Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I think Oculus VR kit (which comes with a XB1 controller and some other junk) is rumoured for about $400, no idea about the Oculus Touch controller.
Being an early adopter is rarely cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

The robot dinosaur sounded terrible but looked pretty good, and they can change the former more easily than the latter. Guerilla's track record is the underwhelming Killzone series though, is there reason to think they'll do a better job with this one?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

hoping for a release date for FFXV out before christmas.

I'll be astonished if it's out before 2016, but mildly surprised if it's not out by the endof 2016.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

arcsig posted:

People keep posting this picture but I think I'm an idiot, what am I supposed to be looking at here?

Imagine your smartphone could produce a 3D effect, like the 3DS or something. Now hold it out in front of your face as far as your arm will reach. That is pretty much the area within which Hololens can produce 3D effects, the area around the inner rectangle (the dark space) wouldn't have any sort of effects at all. No 3D or even a 2D overlay.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the hololens was some of the biggest bullshit i seen lately

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

arcsig posted:

People keep posting this picture but I think I'm an idiot, what am I supposed to be looking at here?

How much of your view that you can actually see the hololens content, making it just as awful and disorienting as the Original 3ds' hold-your-head-really-loving-still 3d.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Terper posted:

FFXV won't be at E3. They're saving it for Gamescom. So if anyone's in the thread's waiting for more FFXV info, well uh, don't. That's when the promotional campaign for the game will start off, so we should at least get a release window then.

Since when do devs care about gamescom ffs!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hopper posted:

Is there an easy to comprehend page that sums up all important announcements without having to watch 10hs of video conferences?

Oculus -

EA - Boring. Sports sports sports. loving Dangerzone plays for Plants Vs Zombies COD. The reanimated corpse of Pele. <<<Skimmable
Ubisoft - Aisher Tyler. Couple of pretty cool looking games. <<<Skimmable
Bethesda - Doom 4 is loving awesome! Dishonoured 2 - British Spelling Edition! Fallout 4 featuring SourceForts! Not Hearthstone (gently caress you Mojang for making a game called Scrolls) <<<Watchable
Sony - All the poo poo you thought was cancelled? UNCANCELLED! FF7 REMADE! <<<Watchable

Nintendo World Championships - Skip to 3hr 30min mark and get your mind blown about how insane and awesome Super Mario Maker is. :swoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9H8VcU21j4

I haven't watchd the Microsoft conference yet, but I heard it's bland.

Sony is pretty much winning the hype train at this point so I made this in anticipation for tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6RQ6-nJu20

Nintendo got their NWC out of the way and a Smash Direct as well. So tonight is pretty much going to be back to back awesome.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its so weird to think of E3 as actually being good again.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Oh, I just realized I completely missed the Ubisoft conference. Did anything good get announced? Was it as much of a trainwreck as usual?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

doom 4 was not awesome. but did they really change dishonored from the american spelling to the english one?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

What's the most awkward moment for the show this year? I missed the Ubisoft presentation, but to me it's been the Oculus guy coming onstage at their event out of breath trying to hype the crowd.

Or maybe all the weird eye contact and the where-do-my-hands-go moments after the Best Buy World Championships were over.

Maybe it's just me, but the guy doing the No Man's Sky demo did a really loving lovely job of selling the game.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo got their NWC out of the way and a Smash Direct as well. So tonight is pretty much going to be back to back awesome.

Also got most of their 3ds stuff out of the way in a Direct last week so we should see a bunch of cool Wii U things.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

arcsig posted:

Oh, I just realized I completely missed the Ubisoft conference. Did anything good get announced? Was it as much of a trainwreck as usual?

More rear end, more creed, more games no one really gives a poo poo about but still is successful by and large. So you didn't miss anything.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

arcsig posted:

Remember like five (?) years ago that awkward Pele/James Cameron conference? Statistically this was about half of that.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Maybe it's just me, but the guy doing the No Man's Sky demo did a really loving lovely job of selling the game.

I think he was trying not to say, "it's like that part is Spore that you got bored of and walked away from..."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The most "awkward" moment was the Divisions "gamer" talk and if you think any differently you are a goober.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Davincie posted:

doom 4 was not awesome. but did they really change dishonored from the american spelling to the english one?

Doom 4 is awesome because it has fast gameplay, no space closets, and Snapmap Map Editor. It looks fun, but it is the King of Generic Shooters having invented the genre in the first place.

