Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Update: 10/28/2015 Batman: Arkham Knight has returned to Steam. It still probably doesn't work.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's back on Steam.

quote:

Greetings Batman: Arkham Fans!

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight is back up and available today! We are genuinely thankful to the Batman: Arkham fans, the Steam Batman: Arkham Community, and the PC Players who have patiently waited for this day. As a show of our appreciation to our fans in this process, we are pleased to announce three community focused programs to help us commemorate the re-launch of the game.

To kick things off, we will be giving away FREE digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library. This means we will be giving away copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The Batman: Arkham library of games will be given to everyone who has already purchased or will purchase Batman: Arkham Knight for PC prior to 11:59 pm PDT, November 16, 2015. We’re actively working with our partners at Valve to make this happen as soon as we can, so watch your Steam Library. We are aiming to deliver all of the games by December.

Seeing as our community was a great help in getting the game up and running, Rocksteady will be creating a new "Community Challenge Pack” that will be given free to owners of the Batman: Arkham Knight game in January 2016. As thanks to the Steam Community, PC players will have access to the maps for a week before they hit the consoles. Stay tuned for more details on this in the Batman: Arkham Community and Social Channels.

Finally, we are thrilled to announce that we are working with Valve and the Team Fortress 2 team for a special cross-game promotion. Through November 16, 2015, Valve will be running a contest for the Steam community to create Batman: Arkham themed cosmetic items for Team Fortress 2. The winning items will be given out to those who purchased Batman: Arkham Knight on Steam before the end of the contest. You can check out the official TF2 blog[http://www.teamfortress.com] for all the contest details!

To recap, if you own Batman: Arkham Knight for PC or purchase it before November 16, 2015, you will get:
Free digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library.
The "Community Challenge Pack” DLC.
The Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items created by the Batman: Arkham community.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

The next Batman installment, Batman: Arkham Knight, is out NOW for current gen consoles. It is also returning to PC on October 28th, 2015. It's more Batman and you all know the score by now. The game takes place after the events of Arkham City so prepare for spoilers if you haven't finished that yet.

Wikipedia posted:

...the game's main storyline follows Batman as he confronts the Scarecrow, who has launched an attack on Gotham City, causing a city-wide evacuation. Aided by the mysterious Arkham Knight, an original character created for the game, the Scarecrow unites Batman's greatest foes in a plot to finally kill the Dark Knight. The game is presented from the third-person perspective with a primary focus on Batman's combat and stealth abilities, detective skills, and gadgets that can be used in both combat and exploration. Arkham Knight also introduces the Batmobile as a playable vehicle, which can be used for transportation or combat. The game expands Batman's arsenal of gadgets and combat attacks and offers a more open world structure, allowing the player to complete side missions away from the primary storyline.

This post only has like a 50,000 character limit or something so that's not enough to cover all of the DLC, season pass, and pre-order DLC for this game. I encourage you to investigate them on your own if you are so inclined. Some notables that may be worth mentioning are playing as Harley (pre-order), playing as Red Hood (Gamestop pre-order) and playing as Batgirl (season pass), as well as the usual abundance of skins, batmobile skins, races, and challenge maps. Season Pass owners will eventually receive any retailer specific DLC once it has left its exclusivity window later this year. Here is a list of what has been released so far and what is coming up http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Batman-Arkham-Knight-General/NEWS-Full-Season-Pass-Content-Revealed/td-p/836047

Arkham Knight is rated M by the ESRB (whereas the others were T) for blood, suggestive themes, violence, and language including use of the word 'gobshite'.

Gotham is Mine Trailer (Youtube)
All Who Follow You Trailer (Youtube)
Batmobile Gameplay (Youtube)
E3 Gameplay Trailer (Youtube)
Firefly Gameplay Demo (Youtube)

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Kin posted:

Op needs more joker pics.

CharlestonJew posted:

here's a video of the first few minutes of the game that they showed off at Sony's E3 conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AME_nWcbSP8

Yeah, I should toss this up there in the OP

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 17, 2015

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

These games have a plot?

It's a beautiful unrequited love story about batman's fists and criminal's faces.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Yeah, they said it's a prequel and that's The Batgirl Story People Know.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Veotax posted:

I imagine that Batgirl is the only significant piece of DLC out of those three. I think it's supposed to be a mini-campaign like Harley Quinn's Revenge and Cold Cold Heart.

I'm willing to bet that the Harley and Red Hood DLCs are going to have very minimal story components and be mostly for challenge rooms, like the character DLCs for City.

