Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

You see Reno sitting at a back table. He sips on a KafBomb, gesturing to the chairs beside him. He doesn't talk until everyone is seated. “I have a package that's supposed to be delivered tonight. Unfortunately, the smuggler in question, Feldman Wrongway, has angered a street gang called the Kickers. Right now, he's holed up with my package in an abandoned hardware store near the Everett ferry terminal." He sips again at the drink before continuing. "What I need from you is a distraction so the smuggler can escape on the ferry. I suggest you send them on a wild goose chase or get them to fight each other instead of attacking them directly. But I'll leave the decision in your hands. So long as I get my package, intact and unharmed, I'll be happy. For your assistance, I'll pay you each 2,500 nuyen."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Lilith "Wraith" Wright

Lilith giggles, short and elegant and high-class and soaked in disdain. "You want us to what? Mix it up with a bunch of gangers for chump change? I'm not sure if you got the message, but we're actually, you know, professional criminals. And that means we don't get out of bed for less than twice that. And, simply put, I've seen the others here in action. They're worth it. So let's make it three times your offer if we're going to establish a decent working relationship."

Then she narrows her eyes and her voice gets colder. "Or, if that's your serious offer, I could get you a number for the local Ancients chapter. Let's call it a 10 percent finder's fee, and you'll get the manpower you're paying for at that price point. See, love, you requested professionals, and I expect you to accommodate the price tag associated with that request."

Negotiation: 16d6t5 5
Accidentally rolled two too many; dropping the last two gets us to 4 hits. Now, Edge rerolling the misses. That's 10 more dice.
Negotiation Edge Reroll: 10d6t5 4
Grand total of 8 hits to talk him up to the amount he should be paying us.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 17, 2015

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Reno regards Lilith for a few moments, before the corners of his mouth lift into a smile. "I suppose I started low. The most I can offer for this particular job is 6,500 nuyen. If you plan to farm this contract out, I don't intend to stop you. Just keep in mind that it's your reputations on the line, so I hope you give this job to some gangers you know are competent. Maybe from having hired them before."

He lets that hang in the air for a moment before continuing. "So, 6,500 nuyen is my best offer. Is that acceptable?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Laughing Dog

"Mmn..." Leon mulls it over. "Zis is something that could be solved with a little help from die Pappschachtel...The amount will vork. I am, how you say, cooking up ways to do this with or without hiring others to do zis for us."

He looks back over at his companions. "If you are willing to play along, that is."

• Locked thread