Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]
JonTerp + sa jam team I think you've done great with this jam, you've taken feedback well, setup some good infrastructure and your vision for this thing going forward sounds like a good direction. Thanks for your thankless task. Roll on SAGDCX Chrimbo-Jam 2015 !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Lutha Mahtin posted:

holy loly whose beautiful voice(s) am i hearing on the wall of shame?

Holy loly is right--this is a thing of beauty. Who is responsible for this?? 'Fess up!!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
So today I found Slide, Crash, Bounce re-hosted on some Brazilian browser games website. :cool: This means I'm famous now, right?

And someone on youtube made a video about the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axf04GZihY0

Arachne posted:

If it counts, I started working on a game with a chess board on the 16th. My first two commits on the 17th were "Blergh" followed by "New game". Credit goes to Tann for the omission idea that later turned into Ches.

I'll count it.

Afal
Sep 4, 2012

"Tubular! Catch you on the flip side!"
Ok more reviews:

Catch A Fish

Things I liked:
  • Ridiculous Fishing but with less machine guns
  • Nice happy music
  • I can catch more than one fish!!!

Things I didn't like:
  • Apparently I didn't need $16 to beat the game I could have just gotten to the end straight away? (intentional?)
  • After playing it once I don't want to play it again
  • I can catch more than one fish but only one turns up when it comes to the "catch" screen? boooooooo

Stars Awarded For:
  • Style (Does the game look good?): Nice cute art. Some bits look better than others (possibly because some bits were rushed?)
  • Control (Does the game control well?): As someone who's been there: arrow keys + mouse are a really bad combination. despite this, the game is still playable and enjoyable
  • Damage (Is the critical omission clear?): Missing net! Missing Store logic!
  • Agression (Is the game well polished?): I would have had some sounds when you click the fish to get the coins or something?
  • Bonus (Does the game fit any of my bounties?): This was a nice little game and right now I've realised that I have no way of properly judging whether a game was "overscoped".

Final Score: 2.5 out of 5 stars

VectoRocket

Things I liked:
  • My High Score was 11637
  • I think it was that because it didn't save it when I went to run it a second time
  • Making the spaceships explode was fun

Things I didn't like:
  • This game is a lot harder if you don't realise that the way you should play it is holding the up and right key
  • In fact this game isn't that fun if you don't do goofy tactics like that
  • The explosions could also be bigger

Stars Awarded For:
  • Style (Does the game look good?): Like the retro style. Thumbs up here.
  • Control (Does the game control well?): My up and right key liked this game
  • Damage (Is the critical omission clear?): No shooting
  • Agression (Is the game well polished?): Yeah it's pretty neat. Wish it saved my high score though :(
  • Bonus (Does the game fit any of my bounties?): No

Final Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars

HYPERKOZMO

Things I liked:
  • Holy poo poo this looks polished as gently caress
  • Explosions
  • Screenshake?????

Things I didn't like:
  • This game is hard
  • I beat the first act(?) but that's it
  • gently caress combos

Stars Awarded For:
  • Style (Does the game look good?): Oh man. Oh man
  • Control (Does the game control well?): I've had it not charge up when I was holding the mouse button down but other than that???
  • Damage (Is the critical omission clear?): No guns
  • Agression (Is the game well polished?): umm
  • Bonus (Does the game fit any of my bounties?): Screenshake

Final Score: 4 out of 5 stars

Go Fish!

Things I liked:
  • Hmm a fish racing game I don't see what could possibly go wr-
  • -ong OH MY GOD. FLIPPING HECK.
  • Well played

Things I didn't like:
  • Is this game even possible?
  • gently caress the skull and gently caress that ship. Especially when they gently caress up your angles

Stars Awarded For:
  • Style (Does the game look good?): It looked great and I thought the fish was pretty cute (until... things happened :()
  • Control (Does the game control well?): Angles are hosed when you jump on the skull or the ship. The ship the worst boss of the first level
  • Damage (Is the critical omission clear?): Oh it's clear buddy
  • Agression (Is the game well polished?): Pretty good
  • Bonus (Does the game fit any of my bounties?): No?