Yeah, Batgirl is the only one that's actually costing you money through the Season Pass so it's probably going to have a big content disparity.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Lucius outsourced to China and here we are thanks Wayne Industries.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Yvonmukluk posted:

Except it's not a Batgirl story, dammit! :argh:

Well that's the Thing about Batgirl people know. They're making it a Batgirl story.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

CuwiKhons posted:

you heard it here first, the arkham knight is azazel (who is azazel?)

Place your bets on the identity of the Arkham Knight!
Azreal
Hush
Azazel
Quincy Sharp
Azayzel
The Joker
Aziz Ansari

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Codependent Poster posted:

It's gonna be a clone.

Of the Joker.

Almost. Joker clone Amadeus Arkham's ghost something something Lazarus pit was the answer we were looking for.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm going to post Arkham Knights identity without spoilers as soon as it leaks if you guys don't knock it off.

Arkham Knight is imaginary, as is the entire series. It all exists in the mind of autistic 8 year old Bruce Wayne staring at a snow globe of Gotham.

Edit: All of this is revealed to be a dream of Bob Newhart

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

VolticSurge posted:

I think the Arkham Knight is Mad Stan,myself.

So just Henry Rollins. I'm okay with that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The final Most Wanted mission reveals that it has been Most Wanted's Razor Callahan all along. Final fight is a street race for the batmobile's pink slip.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RatHat posted:

You'll fight through his army, beat all his supervillain allies, and take down Arkham Knight in an epic multi-stage battle. Then he is dramatically unmasked and it's...a completely new character who is unimportant.

Basically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU

Just some random mook from the first game. "Don't you remember me? You threw me off a guard tower! I WAS IN REHAB FOR THREE YEARS!"

Uh, you're going to have to be more specific.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Man every reviewer hates the batmobile stuff. How unexpected.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

SonicRulez posted:

I knew the Batmobile was gonna flop. I want no parts of vehicle combat or really any vehicle segment. I know it's part of Batman, but still, I wish we could've just...not.

Can someone refresh my memory on the point in the Season Pass? I pre-ordered at GameStop, so I'm already getting Harley and Jason. Is it just Barbara and some skins? Cause that doesn't seem worth $40.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

Is all that worth the price tag? Who knows; probably not. Especially since there's almost guaranteed to be a Game of the Year all-inclusive edition at some point. Video games.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 19, 2015

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

redbackground posted:

The best new bit is the Batman-Vehicle-Takedown, which I hadn't seen before. It's the last fan question.

Someone please make a gif of that (roughly 10:46). TIA

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RatHat posted:

According to the Game Informer review you need 100% to unlock the "real" ending.

At 100% you get to see him in his Batman Zero Suit.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I literally couldn't remember a single fight from origins outside of electrocutioner and the room with all of Branden's men until I read these posts.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Man it sure was a twist to have Batman be a murderer in this one, but I do love the part where he kills your framerate

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

net cafe scandal posted:

I was looking at the videos for the ejector seat upgrades and at the highest rank I'm pretty sure Batman would realistically poo poo his pants and black out if he rocketed out of his car at that speed.

His cowl has cranial velocity dampening something something vibranium waynetech analogue.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

No Mods No Masters posted:

Actually he just has a diaper OP

It's an Nth metal diaper, thank you.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Drove the batmobile almost 100 yards without rolling it. I'm the greatest.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ShineDog posted:

Tons of little details in this game. The game calls back to a very minor action you can take in the first moments of the game an hour or two later.

If you don't shoot anyone as the cop the police watching him are amazed he held it together as well as he did, as opposed to if you shoot people they're horrified at what Scarecrow did to him

Welp, restarting.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Let's give Batman a rocket suit that suplexes fools and leaves their corpses 3 blocks away.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Uppercut a dude into the air and the batmobile assist opens fire on him with a minigun. Outstanding. It's uh, a nonlethal minigun.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Holy poo poo the environment specials where you jump up and cut the hanging lights with a batarang and piledrive them into someone's face, and the one where you throw dudes into the fuse box and they fry.

Edit VV Word

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 24, 2015

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I am really appreciating that they they just said 'gently caress it' and gave you a bullet time suit and a rocket launcher and a tachikoma and a half-dozen gadgets and the ability to shoot yourself into geosynchronous orbit in the first 30 minutes of the game.

