Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 0/5 Conditions

Well shoot this is some honest to god news. Frankly it feels a bit out of my league. Still it's interesting. A silent gun is a novel idea. I have a few theories on how it could be done myself. And one of them involves technology! So I'll probably print that one. I don't think there are any Djinn to provide smokeless fire in these here parts. I'm not going to dig too deep I think. This sort of poking around is for armed gentlemen like a Sheriff. Maybe I should start packing for my own good. That awful Mr. Zebub is back in town on that matter. He might cause trouble for me. He certainly promised to. Worse yet Beth has been talking about him all day. She wants to spend some time with a rugged "dangerous" man. Air quotes dangerous of course. We're not talking about Garcia. Ugh, what's so good about that boring horse's rear end? I just tell Beth I'll have to think on it. He's not going to be convinced spending time with her will keep me off his back. If anything it'd be a good story. Except not really it's pretty boring. S'pose she could just imply she's looking to hire him? Probably too cliche. Now isn't exactly the mood to be trying to set up a booty call anyway.

I just impatiently tap my pen onto my notepad and scan the crowd for someone who could give me some inspiration for this.

quote:

Look: Sleek, sharp eyes
Orgin: Walked the unseen path

Hot 2 cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1

Moves:

Silver Tongue: When someone is being foolish or in trouble give them advice. If they don't follow it give them a string. if they follow it and wish they didn't or vise versa take two strings and they mark experience.

Fox and Crane: When you embarrass someone publicly give them a condition and a string. If your own trick is turned on you mark experience.

Firestarter: Add 1 to your roll to turn someone on if you advances are scandalous or transgressive.

Sex Move: ask them if it was for real or fun. If real laugh at them and take a string. If for fun give two strings and mark experience.

Darkest self: Come up with the nastiest most devious convoluted trick possible. Frame others and be petty. Escape your darkest self when the trick is pulled off or when you realize you're being fooled.

backstory: someone trusts your wisdom take a string on them. You embarrassed someone publicaly, give them a condition and two strings.

Advances:

Be the Moon: when you create a huge scene Run Away with Hot. Replace make a huge scene with "someone there becomes obsessed with you"

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harm 0/4 XP 1/5 Conditions

Oh lord here we go. I'm not up for a hasslin' over some kerfuffle I ain't even lookin in. When he's in ear range I just declare to Beth, "And I heard they used a potato digger on the striker's camp." I snuck her a wink and she took the bait.
"My word Maple, you believe the wildest rubbish. There is no possible way a upstanding organization would allow that. Don't fill my head with anymore of that nonsense." She shooed me off and pretended to huff in Zebub's direction.

Free of the nuisance, hopefully, I scan for my own quarry. After all I need to be ever vigilant as a ace journalist. 'suppose I should get a few facts bout the incident straight. And if not the James boy is always good for gossip or a laugh. With the right poking and prodding. I sneak up to him then shout, "James! Want to give an exclusive interview?" I waggle my eyebrows at him, give him the ol sugar. He looks like he wants the excuse to head anywhere regardless.

Turn on 9 xp for hot

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

'suppose I could take to city slicker watchin if it ever gets too boring round here parts. Folks out here age like milk after all, so I get an eyeful while the lookin's good. 'course I catch myself and look down at my blank notes. My wild eyes when something holds promise can put people on edge. I don't want to scare him away with a predatory stare. Not 'till I get suthin good, 'least.

"Well shoot any's good for me, whatever makes you comfortable. Figger the lawmen are hasslin' you. But I don't want to scare ye into making any mistake. I don't need to fill a cell after all." I grin back, I sure don't just gotta fill some pages. "In fact if anything better happens this whole misfortune won't even make the paper."

