Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veotax
May 16, 2006

I'm fairly certain that they only came out for the PS3 and oddly enough the Mac port. I don't think they ever released them for 360 or PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Hahaha! The GOTY version of AK comes out on 28th June. That's a sense of humour!

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Seventh Arrow posted:

Also, in the combat maps, I'm not sure how to handle the guys who are covered in electricity (not the guys with the rave party sticks). I know you can knock them down with the electrical charge, but do you have to wait until their lightning animation goes away before you can hit them?

Also also, what's this I hear about a second ending?

Regular batclaw will get rid of their electricity, it also is a fairly protective move where you can fire it off against these guys with little threat of being hit. So as soon as you see a dude get electrified you can launch the batclaw ASAP and get a safe hit in.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Yes one thing to know is that if you are using a hard counter move against that particular enemy type you will always have invincibility for it, whereas other times you will not.

Same goes for like shields and aerial attacks. If you do it against a non-shielded person you can run the risk of someone smacking you from behind and breaking your combo.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Sober posted:

Yes one thing to know is that if you are using a hard counter move against that particular enemy type you will always have invincibility for it, whereas other times you will not.

Same goes for like shields and aerial attacks. If you do it against a non-shielded person you can run the risk of someone smacking you from behind and breaking your combo.

For me, that was the key to getting 20 head-to-head points in Iceberg Lounge. Just let medics keep electrifying thugs, and then use the batclaw slam to go flying around from thug to thug.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

There are some Riddler puzzles where it gives you a set of coordinates and you have to go there and initiate a race to get the "?" trophy. Sometimes I find it's easier to do this by cape gliding if you have the Mach III Super Cape upgrade or whatever it is - although you have to do a lot of grappling because you seem to get an initial speed boost from it.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Rocksteady lied once more, Arkham VR in October. Guess who is back?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It's probably some lovely ten minute VR 'Experience', not a real game.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Trickjaw posted:

Rocksteady lied once more, Arkham VR in October. Guess who is back?

Ratcatcher?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Ooh, so close. Its about 60 minutes as well, and, as if we haven't had enough, we get to see the batmobile. Try to contain your excitement.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Trickjaw posted:

Ooh, so close. Its about 60 minutes as well, and, as if we haven't had enough, we get to see the batmobile. Try to contain your excitement.

Yay it's like I'm playing Battlezone 2000 again

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Trickjaw posted:

What the hell is your problem, weirdo?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

He's not excited for a crappy VR tech demo?

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Just played the "Season of Infamy" DLC and I thought it was pretty cool overall, especially the Killer Croc stuff. Very atmospheric, and the boss battle was great, if a bit brief.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Seventh Arrow posted:

Just played the "Season of Infamy" DLC and I thought it was pretty cool overall, especially the Killer Croc stuff. Very atmospheric, and the boss battle was great, if a bit brief.

The boss was same as that boxer dude.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Return to Arkham delayed indefinitely.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

There's only cheevo I can miss in Arkham City? The one with the Batarang? Nothing else in the game is time-sensitive? And the boss fights don't suck as bad? The first game was fun except for the Titans, which is I why stopped in the sewer level.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jun 28, 2016

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What do I need to do to get the Batman Beyond skin in Knight?

Is it in a dlc pack?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

PantsBandit posted:

What do I need to do to get the Batman Beyond skin in Knight?

Is it in a dlc pack?

Yar, DLC pack.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Oh, apparently it wasn't showing up because they gave it away for free at some point? It's in my costume list. That's cool.

Game actually runs pretty well now. Shame it was such a poo poo-show for so long.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Trickjaw's continuing descent into lunacy aside, has anything been confirmed about Return to Arkham's performance, or are we just assuming it's basically a GOTY edition with a souped up frame rate and textures?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

poptart_fairy posted:

Trickjaw's continuing descent into lunacy aside, has anything been confirmed about Return to Arkham's performance, or are we just assuming it's basically a GOTY edition with a souped up frame rate and textures?

Right about it being delayed indefinitely. Article said WB was unhappy with the state of it, so who knows.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

You can google that he's right and also why its delayed or go back a page or so

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Nothing has been confirmed since the game is currently an unfinished hot fire officially unfit for release.