Also the remote-controlled batarang lasts an entire minute now and you can crash it into poo poo and it just bounces off and keeps going.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
"You can't save all of her since I already killed half!" is a pretty good line.

I enjoy what they are doing with him so far. Who knew the best use of the Joker would be having him off to the side telling jokes like some kind of, I dunno... jester.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Feenix posted:

1) Despite everything PS4 and otherwise working online, I am told by the game I am not connected to PSN re: Leaderboard stuff. Anyone else?

I think this might be slammed right now since it just came out. I tried the one race a few times and every time I restarted it would struggle and vary between no leader boards, leader boards, or only showing me and no one else.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

PostNouveau posted:

I can't fathom this. It's, like, the spergiest thing in the world.

You are at the intersection of comic book fans and video game fans.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

I can't think of a single pinpoint-precision thing I've encountered so far. The only thing close are the ramp-jumps and those almost entirely just let you aim, hit afterburner, land exactly where you need.

I think that's probably some people's problem. The game already compensates and corrects a lot and it's easy to end up 'fighting' it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

SonicRulez posted:

So we really have to 100% all the Riddler stuff to get the real ending? I think I wanna do all that stuff and get the ending all in one go. Is that possible?

I don't know the answer to this, but if you're a completionist I'm pretty sure at least one achievement/trophy/steamchievo is specifically for new game plus.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ethanol posted:

how do you do these environmental take downs? like I see these lamps are highlighted in blue, how do I utilize them?

It'll prompt you when available. It's square+X if I remember correctly on PS4 so whatever that translates to on your platform (Uh, punch plus interact I guess).

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Feenix posted:

The Tank Mode is definitely not what the developer intends as a brake. They intend for you to powerslide, brake and reverse with square. The fact that many hours later my hand STILL goes to tank mode when I want to slow down is testament to how bad this was as a choice for them. Not only that, but the entire control scheme for movement changes momentarily when you tap tank mode, so you'll spin. I do not recommend anyone considers quickly flashing tank mode as a means for slowing your speed in a race. I'm surprised you find that tolerable at all.

Yes, I will admit that if I got the perfect line (whatever that is) some of these things would stop being issues, but it feels like random luck if after hopping off 3 platforms the batmobile doesn't either A) Roll over. B) Spin out. C) Flip on it's back. That poo poo is out of my control as far as I can tell when it comes to landing and having the car bounce around or whatever... I know you have air control but the distance between these hops is minor at best.

Did you try the alternate controls for it? I think that might make L2 a proper brake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3i9Pqwxwos
Here's a pretty good show of how often/when you should be boosting I guess. The guy nearly wipes it once and sideswipes a few walls, but 2 seconds under isn't a bad finish.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 24, 2015

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Feenix posted:

Such a thing does not seem to exist on PS4. Controls section only allows you to look at what the controls are. Game section only allows you to invert sticks for flight modes and such.

Its not in 'controls' its in one of the other things. It might even just be called options. Not home to check.

Edit: I'm going to put it in the OP later I think once I see exactly where it is because it seems a lot of people might actually prefer that way.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Tell me this breaks a pro consumer law in the EU about false advertising or something. That'd be p funny

E: Beaten like Zasz

Yeah, in America it's basically impossible, but a real consumer-friendly country might be able to take a run at a lawsuit.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

CuwiKhons posted:

It was a puzzle where, after having to launch myself out of the batmobile a few times, I had to get through a ring of spikes like the ones you line launcher'd your way through in City. I attempted to line launcher my way through and it just kept automatically killing me. In retrospect, I suppose it still wanted me to glide through them with a good launch but I was so sure that I needed to line launcher that I died several times. Then, after god knows how many deaths, when I respawned next to the Batmobile, there was a lit up green question mark button that hadn't been there before. Hitting it lowered the wall next to it and let me finish the puzzle. Riddler was very condescending about it but I guess at that point he had a right to be :downs:

I just did that one. You actually end up with too much air once you get through the tunnel and have to drop a fair bit to hit the last sensor :)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Man, the second Riddler course probably should've been the first so people could see these are timing puzzles like his other three games worth of timing puzzles and not 'races'.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

CharlestonJew posted:

when you're seeing and hearing poo poo that isn't there, the last thing you want to do is respond to them. especially when you've got your butler watching and listening to every move you make

Master Wayne what are you doing?
Uh well Joker said he's going to take out those sentry guns for me so I'm waiting to see what he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Hey whoa slow down there buddy let's not call them 'people'.

• Locked thread