Promising what she thinks he wants, a sympathetic ear to tell his side of the story.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Mmhmm mmhmm," I nod and not really pay attention. This is nothing the gossipers hadn't already let me know. "Was Sean even staying at your place? 'suppose so if your mother is so riled up by this. Had he been acting strangely lately? Infact has anything out of the ordinary happened with your guests lately?" Come on James, give me something. Some guy died isn't even news out here. Shoot, none of us heard of Polly Crackers' parents biting it until she stumbled back into town.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Ah now we're talking." I scribble a few notes. Suppose I'll hassle the boy's father later. Jus the suggestion should spice things up enough. Then ol paps comes over and mentions a name. Um. Hmmm. Emmeline. Give me a minute. Can't be that interesting I know all the all stars of my paper. "Oh! Eager Eyes Emmeline!" I blurt out and laugh. "We had such a confusion this one time. Both of us completely misunderstood what the other wanted." Luckily there was plenty other to print that week. "So." I clear my throat and look away as I forget that foolishness. "Sounds like ye got plans. If that's all you know I'll snoop around elsewhere."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"I only print the truth good sir." I pull his hand off me. I may skip boring details but really I don't make things up. Speculation is clearly presented as such. I understand some people not appreciating my theories why the good Mrs. Worthy was seeing the doctor after regular business hours. But there was much more scandalous things I could have printed. I believe it was charitable to guess that she wanted to hide a rash. "...And some speculation clearly identified as such. but mostly the truth!" I huffed and walked away from him. I didn't feel like debating journalistic ethics right now. I had a scoop to chase.

I went to the alleyway where it happened and started sniffing. It was a hassle when my unseen parts got caught on something but having canine qualities had its ups too. Surely there was some clue on how James didn't hear the gunshots.

Gaze 13 uh carry 1 forward and vivid I guess. "Why didn't James hear the shots"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Looks like my hunch was correct, I reckon. A bit of a curse. Well I'll have to find the contraption what did this, or the trick. It'd be mighty useful and I'd hate for it to fall into hands that might abuse it. ...

Well it's nice that Pierre is getting lady attention. Maybe he'll stop bugging me about the things in my home he saw through the window. I don't let people in my home because I don't want to have to explain Shameimaru's gifts. Worse yet he came around once when master paid a visit. She was thanking me for an entertaining issue. Shameimaru knows all my weak points and reaches them all at once. Under my chin, behind my neck, rubbing my belly... ahem I really feel embarrassed when I think about it. Needless to say I was indisposed when Pierre came knocking on my door. I managed to get my glamor back up but not my composure. He quickly excused himself getting the wrong idea. 'suppose that's better than him getting the right idea.

Spicy Serena catches my eye with her shadows in tow. This gon' be good. I want to give Jemma some tips for more exciting outcomes but it's just so drat funny to watch those two flounder around each other. I just waltz in the saloon as usual. And wouldn't you know it, some honest to god news happens. Maybe I really should arm myself. I start scribbling notes as I peek from around the corner.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I hurry back down before Serena bumps into me and I'd be due for some lumps. I find an empty table and order a drink. I get a suspicious glare when I try to act like a normal patron, it usually means I'm trying to cover up some trouble I caused. It always causes me to grin which doesn't help my case. Serena comes down before its determined to be safe to let me have my drink. I wave her over with my charming mischievous grin. "Having fun this early in the morning? Me too. Need to put away the dour mood of a funeral, yeah?"

Turn on 9

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Oh yes yes. I prefer human interest stories, like loooove." I bat my eyelashes and hold my hands together. Jemma seems to take my melodrama at face value and enthusiastically agrees. I only half suppress my snort when she eyes Serena after that. Good ol' Jemma, dim as a dog. She's so fun. I think I'll have some move fun with her. I scribble a note. My Spanish isn't as good as Serena's but when you learn the Fair Tongue everything is an easy follow up. I've been practicing a few different tongues so I can start working on world news. Jemma wouldn't know the difference. So a note apologizing for nearly breaking the lock 'too much to drink and had to see you' keeping appearances blah blah blah. Serena's curt no nonsense manner is easy to replicate. And I sneak the note under the table onto Jemma's lap. This gon' be good.

Hold steady 8 Keep my cool and do the thing

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 XP 1/5 Conditions Nosy

Hook line and sinker. The two make a fun couple. then Serena tries to give me the business. Sure it makes me feel not wanted but shoot I'm used to that. "A muckraker always needs her ear to the ground." My second ears twitch, not that anyone can see them. "Sometimes I just wander and see if a story comes to me. Am I making you nervous?" My face twists into a disgusting grin. "My oh my Miss Ortega why ever so would you not want a journalist around? Do you have something to lose from the truth being spread?"

tagging hiding something

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Alright alright. No reason to give myself so much trouble this early in the mornin. I'll be seeing you around then. After all I could never miss the sight of-" I looked to Jemma "-such a big... strong... woman." I cackled and skipped out of the saloon.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

