Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Should I bother to finish Arkham Origin before this comes out? I still debating if I want to get this right away, but I never finished Origins which I was given for free on the PS3 with the season pass. Last time I played was after beating Deathstroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rirse posted:

Should I bother to finish Arkham Origin before this comes out? I still debating if I want to get this right away, but I never finished Origins which I was given for free on the PS3 with the season pass. Last time I played was after beating Deathstroke.

the Deathstroke fight is the peak of the game imo but there are a few moments that are pretty cool

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Rirse posted:

I'd say it's worth finishing - there's a lot of excellent set pieces and it's not a very long game if you're not trying to do absolutely everything.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
More gameplay demos. One for freeroam, one for predator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvk-vOizzz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2qWl7Fstww

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Any word on digital pre-load, etc?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Um...if you bought the Batmobile Limited Edition....

I am so sorry.

Apparently no one knew at UK's GAME or US's GameStop, Amazon didn't know and nor did any other retailer it just...happened without warning from WB or Rocksteady.

If you got this version, you will be able to get a full refund and (hopefully) can preorder another version.

To compensate, WB will give out the New 52 skin pack that was originally to be in the Batmobile/Batman statue edition for free to anyone who buys the game in any form.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 18, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ThermoPhysical posted:

Um...if you bought the Batmobile Limited Edition....

I am so sorry.

It says everyones getting the three New 52 skins for free, Good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lucius outsourced to China and here we are thanks Wayne Industries.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There's a Gray Ghost poster in the Clock Tower. :allears:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

The predator video is neat. Thugs will adapt to your tactics now so it's like the Mr. Freeze boss fight spread across an entire game. The Riddler puzzle they showed at the end was pretty clever.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
This game comes out on my birthday :kimchi:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
This game looks absolutely massive. As someone who has 100% on City and Origins, it looks overwhelming. I fear for how many hours I'm going to spend driving around everywhere hunting down that last drat Riddler trophy. The fact that it (supposedly) has no loading screens is amazing. I can't wait.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Hmm, looks like according to the predator map video there are 5 big districts or something in the game (at least for riddler trophies). I wonder exactly how much that means, and if we're gonna be island hopping. It seems like most of the gameplay they showed is on only one of the islands. Wondering if that Gotham skyline they keep showing off is accessible or not.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I kind of hope they bring things to a complete circle and the game's climax is set in the ruins of Arkham Island. From what they've said, the Arkham City area isn't available, correct? I think it sunk into the ocean between games, as AC hinted it was doing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Riddler stuff. I love how overdramatic he is in the Rocksteady games compared to Origins.

"You will refer to me as Riddler, the Riddler, or Mr. Nygma." :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK6fL8iEbRo

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 18, 2015

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
The Community Manger for WB Games confirmed that all pre-order bonus DLC will be included in the Season Pass, including both the Harley Quinn and Red Hood story packs. That's somewhat surprising considering the Season Pass for Mortal Kombat X, another WB Game, didn't include the pre-order bonus. (Or some of the regular DLC for that matter)

Sounds like Season Pass owners will have it dolled out over time along with the rest of the content, while general audiences have to wait until August or September. I'm almost tempted to buy the Season Pass while it's discounted to $30, but I should probably play the game I got free with my new GPU before throwing down thirty bucks for additional content.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rirse posted:

It's probably not necessary, considering Rocksteady threw a pretty big dis at Origins by referring to Knight as "the third game in the trilogy" I doubt they plan to incorporate anything from it into their game. Origins' probably worth finishing at some point because it has arguably the best story of the Arkham games and some cool elements, but the altered combat mechanics and general bugginess of everything make it a lot less enjoyable to me than the "real" Arkham games.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

just got the email that my copy just got shipped. hype meter at max levels!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rirse posted:

Plotwise no, but Origins is pretty good.

vvv Origins was buggy at launch but I don't think it the port was the problem.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Curious how the PC port is going to turn out. I didn't get the ports of AA and AC until many years after release and they seemed to be pretty solid. Did they have all sorts of bugs at launch or was it smooth sailing? Can't decide if I should get AK on PS4 or PC, leaning towards PC.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anti-Hero posted:

Curious how the PC port is going to turn out. I didn't get the ports of AA and AC until many years after release and they seemed to be pretty solid. Did they have all sorts of bugs at launch or was it smooth sailing? Can't decide if I should get AK on PS4 or PC, leaning towards PC.

I didn't play Asylum on release, City seemed fine though.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Knormal posted:

It's probably not necessary, considering Rocksteady threw a pretty big dis at Origins by referring to Knight as "the third game in the trilogy" I doubt they plan to incorporate anything from it into their game. Origins' probably worth finishing at some point because it has arguably the best story of the Arkham games and some cool elements, but the altered combat mechanics and general bugginess of everything make it a lot less enjoyable to me than the "real" Arkham games.