Final Score: 3 out of 5 stars

Slide, Crash, Bounce

Things I liked:
  • Bouncy Car
  • This

Things I didn't like:
  • The score doesn't reset when you retry to do the race mode. It just keeps adding up to your score
  • Do I have to have that intro every time I go back to the main menu?

Stars Awarded For:
  • Style (Does the game look good?): Looks pretty neat!
  • Control (Does the game control well?): The controls are terrible, but that's half the fun
  • Damage (Is the critical omission clear?): Yes
  • Agression (Is the game well polished?): Yeah, I'd say
  • Bonus (Does the game fit any of my bounties?): ermm

Super Turbo Voynich Manuscript

Things I liked:
  • What
  • The
  • Christ

Things I didn't like:
  • Did
  • I
  • Play?

Stars Awarded For:
  • Style (Does the game look good?): In all my years of taking part in SAGDC this is the most goony game I've ever played
  • Control (Does the game control well?): was a bit weird when the (mostly) mouse driven game suddenly switched to arrow keys but other than that it worked pretty well
  • Damage (Is the critical omission clear?): Making sense.
  • Agression (Is the game well polished?): I'm going to have to play this again to find everything aren't I?
  • Bonus (Does the game fit any of my bounties?): It would fit the "so bad it's good" but I think it's "too good to be bad"

---

Xibanya posted:

I was reading Afal's posts to see if he'd reviewed Slam Fighter II yet (review Slam Fighter II, Afal!)

I've downloaded it and I'm trying to run it but it won't run :( (I double click the application and nothing happens???). idk if it has anything to do with the fact that my computer decided it needed to upgrade to windows 10 or what.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Afal posted:

I've downloaded it and I'm trying to run it but it won't run :( (I double click the application and nothing happens???). idk if it has anything to do with the fact that my computer decided it needed to upgrade to windows 10 or what.

Have you installed XNA 4.0? They say right in their instructions that you must have the XNA 4.0 redistributable.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Afal posted:

Slide, Crash, Bounce

[...]

Things I didn't like:
  • The score doesn't reset when you retry to do the race mode. It just keeps adding up to your score
  • Do I have to have that intro every time I go back to the main menu?

[...]

Well that's a bad bug. Motivated me to get off my butt and update the game. I fixed it so that the counter should reset properly, and added a restart/retry button to the pause and game over menus.

Main menu still has the intro, but that's skippable by hitting any button. Might still want to do something about that, but it can wait until I do my next round of tweaks later.

Anyway, thanks for playing and reviewing it, and extra thanks for noticing that really dumb bug.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
Sweet jesus is the Wall of Shame amazing. That song. THAT SONG.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah, I take back what I said before. With such an awesome theme song, the wall is certainly powerful enough to claim a flappy bird tutorial. :dukedog:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I give up, where is the wall of shame song?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Atoramos posted:

I give up, where is the wall of shame song?

EMBEDDED INTO THE WALL (or the page that the wall of shame is on)

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

alf_pogs posted:

EMBEDDED INTO THE WALL (or the page that the wall of shame is on)

Close enough, it's in the CSS.

http://www.awfuljams.com/audio/TheWall_fin_2.mp3

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Thank you to everyone who has played (and reviewed) PUNCH FIGHT V: MISSING TEETH! It was the first game of many of our teammates, and we're glad that (some of) you enjoyed it (at least a bit). I'm writing up a postmortem, but I'm currently on a much-needed vacation so I'll probably post it when I get back.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Afal posted:

HYPERKOZMO
[*] Control (Does the game control well?): I've had it not charge up when I was holding the mouse button down but other than that???

Hey, thanks for playing, glad you liked it!! When the left mouse button didn't work, was that game-breaking? Did you have to restart the game to get it to work, or did you just have to click again? I bring this up because, like twice ever, I've had the controls get stuck the other way - releasing the mouse doesn't start the boost, and the only way to fix is restarting. That bug only came up twice in like 3,000,000 games so I wasn't able to troubleshoot it.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

TheOrange posted:

Impulse
First off you really did an amazing job with the animation, the GIFs in the thread from earlier didn't convey it as well as they look in game. I think the gameplay is well realized here but it might be a little unbalanced? I was using Bolt/Shotgun the entire game and got to wave 10 without dying, I'm guessing the game is just procedurally generated so I eventually stepped away to try some other games but I had a fun time playing through it. The music reminds me of games from the late 90s to early 2000s in a good way, however I didn't really get a good feel from the sound effects, often I felt like they were part of the music. I also never really looked or kept track of my score and it wasn't obvious when I was gaining or losing multipliers or gaining points, I also never found a use for the grappling hook to be honest. That said this is an overall really well done game!
drat, I had a feeling I should have looked at the multiplier sounds and maybe asked Sigh to adjust them. The problem with me and sound effects is that, even though I love audio in general, music is where my passion lies. I still have stuff that I need to figure out about SFX, especially since this is only my second time doing full SFX work; your feedback is hugely appreciated.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

Ultigonio posted:

drat, I had a feeling I should have looked at the multiplier sounds and maybe asked Sigh to adjust them. The problem with me and sound effects is that, even though I love audio in general, music is where my passion lies. I still have stuff that I need to figure out about SFX, especially since this is only my second time doing full SFX work; your feedback is hugely appreciated.

Glad my feedback helped, the sound design was perfectly fine otherwise though and I thought the music was pretty well done, also I'm using a set of speakers that are a bit of balance so that could of affected my own perception a bit too. I was able to tell the 'low health' warning apart pretty easily but I didn't notice a multiplier lost quite as much.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

TheOrange posted:

Glad my feedback helped, the sound design was perfectly fine otherwise though and I thought the music was pretty well done, also I'm using a set of speakers that are a bit of balance so that could of affected my own perception a bit too. I was able to tell the 'low health' warning apart pretty easily but I didn't notice a multiplier lost quite as much.
Yeah, the mulitplier loss sound actually had a second pass, but that and some other sounds definitely barged into the frequency range that the music sat in. Sighnoceros did an excellent job adjusting the volumes and making the sounds that I'd created come together as best as they could, but it makes me wish that I could just have some sort of immediate feedback so it'd be easier to experiment and tinker and figure out what works, volume- and frequency-wise. Speaker balance could have also definitely played a part, especially since my system isn't currently putting out a perfectly neutral signal.

I'm glad you liked the music, though! I certainly get lots of inspiration from late 90s/early 2000s video game music (that's when I grew up, after all), and in this case I took my usual style and mixed it with a big helping of downbeat, modern house. I hope most people like it, and if they don't, I hope it manages to do its job of fading into the background and subtly enhancing the experience, otherwise.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 5, 2015

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
Just writing up some feedback on some other games, I think I've played most of them now but still missing a few.

Catch a Fish
Honestly didn't feel like there was enough to the game, some kind of fish variety or having the line break seems like it would of added a little more? The actual catching mechanic wasn't too bad but it did feel all over the place, sometimes I'd get multiple catches, other times it'd go flying off screen on the first one. It wasn't bad, I just feel like a little more depth could of helped.

Coinless
I got the game to run but it seems like it wasn't frame capped or something? It seems like it was running way, way faster than I could even hope to control it and I couldn't seem to do anything about it. Can't really say much else beyond that.

Roller Darby
Didn't really get what the critical omission was supposed to be, I think like some other people have said it's kind of like Happy Wheels? It controlled alright but I couldn't figure out how to progress past the second level (part with the trampolines). Seemed alright though, art and music were fine though the lack of backgrounds was a little bit of downside.

Ool
This is a really cool idea that you executed pretty well. Having a way to switch between cue gun and lift without having to click would be nice, the other problem is that if I sunk balls out of order (like 4 when I should be on 3) I'd keep incurring penalties even if I got back on track, this might be intentional though. I'd also say that maybe a little more highlighting on the next ball could help? I mainly noticed it being a problem when you get to the regular pool layout where if it's closely grouped enough it can be hard to tell just from the floating text. Other than that this is really well done though and has a really good title screen.