There was one lead I could follow on whodunit. But I'd need to ask around the Saloon more and that wasn't happening right now. The girls new all about anyone who wasn't monogamous in town, after all the place had a monopoly or drat near one. So that left looking into the powderless gun. The prospects for that was even worse. Sassafras knew all sorts of weird stuff. But I couldn't ask him directly. Zebub knew a lot about weapons, he gave me the 'from Bleeding Kansas to Gettysburg' speech twice now. Honestly he should just get into that mess boiling up over in Europe, the man doesn't seem comfortable if he isn't looking for a target. If Beth had any luck maybe I could use her. I'm sure she would appreciate me not printing her infatuations extending beyond her husband.

I headed back to the dying down gathering. Heh, dying. The whole thing was cooling down along with the body. I scanned the crowd to see if Beth was still around.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I had a lot of good starts of stories. And that's what really was the money maker. Something juicy to follow up on next issue. Mystery is always the most compelling. And the readers always have more interesting ideas of what is really happening than what is really happening. So I figured I'd snoop for a bit more trails and follow the one with the most promise when I ran out candidates. I kept the good Mrs Temple in the corner of my eye whenever i could. She was only ever in the paper with *ahem* assistance by me. Like when I sent Jemma her way. One of these days she's going to slip up and it's going to be solid gold. I saw her scoot off after chatting up the drunk. And my nose tingled. I smelled a scoop!

I followed after her. She ended up heading to the undertaker. Oh boy. What interest does she have in the body? Was she involved? I giggle and scribble notes as I think of the possibilities.

hold steady 5 sneaky giggles

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I jumped and dropped my pencil. "Oh my, Polly. You sure scared me. I was just absorbed in sniffing out a good lead." I whisper to her, "Why would the good Mrs. Temple be interested in the body, huh? Well I reckon I want to know." I grin. "Well what are you doing here anyway? Did the hootenanny die already?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"James?" I bend down to pick up my pen, then have the sense to squat down when I remember there's a person behind me. "He's alright I reckon. But a bit boring." I grin. "You agree boys can be boring, don't you? You're always in Mrs Temple's shadow, know any dirt on her?"

Turn on. 2+4 from sapphic and firestarter. SIGH. Spending string to make it 7

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 30, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Sure sure, that's great." I lean in and rest my elbow on her shoulder. "Yeah yeah, married. Ever met Mr. Temple?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Oh hmm yes. A likely story. So why is he definitely existing all the way over yonder?" I laugh. "Oh forget that stick in the mud anyway. She just won't admit how to have a good time, right? Why do you follow a kill joy like her anyway." I flash a predatory grin. "Now with me it's always excitement." I lift my elbow and wrap my arm around Polly's shoulder. It would sure burn Abigail good to have her little pet follow me I'm sure.

turn on 3+4 these rolls.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 XP 1/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

"Wrong? Miss Polly I have no idea what you're talking about? My my, what conclusions are you jumping to?" I cackle. "Something on your mind?"

Then Adam snatched my notebook. What a rude thing to do. I swipe at it to take it back. "Hey I need that more my work!" I don't want him reading that. I make reference to Shameimaru in there and I don't want to have to explain her. Oh no that's also the notebook I scribbled some poems in I really don't want him looking at it. I drat near tackle him trying to get it back.

A few of those poems are for Shameimaru. Her affection is always so intense, I feel silly just thinking about it. Course it's not like we're an item or anything. I haven't broken the seal with anyone 'suppose you could say. I was bit amorous with others that became animals in Shameimaru's realm but that was a means to an end. So was all my flirtin here too. I haven't gotten farther than a kiss, but I made up for it in quantity.

Polly gets projecting

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 XP 2/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

Well well looks like James found himself a lady friend. More like had one found for him by the looks it. Polly said he was keen on me. And he does wave at me despite his lady friend. Well any journalist worth her salt independently confirms her information. I saunter up, figuring I'd have some fun after the sour end to the morning. "Well howdy James. Emmeline. James I just wanted you to know the story is coming along just fine. Maybe you can help me finish it? I could use a special interview when you're free."

turn on 7 moving in on someone else's turf

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 XP 3/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

I pull a chair up and sit down with a big grin. "Well alright, if I don't need a do a formal interview right now should be fine. I wanted to follow up on some rumors about the victim, speaking of rumors." I try not to look too excited at the sudden topic of conversation. Don't want to spook them out of continuing.

