Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BBG: Watch me count to 1000! 1, 5 skip a few 1000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

5 is my favorite.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I believe X-2 is my favorite e

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
hmm nice but i could do you one better
9>5>6>7>10>4>2>1>Chocobo Racing>8
any after 10 not worth playing although i havent played 3 which ive heard is good

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

starbarry clock posted:

hmm nice but i could do you one better
9>5>6>7>10>4>2>1>Chocobo Racing>8
any after 10 not worth playing although i havent played 3 which ive heard is good

The wrongest list

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Trying to rank the Final Fantasies is a very Games thing to do. Just play them, and enjoy some, and not others, and it's okay.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Trying to rank the Final Fantasies is a very Games thing to do. Just play them, and enjoy some, and not others, and it's okay.

Nice to see you have a grasp on what's "Games" and what isn't

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Nice to see you have a grasp on what's "Games" and what isn't
I am a journalist, it's my job to understand things even if I don't like them.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
youre both really freaking stupid ! ! !

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

starbarry clock posted:

youre both really freaking stupid ! ! !
Yeah but so what, this is the video game forum, not the reading books and going to class forum!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
College maked me smart

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

College maked me smart

Nice. I just played video games the whole time

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I love video games

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
8 is the most broken game in the series and if you like broken games you'll like it.

except it gets old pretty fast.

TacoTime
Jun 16, 2015

yeah.
8 is maybe my least favorite final fantasy of the ones that I have played, but I don't think 6$ is too much to see what it's about.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

no way. the tier list is thye only way you can really know a person

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

yes

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

I.N.R.I posted:

no way. the tier list is thye only way you can really know a person

I judge people based on the layout of the Sphere Grid for Tidus.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Givin posted:

I judge people based on the layout of the Sphere Grid for Tidus.

expert, standard, or original

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Ignore all the boring poo poo posts in this thread OP. Oh hai, it r babby's first troll time nao :iamafag: . No, just...No. Final Fantasy 8 is actually quite deece - it expands on the quality of the CGI cutscenes from FF7 and has a unique aesthetic. However, and this is just my personal opinion, the leveling system is inherently broken and not at all fun, and the script feels like it was written by 12 different people. Triple Triad is fun (probably the best FF mini game, and it's persistent across continents which is awesomesauce) and there's some A+ girls in the game. I would personally say it's a Soft 7, and a Pass from this gamer. friend of the family.

you can just play the game normally because it's easy and you don't have to grind and the level scaling never affects anything.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
you jave to remember to draw gfs from the monster on the communication tower (siren), one of the lizard lion statue thingys (carbuncle), the guy in the bog robot suit (leviathan), the woman in balamb hotel (pandemona), the woman in the auditorium (alexander) and the super secret boss (eden)

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
see how i deftly avoided all the spoilers

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Balamb Garden music ftw

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the Balamb Garden music was playing in my head on the last day at Uwajima Fishery High School

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Only a chicken-wuss wouldn't buy FF8.

Evil Eagle posted:

5 is my favorite.

Same. I loved getting every class maxed out and steamrolling everything.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
8 is ok with you putting any amount of effort into it, whether it is running away from every fight or using cards to get lionheart on disc 1

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i like getting the full card collection though i was even worse of a personwhen i was 17 so never did a run where i didnt turn all the rare cards into game breaking gear before getting onto disc 4.so all of disc 4 was easy as poo poo, if i remember rightly
if i play it again i'll get the cards but not card mod them, but i doubt i'll play it again

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

5 is my favorite.

Same.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Doctor Goat posted:

8 is ok with you putting any amount of effort into it, whether it is running away from every fight or using cards to get lionheart on disc 1

I spent one day many summers ago when it was released on PS3 and was very proud of myself.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

5 is my favorite.

every1 sleeps on 5 but its really good

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

final fantasy 8 is weird in that on the one hand, you got all these options to make the game super easy, but on the other hand the most memorable line out of this game's very long script is "I WILL NOT HAVE ANYONE TALKING ABOUT ME IN THE PAST TENSE"

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ZXp_5M_7c

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
yeesh. only twelve hours left on this steam sale and i feel like i'm no closer to making a definitive purchasing decision at all. hmm.

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp

apropos to nothing posted:

the storyline is forgettable

interestingly, i realize that i've forgotten all of the storylines of every final fantasy i ever played

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
final fantasy six. the world is a world of technology. magic is gone. a magical fossil is found, which turns into a person (??). now, you are that person (??). you meet a thief, and a boxer, and a king; possibly, another king wants to kill that king, and he poisons the water. the civil war is mooted when Kefka destroys the world. you reunite the gang and defeat kefka. there is an opera; there is a ghost train; their is a tiny child named relm. there is a white water rafting trip. how do they fit together? I do not know.

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
final fantasy ten. the world is a world of technology, except that then you go back in time, to a world which is a world of magic. I actually remember this one pretty good. you meet a lady whose quest it is to kill an evil monster, who comes back every couple years to kill everyone, which is why there is no technology (but then why is there people??). anyway the monster is your dad, because the monster is the person who tried to kill it last time. the bad guy slaughters the village of wookies and then you find out that actually you didn't come from the future, but a dream. your gf defeats your dad but you die too. there's a sick makeout scene and a cool part where you fall in a gorge

A tomato
Aug 16, 2014

by Ralp
I don;t have anything more than fever dream memories of final fantasy seven, but you're a super badass chemically engineer soldier, who meets some terrorists, and then leaves the city..... there's a beach town. later you find out you're not a cool soldier at all but actually a little punk soldier. sephiroth IS a cool soldier though? i remember a thing with piano music playing where I was supposed to learn the terrible truth, but I was twelve and didn't get it. the cat is a really good and the cat's town is great. there's a haunted house which is weird and you beat the game in a crater. in the last fight the graphics are REALLY good and I didn't get why the graphics weren't that good for the whole game

Dec 26, 2012

i didnt read almost any of what you just posted but buy it you cheap gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

i didnt read almost any of what you just posted but buy it you cheap gently caress

• Locked thread