Tristam
Being an idiot I tried clicking through without looking at the instructions and you can guess how well that went! I would say it is maybe a little easy to skip over the buy healing/mana potions dialog in the beginning by accident and it seemed like if I didn't buy a quest then I didn't get many customers at all? The equipment screen wasn't completely obvious at first to be honest and some of the UI took me a bit to understand but I was clicking through a little impatiently. Once I actually took my time to go through the instructions and had a little trial and error it made a lot more sense. I think it took me a little while to figure out how much I could actually get away with raising prices by, but there is something inherently satisfying about the experience and it at least feels a little more involved than something like a clicker game. I think the interface is a little hard to follow, equipment could maybe explained a bit better, and the music is fine but a mute option would be nice (since this is something good to play with other things in the background) but those are probably my only real complaints? There were a few minor bugs (people getting stuck on each other) and I think at some point I ended up with too many quests because level 1's were taking up all my beds.

XYZ
Funny concept and it plays pretty well. The camera zones took me a second to figure out, they kind of look like part of the environment at first? It's also a little hard to shake off the guards when you're using a keyboard I found. Pretty good though!

Couples games I couldn't get to work were Slam Fighter (I watched videos of it though and it really does look cool though!), Fishin' Hole (I think Unreal is having some issues?). I'll try and check out the last couple remaining games when I can.

Nanomachine Son fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 6, 2015

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Is there still going to be a gong show this weekend?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Some reviews from me! Playing on office computer that has no sound card (!?) so I can't judge sound!

Deliverer Pretty good! Really enjoy the 'drawn with watercolour markers' art style. Physics were a bit wonky and I spawned through the floor a few times, but instantly understood the gameplay. Enjoyed that the three hearts you start with are totally irrelevant. Got pretty good at tossing grenades by the end! Omission Guess: Death

Catch A Fish Actually a pretty chill fishing game. Simple, but nothing wrong with that. More types of fish and etc would be nice, but as a low scope game it worked okay! Couple bugs I didn't like - Got fishing line stuck below level geometry and had to restart. Buying the net doesn't decrease your money total. Not enough responsiveness on the 'Buy' button - I didn't even know I had bought it until I clicked a bunch of times and just tested it out. Omission Guess: Fishing Net. Hyuk hyuk.

PZZL Tough to say much about this without spoiling it. I really enjoyed it - It took me waaaaay too long to figure it out. I actually restarted the game and noticed that the solution was different this time but figured 'ooh random solutions' without really thinking about what that would mean. I retroactively enjoyed the mental gymnastics I had put myself through to explain some of the solutions I had given. Besides that, the Aesthetics were satisfying and chunky, and the colour palette was great. Omission Guess: Puzzles, you bastard

Cinder Fun little Warioware-like. I enjoyed many of the games, though they were TOUGH! My real issues were inconsistent visuals and lack of adherence to the theme. That being said, I played it way more times than the others! Omission Guess: N/A?

Coinless Holy moly that ball moves fast - I thought I was watching the intro screen. I get the idea was that you're playing the 'attract' screen at an arcade by nudging the machine, but it wasn't terribly enjoyable. Omission Guess: Controls

Truck Simul8or I do not know what Octo is, but I assume that's why you have an 8 in your title. Anyhow, simple game, easy to play, played several times. Customization was amusing. I feel like lot of people probably glossed over this but you did a lot of fun visual stuff - the multiple layers of parallax in the background, the fact that your head turns black as it passes through buildings (keeping it visible), the flashing of the entire screen and the dissolving when you get hit. All comes together to make it look like a purposeful visual style rather than laziness. Omission Guess: A Truck!

Roller Darby Other people have said Happy Wheels, but I thought of Elastomania for some reason. Also couldn't beat trampolines, but I am a legendarily bad video game player! A shame there was no background or terrain artwork.Omission Guess: ...Not sure?

OOL It LOOKS great - the title screen is amazing. However, when I start the game, there are NO balls on the table. No one else seems to have this issue, so I'm going to assume it's an issue with terrible work computer. Just seems off that only the balls are missing! Omission Guess: Cue Stick

VectoRocket Another technical error here - game starts as black screen. Added to the list to try on a proper computer. Played it! It's fun! I love how it looks and plays. Only played for a few minutes, but I enjoyed it!Omission Guess: Weapons

S.I.G.H.O Simple graphics, but functional. Hoo boy, that phone was super annoying, especially since I died a lot and it kept popping up! However, the mechanics were easily grasped and I played the game to the end. I died way too often because I kept forgetting that my footsteps called attention to me - it was indicated well, I'm just bad at games. Also the ending - whaaa? Omission Guess: Stealth Skills and Bravery