Speaking of rumors, still, Emmeline doesn't have too many following around herself. Oh sure she gives everyone the look but apparently that's just how she looks at people. A shame I could have had more fun with her if she was actually as interested as she seemed. I go through my notes to see if I have anything on her.

gaze Whats the deal with Emmeline 4

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

It does seem dull despite everything. Maybe Jemma will pan out and I can have some fun, even if it has to be at her expense. Then I catch a glimpse of... something I'll need to be extra sure of somehow. I'll need to uh... take a closer look at Emmaline sometime. When I stop gawkin I remember the question.

"Well yeah yeah lots a rumors and even without me fanning the flames. And I figger it's a jilted lover. Not the Mrs. of the victim, mind you. How it was done is the real mystery though. No gun powder near the body. And quite a few shots for long range. I don't reckon anyone has a Gatling 'round here. And pushin' bullets into him is jus plain silly. Maybe sum sorta powderless gun? My my, it is an interesting mystery." I put my pencil to my chin.

"You sure you don't know who the victim was seein?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Figure it's okay to give credit where it's due. I'll just skip the details like I was a dog. "Oh I owe it to my muse Sh-" My canine ears twitch. "A scoop!" I knock my chair over getting out of it in my rush.

I get there just in time to see the man gunned down. The hard rear end just saved the señoritas from a big scary man. I flap my hands and squeal. What a story! I knew she had a hidden soft spot. Shameimaru loves stories like this. If it turns out she's charmed by someone and a complete role reversal I'm going to get so much petting for this scoop.

drat I wish I could have an instant camera for moments like this.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"They sure are now!" I laugh as the gun fight plays out in its haphazard glory. "Couldn't tell ya what caused it. I'll need to conduct an interview!" I grin from ear to ear.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I whip around to smile at James. "Serena doesn't seem inclined to give an interview at the moment. What was it you wanted to tell me?" I take him by the hand and lead him back into the hotel.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Shucks I almost blush a bit. No one's really been impressed by my work like that before. I hug her back and giggle in joy. "My my. Jus' a kerfuffle between Serena and sum bounty hunters by the lookit. 'Course I'm not sure. No one gives me a straight answer the first time I ask. It's really frustrating." I grin at James, hopefully he gets I'm agreein. After all its a bit of the truth.

Turn on Emmeline 9

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh scary scary. Seems some of my fans are here. "Aw sucks sir. I haven't tried to liven up the town since I done tar'd n' feather'd m'self," I lied. I wonder what ol' Brad is doing here. He hasn't been 'round me lately since I reported on the fallout of his gambling habits. He sold off his wife's best dresses. Like she wouldn't have found out without me. Since I made it mighty quick and dramatic. She sure was steamed to learn it with the whole town before any of the ladies had the poor sense to wear the dresses around town. I think it was the saloon girls if I recall. At least that would have been smartest, most women don't see much of them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"P-pardon? What are the charges?! Rounding up investigators while there's been a murder? You are one to talk about suspicion!" I let myself be dragged. I'm not going to win a kerfuffle with Brad. Besides resisting arrest only paints me as guilty of whatever myth they're conjuring up.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 XP 4/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

This is going to be my best issue yet! I didn't even have room to speculate on who the killer was with my breaking down on how it might have happened. Who the killer is in next issue. I have a nickle on a Girandoni air rifle with old man Sassafras. The second story is about the dep Mayor's skull drudgery with me, and Jame's heroically standing up for me. But the real juicy bit is Jemma's seduction into a life of crime. Boy howdy it's like one of them dime novels. I even gave it the headline, despite only getting half a page. Seduction of the Innocent. Nevermind that Jemma's life was just a different crime. In the Shameimaru special issue at my place I explain the note I left her.

I got my stack of papers (single sheet double sided) at the tent ready to hock 'em where the crowd is. Yes yes, I never miss a Sunday.

pre:
         [DOC ]

[    ][    ][    ][Bella]
[    ][    ][    ][    ]
[    ][    ][    ][    ]
[    ][Maple][    ][    ]

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 17, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Of course of course!" I hand James his copy in exchange for his nickle. I snicker at Serena looking nice for her date while I do. Honestly this is too perfect.

