Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

El Hefe posted:

I play these games to beat up thugs and super villains with bat-gadgets, who cares about the plot.

Don't forget sitting on a rooftop, brooding over which bat-gadget to use to beat up the thugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm gonna knock a dude out then burn out the Batmobile on his unconscious body. non-lethally

The wheels are made of incredibly soft pillows.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Place your bets on the identity of the Arkham Knight!

Quincy Sharp

No contest.

Also it's the Penguin.

I wasn't that excited for this game, but drat, I really am now! I can't wait.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

Jean-Paul Valley version with souped-up robot armor

Why can't we get this? This is the best version of Azrael :(

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Arkham Knight will be Stan Lee.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'd believe it.

After a long fight, he'll pull off the mask and shout "Excelsior!"

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Ekster posted:

lmao 45 gigs?

Even a game this huge and pretty can't justify that.

Sure it can. Uncompressed files!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

Welcome to 2013, when modern AAA video games stopped being less than 20 GB

Admittedly, Witcher 3 which was one of the biggest games I've ever played was only 21~ Gigabytes. Compression and good asset use is a thing, but I suspect some developers don't/can't be bothered?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Rorus Raz posted:

Weren't they bragging that the Batmobile's model took more space than the entirety of Arkham Asylum?

That doesn't scream "awesome" to me, but rather "but the gently caress did you do wrong?"

A 6.7 gigabyte model? How the hell would you manage that. (In a release format. I guess uncompressed with super high quality textures would make sense)

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

BreakAtmo posted:

Does anyone know if Arkham Knight uses pre-rendered cutscenes?

I don't think it does. Someone mentioned all of them being in-engine now, so your outfit choices will show up.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

It's saying "Unlocking in 5 hours" for me on the store. Midnight release?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

DirtyWorker posted:

It's sad when companies don't care about QA before the games release anymore. How many times did they push the launch window for this game? And yet, the managed to royally gently caress up. Currently the game sits with 37% positive and 63% negative reviews on Steam. Almost all saying the same thing, that it's badly optimized, has random crashes and runs like poo poo even on high-end equipment.

I guess we're the beta tester for a messy game. Yet again.

Edit: The game doesn't even support 3D Vision anymore, like the three previous games did.

Except this time, people can ask for their money back - and get it.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Playing on a 970, latest driver. Seems pretty solid so far - minor issues here and there but not as bad as I thought it'd be.

Actual game is fantastic, though. Best Batman so far and I'm really digging it.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Had my first real crash. Bah.

I really, really like the game but today it's been crashing and has worse performance than it had yesterday somehow! I hope it's patched :(

Is it likely?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Aquasnake posted:

Also I saw someone earlier asking how to drop from a ledge. It's now ctrl+middle mouse button. Another one of the ??? Controls. Along with the drone hack special being unusable without dying because you can't really dodge while using it. And the employee being the same button as flip. So if your tank flips over you are going to lose your special meter getting back upright. I remapped the special combo takedowns to R, Y, T so they are similar to city's except for the instant takedown which is now R instead of E

I feel that every single PC control is the preference to the person setting them up rather than Q&A.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

GreenManGaming says I can't get a refund because it's been seven days and I already have the product on Steam.

And I can't get a refund from Steam because I didn't buy it there.

:shepicide:

Where are you? Europe, UK or USA?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

So mods on the WBGames support forum have started quietly deleting posts that criticize the quality of the PC version. Probably a difficult job to do without people noticing, since that's every post.

Naturally. Shocked it took them this long.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

USA. I saw the refund thing now, though, so I guess I'll just wait for the patch and see how things go.

Right. Their "You can't have a refund until X" is bull in the UK, so I was curious. Good luck though - hope we get a patch or you get a refund.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Yaos posted:

The only problem I have with the Batmobile is that the brakes don't seem to do anything and it starts to reverse before it comes to a complete stop.

I gave up with using breaks. I just use into a Tank and back again since it seems to bleed all speed off. Also looks hilarious.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Tell me this breaks a pro consumer law in the EU about false advertising or something. That'd be p funny

E: Beaten like Zasz

No, I don't think so. They don't state 60 FPS there, so there is no false advertising. Sure, it's not an accurate representation of the final product - but I see no real legal stick to it.

