Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Got a "no politics" policy at my workplace, not even dinky local politics.

Was at a bar and started talking about something and bartender was like "if you want to discuss that take it outside" lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

dad gay. so what posted:

i think he will be a great president. he is going to build a wall and make mexico pay for it. that sounds like a good deal to me. :shrug:

hey mexico....

ur fired

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

tomstuart posted:

someone on my facebook posted a pro-trump thingy so i unfriended them

people who do this are passive-aggressive garbage lol

anywho lol http://www.nationalreview.com/article/419853/witless-ape-rides-escalator-kevin-d-williamson

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Kuato posted:

Was at a bar and started talking about something and bartender was like "if you want to discuss that take it outside" lol.

good I'm glad of it

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

hey National Review columnist Kevin D. Williamson

ur fired

fag

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

its important to only have facebook friends who agree with your political views

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Kuato posted:

and then people wonder why people get gay mad for gay rear end sports

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
He's a god among men rocking in the free world and you're blinded by jealousy.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Parallax Scroll posted:

this but unironically

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Whoa hold on. We may have made a hasty judgement on this.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
this guy is good at business he will fix america provide job and let me get ahead

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Why would Mexico pay for the wall?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Fried Watermelon posted:

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Yeah it was a bad idea. My boss's boss was chummy w/ Dubya and keeps a personalized autographed photo on his desk. Didn't consider that when I too-loudly also declared that Bush was a bad president.
Gonna keep my head down for a while.

Anyone can talk about whatever topics they want at work, it depends on your coworkers. Some get real passionate about politics and will shun you for life if you like the opposing team. If you have a workplace with normal, rational people, then debate away.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

Because foreign governments line up to do the bidding of any US president who is sufficiently Republican for them, duh

The real question is how could Mexico pay for the wall with Canada, the UK, France, and Venezuela desperately trying to outbid them on it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if a bartender told me to leave and I was just talking about politics with my friends in a normal tone of voice I'd finish my drink and leave without paying

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

if a bartender told me to leave and I was just talking about politics with my friends in a normal tone of voice I'd finish my drink and leave without paying

u should def try this next time

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax Scroll posted:

u should def try this next time

yeah what's gonna happen they're gonna pull out and shoot me?

lol like no one skips out on bar or restaurant bills ever

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Moridin920 posted:

i dont believe you have friends that would go to a bar with you

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Wasn't discussing it with friends was on drink 6 or 7 and poo poo was about to get crazy.

It's one of two bars I go to and that guy (bar manager) is a prissy little bitch about everything so we all rolled our eyes and discussed something else.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Melmac posted:

Anyone can talk about whatever topics they want at work, it depends on your coworkers. Some get real passionate about politics and will shun you for life if you like the opposing team. If you have a workplace with normal, rational people, then debate away.

if I had a workplace full of rational people then the statement that Trump is a festering pustule on the face of humanity would have been greeted by universal agreement.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

do I do this for religion as well?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
To trump means to fart in the UK. That never fails to make me snigger when old Donald is mentioned.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Fried Watermelon posted:

if things get bad enough here Mexico would build a wall to keep refugees out

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
trump is an irl evil genie basically

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly though I can't imagine going to a bar lovely enough that would just have a blanket ban on religion or politics chat so idk

Daedra posted:

i dont believe you have friends that would go to a bar with you

heh

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Applewhite posted:

if I had a workplace full of rational people then the statement that Trump is a festering pustule on the face of humanity would have been greeted by universal agreement.

have you thought about maybe not living in backasswards Alabama and maybe being a coastal elitist like the rest of us

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Moridin920 posted:

Honestly though I can't imagine going to a bar lovely enough that would just have a blanket ban on religion or politics chat so idk

Think it's just that one dude, haven't seen him for months maybe he finally got shitcanned. Live in a shithole at moment so not a whole lot of options unfortunately. :shrug:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I hope he wins the republican nomination just to further solidify Mr Bernies victory

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Darth123123 posted:

Whoa hold on. We may have made a hasty judgement on this.

Trump has a Realdoll?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
she looks like donald trump

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Parallax Scroll posted:

I unfriended every conservative because I'm extremely offended by jpg artifacts.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

she looks like donald trump

that was probably the idea

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I kind of want to stab him until my arm gets tired, then switch hands.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
He shall overcomb

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
dad gay. so what for president of the internet

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Is Trump real?

I also felt he was some comedian's character that got wished into existence.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

I recently expressed the above opinion to irl coworkers of mine and their response was to unironically defend Trump, going so far as to declare that he is, in fact, a decent and even admirable human being (primarily by virtue of being a successful businessman).

yes because being successful and having money automatically makes you a good person

i want so badly to believe this is an exaggeration but i know in my heart it's not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Ben Smash posted:

dad gay. so what for president of the internet

a five guys in every neighborhood

• Locked thread