Lil miss Polly is sittin next to me fer a change and I've been trying to figger why. "What's the matter Polly? You look down. Anyway I can help?" I grin.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"What?" I blurt out. "The sin of the city was that they lacked hospitality for their two celestial guests." I don't declare it as an answer to the question so I don't really pay any mind to who heard me. I notice Polly looking even worse. "Aw Polly it sure don't look like nothing. Let me help."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 XP 5/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

Well well. Something's really eating Polly. Well I won't let it escape me whatever it is. "Oh my my, dear Polly is the heat getting to you?" I fan my hand at her forehead. "Let's get you out of this stuffy tent." I practically shove her outside with me. Once we're clear of prying eyes my feigned concern goes back to my predatory grin. "Now what's the matter Polly? You know I can't stand known unknowns. We can do this the easy way." I take her hand and press close to her. "Or I'm prepared to work for it. So what's the scoop, girl?"

turn on, firestarter shapphic 7 polly is a tough nut to crack

Taking Be The Moon

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 21, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I giggle in joy, secret love is always the best scoop. "Well, well how did she react? And don't worry I won't spoil it for you with print."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Oh oh! You should run away and elope! I know a place where no one could find you." Shameimaru would be so pleased if I brought her a pair as interesting as Polly and Abigail. I rub my mouth to hide my drooling from thinking about the reward.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"My place!" I grin. "Well the place I lived at before I moved into town is the most secure. The person who got me into journalism lives there. She's such a great person. Smart, funny, nice. She took really good care of me while I was there. I still send her issues of my paper." I don't realize the goofy smile I have gushing over Shameimaru.

offering advice, lay low in the faerealm vaguely described place

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"There she is! Want give her the escape plan yourself? Only a bit of time until everyone forgets. I'll brew up some scandal so they all forget. Can't have my human interest pieces drying up." I wink at Polly. "I only spent a week there, sort of."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 XP 0/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

Well well. Abigail is married to some sort of demon I suppose. And Polly redefines stubbornness. 'Course everyone knows ghosts stay because of a grudge. She's too nice for it to be on a conscious level I suppose. But blood begets blood as they say. But Mrs. Temple sure has a choice description of her circumstances. Her betrothed almost sounds like something like Shameimaru, with a poor sense of humor mind you. I'd very much like to meet such a creature, to satisfy my intellectual cravings. This'll make thing's easy, by golly. I was a bit nervous 'bout 'splainin' Shameimaru to them. But since they already know about inhuman folks that'll make this a whole lot easier. 'Course I should have worried about that before I presented the idea but I know those two will provide some excitement for Shameimaru. And she can just reverse the tep-temporal disruption thing and make their short visit buy them a few days. Opposite what happened with me with my week long dog's age. At least I think she can do something like that. Something close enough I know for sure. Eitherway I know it's going to be worth and she'll be mighty pleased with me.

I grin and pass through Polly. "Quit yer dawdling! I want you to meet the person who got me into journalism. She'll get a hoot outta both of ye."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Well 'scuse me. Just trying to push you forward. 'Suppose I'll meet you there then.". I skipped down to my house in view. I pick up the flaming joy from my fireplace and whisper to it, " Shameimaru, Shameimaru! I have big news! I have two guests who would visit you."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I'm really excited about my friends visiting Shameimaru. Oh oh I know they were so impressed with her splendor. I hope they pay the toll soon and Shameimaru tells me everything of their adventure on the other side. Otherwise it's been rather dull. I over heard the banker complaining about men something something his wife. What's his name. It's in my notes... So the banker doesn't want men looking at his wife. Soes I tell him he needs to take that up with his wife not get in a kerfuffle over her. Looking fer trouble over a woman only ever gets you the trouble. 'Course he already has the woman so why take the trouble. Just have her set boundaries. Sure it was good honest advice but I'm keepin an eye on him for when he fucks it up and her black eye ends up on my front page. Sorry misses.

James snaps me out of my thought. "Hmm, hmm? Oh yes, yes. I introduced them to someone to help them with some trouble they've stumbled into."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"They might want a room in the future." I laugh. "I don't want any of my readers skipping town. Not when they're interesting."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Sure why not?" I shrug. "I'm not going with anyone else."

• Locked thread