Alas.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

nopantsjack posted:

So there's not a lot of hope for a timely patch within the next day or two if they're taking the whole thing down, right?
was there even any day one patch or did they have no plans for post-release support? At least I can hope the PC porting studio all lose their jobs.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see something early next week. They'll want this resolved so they can start selling again.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Also out of Retail and GMG, I believe. By Warner Bro's

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Calaveron posted:

There's a bit late on where Batman goes back to his civvies and talks like Bruce Wayne and holy poo poo does Kevin Conroy sound old. At this rate he'll do fine for another DKR animated movie.

It's too bad we aren't playing as an older Batman. MGS4 but Batman.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

OnimaruXLR posted:

I actually got that feeling a few times in the game, even without the advanced aging. In particular the first thing you do in the game is kind of like the inverse of the microwave hall crawl.

How old is Bruce anyway? Mid 30's at this point?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Gotham has a really, really bad legal system and really good lawyer companies for the villains.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

FutonForensic posted:

I also love that this mastermind's decade long plan to take down the Bat was to just hire as many guns and tanks as possible and then act befuddled when it doesn't work.

"Look, we need to separate our force and put them in these areas. No one may go help the other dude. This way, we have total coverage!"

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Veotax posted:

Is the REC gun story locked or is it just like the ice grenades and I just have to pick it up? I haven't tried punching the glass.

Go punch the glass.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Riddler is the ultimate example of "wow, this guy would be incredible if they didn't have so many issues".

Also he'd be incredibly dangerous if he like, set a nuclear bomb to go off and then hid it's location behind 362 different clues. Instead of what he does now.

The end of his mission line is great if you've not gotten all of the stuff solved. Honestly, Batman should just cement over the little hatch he hides in and leave him there.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

He could just do that and not leave clues behind. Dude's a good hider.

You say that...

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Flytrap posted:

There was a comic where some henchmen working for the Riddler found one of his plans, and then decided to go through with it but skipping the part where they leave clues behind.

The heist went perfectly and they got off totally scot-free, never to be found out.

There was also the time when the Riddler himself tried to do it without riddles but found that he subconsciously left some behind without noticing. He ends up putting himself back in Arkham because he realizes that he actually is crazy.

Riddler really is one of the best villains.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I need some ending help - Primarily the second ending. I've done everything except the Riddler stuff collectathon and the game isn't letting me activate the Knightfall protocol, saying I should go capture him first. I thought you could activate it regardless of how much you'd finished? Any advice?

Edit: Oh. It's a bug. gently caress this game.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 29, 2015

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Generic Monk posted:

can someone explain to me who azrael is, why i've never heard of him before in my life, and why this assassins creed looking mother fucker is in my batman game + looking to succeed batman???????? this guy??????????????? seriously?????????????????????

are his parents even dead?

There is a very solid Audiobook called 'Batman: Knightfall' on youtube that is about the first Azrael. It's worth a listen if you want more batman and Azrael backstory.

Edit: Probably best to use the search term "Audiobook Youtube Batman: Knightfall" as if you just search youtube for "Knightfall" you may get Arkham Knight spoilers.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I assume this is probably the BBC radio play. They actually did a couple of Batman and Superman stories in that format. The Batman stuff is pretty neat because they got Michael Gough to be Alfred in them, and the dude playing Batman has a pretty unique take on the voice, going off the idea that the Wayne's are old-money.

The Superman ones are neat too, but you have to deal with some of the goofiness from the comic stories being adapted that might otherwise have been dropped (like Lex Luthor being Australian).

I'm not sure - I don't think they are BBC. They are really good and up on Youtube, unabridged, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

This one?

Because that's the BBC version. And sketchy as gently caress to be listening to on YouTube because I doubt they're getting any revenue, and you can absolutely buy it.

That one. Huh! I did not know it's BBC. I have it sitting on a shelf behind me, too. Listened to it like hell as a kid.

Totally worth buying though.

• Locked thread