hope it goes back to level-based matchmaking. I had tons of fun with DS1 characters that relied on consumable weapons and soul memory made that impossible unfeasible

pedant edit

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Harrow posted:

Bloodborne's backstabs were really great. I liked the charge attacks overall, too. I'd prefer if those had come back in Dark Souls III, but I guess not.

I didn't play Bloodborne just watched a few videos, were those viable at all in PvP? I do feel like bad positioning/timing should be punishable but instant death isn't fun either.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

If there are Sword Arts then I hope there are Bow Arts too. If they really are a viable primary this time they'll need something to add complexity.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

What exactly are we discussing in terms of DS1 backstabs? Is it just the huge range where you can pull them off vs DS2 (bad), the huge damage potential (needs work), or just versus Bloodborne?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope they bring indictments back. I don't care if they do anything or not, I just think being told that you were indicted was funny.

Same, although it would be nice if bluecops had something to do for once

homeless poster posted:

this would never happen but i would love it if using indictments actually flagged some hidden variable and the more indictments you used, the more frequently you were chosen for invasion

are you kidding that would be dope as gently caress

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I thought that in DS1 if you had heavy indictment you'd get invaded more often? homeless poster is saying that if you use indictments you'd get hit more often.

e: hypothetically

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Please god let there be flippy platforms I can trick people onto and kill

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Captain Yossarian posted:

Knocking people off of cliffs using the Roar and Auger of Ebrietas is both hilarious and probably my favorite PVP moments in a "souls" game honestly. Nothing quite like Roar spamming and knocking someone down a ladder shaft or off the roof of Cainhurst Castle

loving lol if you think that was a thing bloodborne introduced

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Ahhh yeah, this is my jam. Can't wait for Blighttown 3.0

Groovelord Neato posted:

Both shields and spells are for the weak.

Indeed, friend

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Am I the only one who moved jumping back to the sprint button?

No, I did as well. The mechanic is etched too deeply into my muscle memory to go making changes at this point.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Bloodborne is a bad Souls game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Khanstant posted:

it's on some expensive weird foreign machine, it's weird anyone at all has played it

• Locked thread