Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
These games have a plot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You'll never guess who was confirmed as the main villain of the Batgirl DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PX1Lca-_NY

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 17, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Harley Quinn and Red Hood having "Initiation" style DLC sounds about right.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Reposting this Firefly demo since it's not in the OP post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOuIs3zp9Wc

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 18, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mogomra posted:

I only found out today that Black Mask is at the beginning of City... I already knew about Deadshot, Az, and Hush, but wtf.

I was sad Scruffy didn't show it off in his LP, but if you mess with Riddler's stuff before he kidnaps Cash and the others, he'll call you stupid and tell you to come back later.

Or to go to the church if you do it after Cash is kidnapped but before starting the sidequest officially.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

More gameplay demos. One for freeroam, one for predator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvk-vOizzz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2qWl7Fstww

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There's a Gray Ghost poster in the Clock Tower. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Riddler stuff. I love how overdramatic he is in the Rocksteady games compared to Origins.

"You will refer to me as Riddler, the Riddler, or Mr. Nygma." :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK6fL8iEbRo

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 18, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Knormal posted:

It's probably not necessary, considering Rocksteady threw a pretty big dis at Origins by referring to Knight as "the third game in the trilogy" I doubt they plan to incorporate anything from it into their game.

Origins is considered canon by Knight and referenced as such within the game. The demos have made that clear repeatedly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Clearly the Arkham Knight is Frank Boles.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

One of the videos showed a Batcave challenge map with Batman and Nightwing dual play.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

iGestalt posted:

Arkham Knight will be Stan Lee.

I'd believe it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Another gameplay demo. They're throwing these out like candy lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2jrKu5GjeA

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The crime scenes don't seem to be the same as Origins', but like a better done version of City's.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mogomra posted:

Arkham Knight is confirmed to be The Rainbow Creature.

This would be the greatest reveal of all time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I have to say that I like how the Arkham Knight will be testing your predator prowess throughout the game, forcing you to make different moves. That's really cool. I was hoping TYGER would do something like that when City was being talked about.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Apparently some guy on Twitter 100%ed the game and has been mentioning the guy's identity.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I didn't post the actual Tweet. Just proof he was as far as he said he was.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

:stare:

Well, I just saw something I didn't expect to see from this game.

Major spoilers, of course, but I'm referring to the third link in that post.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jun 19, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm a bit iffy on the Batmobile so far. It seems to be shoehorned into a lot of places that don't necessarily require it. The chase with Firefly reminds me too much of GTA for comfort.

I can't help but wonder what the reason for Batman doing races with Riddler is. Hostages again? Just an excuse to make Riddler even more neurotic?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, some of those Batman trophies were BS. Catwoman's were easier to get.

And the trophy number in Arkham Knight is 243, which is three more than were in Asylum.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Remember how everyone was joking about Batman running over people with this car?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

On some level, aren't we all Jason Todd?

An unlikeable kid that people voted to have killed who comes back as a bitter and jaded adult?

Sounds about right.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I was hoping that spoiler was a joke. That's a lame twist.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 20, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, what's his angle for being the Arkham Knight, anyway? I thought he was against criminal activity, but here he is cooperating with literally everyone. Is he planning to gas the city with Scarecrow's weapon to take them all out or something?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I found out some details on GameFAQs. I saw some stuff on Instagram that confirms this.

Blackfire posted:

MASSIVE SPOILERS Joker has a very big role in the game. He's still dead but batman see him a lot through out the whole game with joker commenting on events and areas. Joker is literally in batmans cells because of the blood thing from arkham city. There are also 4 fake "jokers" who are also suffering from the same thing batman is and are turning into joker. Later in the game you play as joker in batmans head and even get a joker mobile. The final boss is scarecrow but the real final battle happens in batmans head with him fighting joker. Ive seen videos an pics of some of this btw and i was asked not to share find cawitachi and pm him and he'll send you them. But note some have been taken down since yesterday the rest is from the twitter leaker

Goddammit. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Links for proof.

Joker Lady

Joker Guy

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 20, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Both those links are broken,nice try.

Seriously? They work for me. I'll edit them and see if that fixed them.

Here's the guy's Instagram.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There's a full leak of details on 4chan I'm reading through now. I'll avoid posting the whole thing since I don't want to ruin the story for anyone who cares, but I can confirm some villains.

Man-Bat, Deacon Blackfire, Deathstroke, Professor Pyg, Hush

And villains who apparently aren't in the game.

Bane, Ra's al Ghul, Calendar Man

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 20, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mr E posted:

Those all are awesome, really glad they're in the game.

In regards to Deathstroke, though, he's apparently a Batmobile boss.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

I still can't believe they didn't do the raddest thing and have Knight turn out to be insane Bruce Wayne and have you turn out to have been Dick Grayson or Jason Todd the whole time.

But Nightwing was already confirmed. Unless you thought Nightwing would be Jason Todd, but I think his outfit was red.

Nevermind, it was blue.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, he's dead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The (rather abrupt) ending of the Harley Quinn story DLC.

Just a fight against Nightwing, who's functionally a stun baton enemy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I guess Black Mask won't be doing anything important.

In gadget news, apparently Batman left the REC and Shock Gloves with the cops. They're on display in the evidence room, with Aaron Cash saying he feels secure having some of Batman's gadgets there.

Naturally, Batman breaks the display and takes the former back. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 21, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

:siren: Early Game Spoilers :siren:

Specifically the first Joker hallucination.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

To be honest, the whole draw of the Arkham Knight was who was under the mask, a plot that was raised and resolved in this game. I don't think he was ever going to be really major aside from that reveal.

I don't remember if someone on this site said it, but I kind of wish the Arkham Knight's identity was unimportant. Much like Joker always says he doesn't care about who is under Batman's mask because that's not "the real him", the Arkham Knight could've been the same way.

Sure, it wouldn't have been wholly satisfying, but I don't really think they could have satisfied with his identity to begin with. Either it really is a comic book character or it's some original character from the series. And there's no original character in this series who has been presented as able to fight Batman seeing as all of them are regular cops who get clowned by the villains or asylum doctors.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 22, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

I got spoiled on something that's really loving weird, but at this point I don't know. Maybe :siren:huge spoilers:siren:? Maybe not?

There's apparently a big song and dance routine involving the Joker.

I don't know about that.

I did hear there's a segment of the game where you run over Killer Croc with the Jokermobile, though.

ayn rand hand job posted:

They should just launch the big J's corpse into space.

You just spoiled the plot for Batman: Arkham Asteroid.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Scarface as the antagonist with Wexler? as the ventriloquist.

According to the Evidence Room, the last Ventriloquist was Peyton Riley, so I'm assuming Wesker is dead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

how artificial feeling are the riddler challenges this time around?

the whole idea of them is immersion breaking enough in asylum when they're in out of the way vents but the giant rooftop high tech chain link puzzle cages devoted to them in city really turned me off.

There are Riddler trophies. One shown in an Arkham Insider video required Batman to drive his car onto a nearby rooftop, grapple over with a hook, shoot a bunch of the rooftop chimneys in the way, navigate over in tank mode, and then use some kind of gadget to make the trophy accessible to Batman.

Not sure if they're all like that, but that's worth keeping in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

The link is gone what happened?

I saw one character as another. Basically Commissioner Gordon was tied up, but it looked like Black Mask due to bad video quality.

There was a better one uploaded to Youtube that made things clearer. That clip is down now, too, though.

• Locked thread