Sub-Optimal It looks GREAT. It's super fun to shoot random stuff for random effects. I feel like it suffers from looking too much like a real game, which is a dumb problem to have. Also I basically just shot random stuff out the tubes without having time to look at what it actually did - I found myself wishing that the game paused when I was grabbing something, or at least slowed. Still, very fun, very feature complete!Omission Guess: Torpedoes

Sandlot BaseNoBall I actually played and enjoyed this before it was properly released, and liked it even then. Graphics completely minimal, but I don't feel like that detracted from anything. You even have some customizable sprites for the characters, which is just classy. I think it's really a pretty fully featured game and I like it! I want the written out ruleset somewhere for use in tabletop gaming, or, hell, even a boardgame. Omission Guess: A Baseball!

No Chute Simple game, simple graphics, but it works just fine. I watched your progress just learning how to do stuff and it's pretty impressive what you managed to do from scratch in a month. Inspires me to actually try the programming side next year! Omission Guess: Parachute

Critical Admission Hoo boy, this started out easy then got hard! Strangely satisfying to remove organs and make a big pile, too. I definitely loaded out VIPs with all the best stuff - they didn't need peasant normal elbows or guts, only the best. Which is Positronic Brains in every slot! As mentioned before a couple of times, I'm super bad at gaming, but still managed to get through a couple of stages before dying. Omission Guess: Parachute

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 7, 2015

jusion
Jan 24, 2007

dog kisser posted:

Cinder Fun little Warioware-like. I enjoyed many of the games, though they were TOUGH! My real issues were inconsistent visuals and lack of adherence to the theme. That being said, I played it way more times than the others! Omission Guess: N/A?
The omission for Cinder is a joke on the fact that everyone omits really relevant things from dating profiles (as they do on Cinder), and that all of the games are based around the profiles critical omissions.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

TheOrange posted:

Couples games I couldn't get to work were Slam Fighter (I watched videos of it though and it really does look cool though!)

Please try again after installing Microsoft XNA Runtime 4.0 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10? Seems to be a common thread with a lot of folks who have initially been unable to start the game -- looks like the OS install might knock out the previously installed runtimes.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I wanted to try playing Slam Fighter as well, but XNA won't install for me. It keeps asking me to install virtual community or whatever, and I did that - it still won't install though, so whatever. :shrug: The videos looked nice.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

Xibanya posted:

Please try again after installing Microsoft XNA Runtime 4.0 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10? Seems to be a common thread with a lot of folks who have initially been unable to start the game -- looks like the OS install might knock out the previously installed runtimes.

I got it to work, I had to put it in Windows 7 compatibility mode as well. Only downside is that my audio is busted enough that I can't hear the characters quips sometimes, but I'll try it later today with some headphones on.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

dog kisser posted:

OOL It LOOKS great - the title screen is amazing. However, when I start the game, there are NO balls on the table. No one else seems to have this issue, so I'm going to assume it's an issue with terrible work computer. Just seems off that only the balls are missing! Omission Guess: Cue Stick
Your copy has Bonus Critical Omission. Extra points!

Also, everyone else is critically omitting XNA. This is all very meta.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Nondevor posted:

I wanted to try playing Slam Fighter as well, but XNA won't install for me. It keeps asking me to install virtual community or whatever, and I did that - it still won't install though, so whatever. :shrug: The videos looked nice.

Did you follow the link I posted or is your download from elsewhere? I just installed the runtimes on a work computer to show my close colleague who has known about my work on this project the whole time. I didn't get any prompts on a "virtual community" or whatever.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Xibanya posted:

Did you follow the link I posted or is your download from elsewhere? I just installed the runtimes on a work computer to show my close colleague who has known about my work on this project the whole time. I didn't get any prompts on a "virtual community" or whatever.