Origins is officially canon to the other Arkham games according to Sefton Hill, Rocksteady's co-founder and game director.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txVkG7kOAYw

At 8:13, he specifically mentions that the evidence room contains items from previous villains in the "previous three games--in Asylum, in City, and in Origins".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The plot of it isn't relevant though, regardless of if it's canon.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I don't get how the batgirl dlc will be a 'retelling of The Killing Joke'. Batgirl wasn't in it, and unless they have Babs tooling around her wheelchair beating up goons and saving Jim, I think the only commonality is Joker, Fun Fair, and Gordon in peril. Unless Mistuh J shoots her just before the credits roll. But yeah, awfully excited and cant wait for the season pass to drop in price.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Retelling The Killing Joke but giving Barbara some loving agency actually sounds really great.

I'm expecting the red hood dlc to be a very small slice of content - a few challenge maps stapled together wouldn't suprise me.

I do think that the harley quinn dlc will have a bit more tender loving care put into it, though.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Trickjaw posted:

I don't get how the batgirl dlc will be a 'retelling of The Killing Joke'. Batgirl wasn't in it, and unless they have Babs tooling around her wheelchair beating up goons and saving Jim, I think the only commonality is Joker, Fun Fair, and Gordon in peril. Unless Mistuh J shoots her just before the credits roll. But yeah, awfully excited and cant wait for the season pass to drop in price.

The assumption is that it's going to be exactly that. Instead of Batman saving the day, Babs is going to roll up in there, stop things, and get paralyzed at the end. The point of The Killing Joke wasn't to harm Barbara Gordon, it was to break Jim Gordon's spirit, so a retelling featuring her as the hero is still viable as long as Jim gets totally hosed in the head by the events along the way but still comes out of it sane.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

TechnoSyndrome posted:

The Community Manger for WB Games confirmed that all pre-order bonus DLC will be included in the Season Pass, including both the Harley Quinn and Red Hood story packs. That's somewhat surprising considering the Season Pass for Mortal Kombat X, another WB Game, didn't include the pre-order bonus. (Or some of the regular DLC for that matter)

Sounds like Season Pass owners will have it dolled out over time along with the rest of the content, while general audiences have to wait until August or September. I'm almost tempted to buy the Season Pass while it's discounted to $30, but I should probably play the game I got free with my new GPU before throwing down thirty bucks for additional content.

I was on the fence about getting the season pass until this new came out, I really hate the retail exclusive preorder crap.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Knormal posted:

It's probably not necessary, considering Rocksteady threw a pretty big dis at Origins by referring to Knight as "the third game in the trilogy" I doubt they plan to incorporate anything from it into their game.

Origins is considered canon by Knight and referenced as such within the game. The demos have made that clear repeatedly.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
Rocksteady is referring to the trilogy as THEIR games. Origins was a separate thing, done by a separate studio, using the same engine and some of the same assets. WB owns the story rights, so they can say it's tied together with no shenanigans. Rocksteady planned out a 3 game series, and Origins was just filler to keep fans going.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

G-Prime posted:

Origins was just filler

Truer words have never been spoken.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah, they said it's a prequel and that's The Batgirl Story People Know.

Except it's not a Batgirl story, dammit! :argh:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Batgirl is not even in the original story.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well that's the Thing about Batgirl people know. They're making it a Batgirl story.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Azubah posted:

I was on the fence about getting the season pass until this new came out, I really hate the retail exclusive preorder crap.
The season pass is still utter poo poo, unless you get it at a discount. They honestly still haven't announced enough to justify the cost.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Getting the game + season pass for 60 dollars felt pretty badass

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize I would get so mad when the one guy asked at 10:20 about Hush and "A-zayz-el". Get this human trash off the stage.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Sober posted:

The season pass is still utter poo poo, unless you get it at a discount. They honestly still haven't announced enough to justify the cost.

Steam has the pass for $30 right now. People are selling their copies from the video card promotion for $20+, it's pretty easy for get everything for less than retail right now.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

redbackground posted:

I didn't realize I would get so mad when the one guy asked at 10:20 about Hush and "A-zayz-el". Get this human trash off the stage.

...?

How...is it supposed to be pronounced?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Phylodox posted:

...?

How...is it supposed to be pronounced?

AZ-ree-ahl I think. Azayzl is the devil Xman who can teleport, guy probably just got confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Nothing short of perfection. I want to be this Batman.

• Locked thread