Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Ehhh. Bloodborne was Ok but boss design was poo poo, as were the tools.

I'm hoping they'll be back to real variety in character types and weapons and armour, but I don't know. The series has been trying new things and I don't know how great they've been. Chalices were poo poo, the health regain mechanic was ok but not really all that different when you could rarely get all your health back against actually difficult enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*record scratch*
Oh, when they were, good they were good, to be sure. And most looked good; the problem was that about 3/4ths of them were "Big thing that spams sweeping attacks wildly at you and kills you and are built off the werewolf model" to some degree, while the chalice bosses were often just upgraded normal enemies.

In moving away from the Dark Souls "The tactic is always 'Hit in butt' ", they kinda instead went overboard with bosses that just OHKO-ed you constantly and if you liked that, uhh, that's cool I guess.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Was there even any practical reason to do Blighttown first in Dark Souls?
You can get the wooden tower shield before you fight the dog boss and never quite understand why people complain about that boss. :P

• Locked thread