Yeah, I followed the links and downloaded them from the Microsoft website. Apparently I have net 4.0 already installed, so it's just XNA giving me trouble. I'll try taking a screenshot of the installer problem when I get back home.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

dog kisser posted:

PZZL Tough to say much about this without spoiling it. I really enjoyed it - It took me waaaaay too long to figure it out. I actually restarted the game and noticed that the solution was different this time but figured 'ooh random solutions' without really thinking about what that would mean. I retroactively enjoyed the mental gymnastics I had put myself through to explain some of the solutions I had given. Besides that, the Aesthetics were satisfying and chunky, and the colour palette was great. Omission Guess: Puzzles, you bastard

:neckbeard: Thank you for playing! Make sure you play again with sound when you can. Also, if you have not, reopen the game after beating it for a special reward.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Lowen SoDium posted:

Is there still going to be a gong show this weekend?

Of course. Plans haven't changed, we go live tomorrow at 5pm CST on https://www.twitch.tv/sagamedev

You can follow us on Twitter for announcements @sagamedev.

The Gong Show schedule is now public: HERE

Calipark fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 7, 2015

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

JonTerp posted:

Of course. Plans haven't changed, we go live tomorrow at 5pm CST on https://www.twitch.tv/sagamedev

You can follow us on Twitter for announcements @sagamedev.

The Gong Show schedule is now public: HERE

I'm not to familiar with how Twitch works. Will it be possible to view the show after the fact? I really want to watch my block but I'm going to be busy at the time. Well, I want to watch all the blocks but this Saturday for me is booked solid.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
I think broadcasts get archived by default, but I'm also curious because I'm going to miss the whole shebang too, unfortunately.

Heisenberg1276
Apr 13, 2007

Giggs posted:

I think broadcasts get archived by default, but I'm also curious because I'm going to miss the whole shebang too, unfortunately.

As long as the streamers remember to tick the box! (which I forgot to do for GGJ at the start of the year and lost the whole thing :()

I'd like to see a recording of it too, so do remember to tick that box!

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
I'm also archiving it locally this year. It'll get a proper YouTube upload on Monday.

Just an FYI, we have a mumble where you can hang out and chat with other people while the Gongshow is going on. I'll be around during show breaks. http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vCTURaXQ

Calipark fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 7, 2015

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
Whoa! The Gong Show stream is about to begin! Tune in and check out these crazy games!!

Edit: Finished the first block a bit early after blazing through some (awesome) games, this was my judging block so I just want to say great work to everybody whose games we played through. Tremendous work! You'll all get lengthy scrawls of words from me in the near future, so look forward to it!

Gong Show stream will be continuing with the next block at 8 EST and the final block at 10 EST to keep time with the posted schedules, come watch and enjoy these games!

Everdraed fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 8, 2015

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Gong Show Stream Part 2 is starting RIGHT NOW

http://www.twitch.tv/sagamedev

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
drat, really frustrated that the collision held up so poorly in our game, we spent a bunch of time trying to fix that but it looks like it still cropped up a fair amount :(

Also if you were wondering why the audio got turned off most of the cheats have you hitting the "M" key which toggles on/off all of the game audio.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Cheers on what you had to say about Dark Matter. To be honest I basically thought all the same things. I had wanted to have sound and whatnot going on but my biggest issue was that I scrapped my original idea and then lost some other days on the very end of the month because my girlfriend left for three weeks and we wanted to spend time together before she did. Pretty much everything that was said on the gong show was like "yup, I thought the same thing."

I think the idea has possibilities but I just ran out of time. All told I actually worked on the game for a total of...I think 9 days. So what you're seeing in Dark Matter is less a month game jam and more of a 9 day jam. I was also learning new software and some new other stuff along the way. I wanted to put in music and environmental audio but just flat out didn't have the time.

I had also wanted to do stuff between levels like upgrading your ships and having the game be more responsive to powerups and where your light actually was but, well, once again...time. I kind of think working on it further would be a good idea so I have to ask folks that played it; do you think Dark Matter has enough potential that I should work on it more?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Holy cow, the Melanie on the twitch stream was (as Ziggy Starfucker put it) "our Melanie!" Nice!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Xibanya posted:

Holy cow, the Melanie on the twitch stream was (as Ziggy Starfucker put it) "our Melanie!" Nice!

Surpriiiiiiise <3333

Let's be real though, there's only one Melanie :smugdog:

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
Out of curiosity, since it got mentioned a couple times in the stream, but when will the reviews for the different games be available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
"Thanks for the $2. Your game was OK."

:allears:

• Locked thread