I also don't understand what your beef with Trickjaw is either. Everything he's posted has been right.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 29, 2016

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

redbackground posted:

Nothing has been confirmed since the game is currently an unfinished hot fire officially unfit for release.

I also don't understand what your beef with Trickjaw is either. Everything he's posted has been right.

Poptart hates it when people just don't jump on the viral shill bandwagon. Trickjaw tells the truth. Always.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Thanks, guys :)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So this has been on my PS4's hard drive since release day, and I gave up initially during the Batmobile platforming bullshit at Ace Chemicals. So I figure I'm finally close to the end, and two things:

1) gently caress the Cloudburst's final form; the Batmobile doesn't control nearly well enough to escape a giant-rear end death machine tear-assing towards you at warp speed while you're trying to navigate fog from hell.

2) gently caress, gently caress, gently caress the Excavator; the Batmobile doesn't control nearly well enough to escape a giant-rear end death drill tear-assing at you at warp speed while you're trying to get through Riddler tunnel bullshit. I finally just wound up cheesing that by sitting in front of one of the death tunnels and waiting for the Excavator to see me then start stampeding at me like a pissed-off water buffalo.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The solution for many to both of those problems was to change the view to first person.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

2) gently caress, gently caress, gently caress the Excavator; the Batmobile doesn't control nearly well enough to escape a giant-rear end death drill tear-assing at you at warp speed while you're trying to get through Riddler tunnel bullshit. I finally just wound up cheesing that by sitting in front of one of the death tunnels and waiting for the Excavator to see me then start stampeding at me like a pissed-off water buffalo.
Sitting in front of a tunnel and waiting for Dumbass to find you is exactly the thing you should do. I eventually just had to fire at him from across the way so he'd pick up the hint that I'm up for some dude-on-dude tunnel-scrubbing.

And yes, changing to first-person makes any difficult racing/driving much, much, easier. This comes into play during one of those last Riddler races, too.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

redbackground posted:

Sitting in front of a tunnel and waiting for Dumbass to find you is exactly the thing you should do. I eventually just had to fire at him from across the way so he'd pick up the hint that I'm up for some dude-on-dude tunnel-scrubbing.

And yes, changing to first-person makes any difficult racing/driving much, much, easier. This comes into play during one of those last Riddler races, too.

I thought that was because of hit box shenanigans

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

exploding mummy posted:

I thought that was because of hit box shenanigans
I have no idea. It just works, though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

redbackground posted:

Melodrama is not mutually exclusive with being correct.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Return to Arkham has been delayed indefinitely, until "at least November," due to supposed framerate issues.

Suppose it may or may not be worth pointing out that Virtuos Games, the studio handling the port, has never once handled a dual PS4 / Bone port.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Dogen posted:

The solution for many to both of those problems was to change the view to first person.

Son of a bitch why didn't I think of that

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Timby posted:

Return to Arkham has been delayed indefinitely, until "at least November," due to supposed framerate issues.

Suppose it may or may not be worth pointing out that Virtuos Games, the studio handling the port, has never once handled a dual PS4 / Bone port.

Worked pretty good last time didn't it

They had the sense to at least delay the thing instead of the cash grab that blew up in their face on PC.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Fargin Icehole posted:

Worked pretty good last time didn't it

They had the sense to at least delay the thing instead of the cash grab that blew up in their face on PC.

They're kinda learning the wrong lesson from the Arkham Knight thing; it wasn't supposed to be, "Let's stall it/delay release if things are looking bad," but rather, "Don't farm out your smash hit video game series to people who haven't shipped a product (on X/Y/Z platform) before."

Capn Beeb posted:

Son of a bitch why didn't I think of that

It's stupid how this turns the car from a steaming pile of poo poo to something that's fun to drive around town in.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
I'm finally picking this game up as it's €20 on the EU store. Is there any DLC worth anything, given that the premium edition is €10 more, or should I just skip that?.

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jul 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Given its like 15 bucks I'd say its worth it. Its very much on the paltry side, but there's good stuff in the seasons dlc, and the batgirl piece isn't terrible either.

• Locked thread