Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I would never stop watching a show named "Laser Clowns." Do I smell a new goon project?!

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I had to snicker that during Barry's time in the desert, when he cures "rain, Goddamit" he gets nothing but the SECOND he starts wailing about Allah, hope eventually arrives

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Dead Snoopy posted:

I had to snicker that during Barry's time in the desert, when he cures "rain, Goddamit" he gets nothing but the SECOND he starts wailing about Allah, hope eventually arrives

Because he is going to become a religious fanatic that turns the "Abbudin spring" into the "Islamic State of Abbudin"

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
I want some of that Abbudin money with Jamal on it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's a struggle to watch the Molly scenes. She may be the single worst actor I have ever seen in my entire life. Like worse than 1st grade children at an Xmas recital.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
That was seriously an episode of nothing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Only Tyrant can make a gas attack boring.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Next week on Tyrant, Jamal's son misplaces his phone. Also, Molly gets a flat tire while at a CVS.

Stay tuned for more tyranny.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Even in death, Barry's kids remain the WORST.

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
I liked this episode, love all the stuff that happens in Abbudin especially when it shows small personal dynamics of people's lives, like the guy with 2 wives being a pretty cool and hospitable guy even though his older son is a dick or Leila being conflicted between wanting absolute power and respect but not wanting to know how her husband does it.

Its weird but this is now the show I look forward to most every week this summer, was not expecting that at all with powerhouses like True Detective, Ballers, Falling Skies, etc.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
They could have made this show completely without Barry's family or at least have them be euros.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Dead Snoopy posted:

Even in death, Barry's kids remain the WORST.

Are they actually dead? I can't be bothered to watch this show at the moment and am relying on goons for updates.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The kids are alive and almost non-entities. Barry is "dead" and it's discovered that Sammy get $100 million & the daughter promptly starts whining about how it isn't fair because she's a girl. Like they went their entire lives know gently caress all about anything to do w/ Arabic culture.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

So they could have had some kind of tension between jamal and wifey regarding the whole kid thing, but nope that tension lasted all of 30 seconds until she suspected something and he just told her the truth. Like they were building up to this big overarching plot line of jamal keeping it hidden from her, and then nope just kidding! so dumb

kids and wife and lawyer continue to be terrible

rebels or whatever continue to be boring

I lol that the way they're going to find out that barry is alive is because he's FB stalking his kid I mean come on

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The whole Molly/lawyer plot really bugs the crap out of me. Like, I know there's a 100% chance they kiss in Abudeen, and that's gonna be terrible.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Molly's character is probably written like that in this show because some fearful executives wanted the 30-50 years old American women in the public to have someone to identify with in the cast. But result is so terrible and insulting i am down to hoping she is killed to give the male hero some motivation.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Toplowtech posted:

Molly's character is probably written like that in this show because some fearful executives wanted the 30-50 years old American women in the public to have someone to identify with in the cast. But result is so terrible and insulting i am down to hoping she is killed to give the male hero some motivation.

Why would Jamal care if she were killed?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why would Jamal care if she were killed?

Yeah. Also, Jamal picks the worst times to communicate clearly. "Yeah, the bastard's mine," vs "I want you to join our military but I won't say it's to undercut my ruthless uncle."

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Jamal should just let the pseudo-IS kill all the Chinese, which will make the Chinese exterminate the pseudo IS.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Seriously couldn't even get through 50% of this week's episode. I could even accept it being bad tv if it was just...interesting. I'd even take the writers from EMPIRE to just take a chainsaw to this show.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

You'd think a military man would advocate more than a minimal response, but thought and this show are not on good terms.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I have the last two episodes to watch, but I just can't bring myself to waste two hours on this. Someone wanna sum them up for me so I can jump right back in? Has Molly and the lawyer guy fallen in love? Has Barry and the young wife fallen in love? Is Jamal and his smoking hot wife still the only things semi-interesting in the show?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Solice Kirsk posted:

I have the last two episodes to watch, but I just can't bring myself to waste two hours on this. Someone wanna sum them up for me so I can jump right back in? Has Molly and the lawyer guy fallen in love? Has Barry and the young wife fallen in love? Is Jamal and his smoking hot wife still the only things semi-interesting in the show?
The rebel dude was kidnapped by an ISIS-like "caliphate" and is now invading with them. They came into Bassam's village and snatched the young wife while Bassam tried to flee to Lebanon but it looks like he's now gonna fight ISIS by himself or something. There was also a completely ridiculous air strike by 4 of Jamal's attack choppers and ISIS shot down 3 of them because they were flying like 20 feet high. Molly, the lawyer and the son just got into the country as ISIS attacked, nothing else happened with them really. I've already forgotten everything else.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

My Laser Clowns proposal is sounding better and better every week.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Vodos posted:

The rebel dude was kidnapped by an ISIS-like "caliphate" and is now invading with them. They came into Bassam's village and snatched the young wife while Bassam tried to flee to Lebanon but it looks like he's now gonna fight ISIS by himself or something. There was also a completely ridiculous air strike by 4 of Jamal's attack choppers and ISIS shot down 3 of them because they were flying like 20 feet high. Molly, the lawyer and the son just got into the country as ISIS attacked, nothing else happened with them really. I've already forgotten everything else.

There was also Jamal's bastard who might or might not be the 2nd in command of the army (not sure). Given the fact that uncle Gas-'em-all is failing at everything, he might become the new strong man in Abu-Deen.

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
I'm really impressed by how the Army of the Caliphate managed to shoot down three Apache choppers on an attack run with a couple of RPGs.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Arbite posted:

You'd think a military man would advocate more than a minimal response, but thought and this show are not on good terms.

Yeah it was weird how the Nile goes from this ruthless but competent military tactician to this weak and incompetent buffoon in the span of 1 episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cataffy posted:

I'm really impressed by how the Army of the Caliphate managed to shoot down three Apache choppers on an attack run with a couple of RPGs.

SuperCobras my man.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Go Rambo-Barry! Kick some Not-ISIS butt!

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

SuperCobras my man.

Right you are. Those are still some excellent shots though.

I'm wondering how they're gonna sell Rambo Barry. I'm predicting that Jamal's UN son is probably going to end up in some sort of second in command role, eventually replacing the uncle. Then bastard son will be disgusted by Jamal's tyranny and team up with Barry to install Barry as the ruler.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Barry turned into Jack Bauer.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fuuuuuuuck. Ugh, maybe I'll just read the synopsis on Wikipedia when the season is over.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Murdered with a scaled golden oil derrick replica. Nice. Finally some tyranny!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Barry going full rambo is pretty silly but it's more exciting than anything he did before.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Nice to see the military purge having some effects, that probably should have been brought up sooner but whatever. I'm guessing this three way dance will take up the rest of the season.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Man, this show is way more entertaining when you stop watching it. I've missed a few eps and reading your descriptions make it sound more interesting than I'm sure it actually is.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

So Sammy is gonna fund his father's insurgency?

Oh bloody hell.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This season by and large has been pretty good.

I'm enjoying Undercover Brother/Agent Bassam.
Jamal continues to be 3 leagues above the show, Molly and Lawyer Face are just left drowning in poo poo writing and patheticness.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rocksicles posted:

This season by and large has been pretty good.

I'm enjoying Undercover Brother/Agent Bassam.
Jamal continues to be 3 leagues above the show, Molly and Lawyer Face are just left drowning in poo poo writing and patheticness.

I agree. I never had as many problems with the first season as some here, but this season has been an improvement on almost every level.

Molly and the lawyer are absolutely terrible though. Even Sammy is more engaging than them these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I genuinely loved the first season, it had issues but it's because everyone was secondary apart from Baz and Jamal. My brother a a picky bastard, and he looks forward to it every week.

• Locked thread