No, I'm Australian so I spell everything the correct way. So it's Dishonoured.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's weird that the guy making No Man's Sky is the guy that made Joe Danger

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

hemale in pain posted:

Robots looked super cool but the main character narrating everything sucked and something about it just feels off.

It seemed super design by committee, like they had a bunch of check boxes to impress journalists.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

He claims he just picked a random solar system and planet without rehearsing at all but I don't know how true that is. The game still looks interesting to me though, I just hope the gameplay is actually fun outside of the procedurally generated universe gimmick.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

No, I'm Australian so I spell everything the correct way. So it's Dishonoured.

The fact that they named Corveaux KORVO or something pretty much signified the death of spelling in that game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gravy Jones posted:

They have several hundred platform exclusives to choose from.... but I'm guessing a lot of arena shooters and mobas

Are tower defenses and Metroidvanias out of style or something?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

Robots looked super cool but the main character narrating everything sucked and something about it just feels off.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the narration frequency was turned up just for the E3 demonstration so everyone could get a sense that the protagonist has ~character~ or something.

(At least, I hope so, because narration that frequent about mundane stuff would get really old, really quickly. Bastion narration this ain't.)

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I want to know just how much MS had to pay Nintendo to let them put NES and N64 games on the Bone.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
the new rear end creed makes me want to watch peaky blinders again

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just a reminder, this will be in HD

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No man's sky looks like a boring FPS Spore MMO, with limitless amounts of bland procedurally generated planets and creatures. Wow on this planet the grass is orange! There are infinite planets where the terrain is a little different!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

mr.capps posted:

The most "awkward" moment was the Divisions "gamer" talk and if you think any differently you are a goober.
It was an improvement over the last time they tried it and were 100% roleplaying. That game has a long way to go, but it's still holding my attention. That forced meme cosplay actually made me look away from the screen until it was over, though. drat.

Anyway, if you ignore all of the show-related stuff and actually look at the games, Ubisoft did pretty well overall. Their Tom Clancy catalog looks better than has in years (Siege looks really cool and The Division has potential if it ever comes out), especially with the new Ghost Recon coming out of nowhere and potentially taking a page from Mercenaries.

And South Park!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

inSTAALed posted:

the new rear end creed makes me want to watch peaky blinders again

That trailer should have just went and used Red Right Hand and the Hitman trailer should have used Karen O's cover of Immigrant Song because that was clearly inspired by the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

greatn posted:

No man's sky looks like a boring FPS Spore MMO, with limitless amounts of bland procedurally generated planets and creatures. Wow on this planet the grass is orange! There are infinite planets where the terrain is a little different!

the more I see of it the more I think it's going to be the new Spore. like, it's elite dangerous but with nothing to loving do

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Hoping they keep the original FF7 translation and grainy-rear end cutscenes for camp purposes

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

mr.capps posted:

loot loot LOOT loot! loot??? loot!!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I kind of hope they do a new translation, but leave a toggle so that you can have the subtitles be the old one.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Grey Fox posted:

Anyway, if you ignore all of the show-related stuff and actually look at the games, Ubisoft did pretty well overall. Their Tom Clancy catalog looks better than has in years (Siege looks really cool and The Division has potential if it ever comes out), especially with the new Ghost Recon coming out of nowhere and potentially taking a page from Mercenaries.

Yeah those all did looked fun. But man those game's politics seem to be getting even more disgusting instead of toning down like you expect with Clancy being dead.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

mr.capps posted:

I don't know, "up your swag" was pretty awkward too.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Not a Children posted:

Hoping they keep the original FF7 translation and grainy-rear end cutscenes for camp purposes

plots gonna be reworked to fit in broody miseryguts cloud a la the expanded universe

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

inSTAALed posted:

loot loot LOOT loot! loot??? loot!!!

i really wanted a dramatic zoom in on the "leave party?" prompt and some sad music to play

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Topkill posted:

Super Mario RPG 2. My inner 12 year old will always want this to happen.

The Square and Nintendo conferences overlap because they fuse into one at 1 pm EST. Suddenly, Geno burst through your screen and uses Geno Whirl, causing 9999 damage on your dog and blowing up your toaster. Confetti flies everywhere. A tearful Iwata-san leans out of your TV and whispers slowly into your ear, "Supaa Mario Ahh-Pee-Gee Tsuuu"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

plots gonna be reworked to fit in broody miseryguts cloud a la the expanded universe

If they do this, I want them to go all the way and just loving make Vincent the main character

• Locked thread