Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Op needs more joker pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Right, spoilers are coming out. Time to leave the thread.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

f

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 22, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Congratulations Tree Huffer, you managed to PM me first.

To everyone else that pm'd me, sorry. One of you was second by only like a minute.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

dont sell poo poo outside of SA Mart

Ah, sorry about that. Won't happen again.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Pole of Mars posted:

I get this message when I try to redeem my Nuveem key. I sent Nuveem support a message about it already but I wanted to see if others got that problem as well.

That's probably because it's the Harley Quinn DLC code.

I got the same thing from GMG because they put the DLC code above/before the main game code but didn't label either of them.

Just put in the other code you should have been sent and it'll all be fine.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I've been replaying Origins to refresh my combat timing and you know what, after a year or so away from it, the bugs and the vitriol of 'not the joker again' syndrome, it's not actually that bad.

In fact as far as story goes it's downright enjoyable. I'm not being deliberately led from place to place by the joker, the enemies aren't stumbling over themselves to find reasons for you to fight them and Batman has the right level of Rage for my liking. Like, i've noticed that so far, right up to the Joker reveal, I've done nothing but follow clues/leads and deduce the crime in front of me.

Batman's even quoted "i dont have time for this poo poo" once or twice like he's actively aware that the interruptions to his main task are getting loving tedious.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Still encrypted :mad:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

peer posted:

It's unpacking now, try restarting steam

The restart did the trick, though i hope that 30 minutes to update is an exaggeration :(

edit: yeah, it's the patch.

It must be loving huuuge.

Kin fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 23, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My steam says it's unlocking on the 22nd (up until today it said the 23rd) and it unlocks in 5 hours, which will be 4pm in New Zealand.

Sucks for being down under i guess.

Mine still has another 15 minutes of patch downloading before it unlocks :/ Why it couldn't have done this 6 hours ago when i pre-loaded it i don't know.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Doc Morbid posted:

Is there really no option to remove the 30fps cap on PC, or am I a stupid idiot? (I am, but that's beside the point)

At least I can crank up the visuals, I guess.

It seems like the graphics options are surprisingly limited. I don't even have an option for high textures with a 970 and i don't see anything about AA in there at all (well there is, but it's just on or off).

Kin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 23, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Wow, where's the last hour and a half gone.

Other than the odd stutter (the initial batmobile intro brought the game to a stutter) it's been pretty smooth on a 970 with all the ingame settings to max. It looks amazing, so i'm not sure how much more amazing it could look with whatever settings are in the ini file.

Edit: The first race sucks balls though. Basically not fun and it was way too easy to fall off the track, but i dont like racing games so that might be jading my opinion.

Also, it kinda feels too open if that's a thing. Like i'm sure i'll familiarise myself with the environment eventually but i'm wondering if it'll be like GTA5 where it was too vast for me to recognise bits i'd been to unless i went back to them a whole bunch of times.

Kin fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 23, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i did the harley quinn story pack and does she have super powers now? at one point she leapt like five storeys down an elevator shaft like it was nothing. batman's got a magic cape so i can buy him doing it but harley quinn, really? also moves like a ninja with spring shoes, poo poo is crazy

having the voice of "harleen" pop up in her head and try to reason with her was a nice touch though

Where do you access the story pack? I went looking for it in extras but couldn't see it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I've no idea what's up with all of you on PC with issues. Mine loaded and runs flawlessly. In fact the only issue i had was when i went in and tried to change the ini file from 30fps to 60 then the game wouldn't load.

What rigs are you all on because it's undoubtedly your setup.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

Oh gently caress yeah undoubtedly, which is why turning MobilePostProcessBlurAmount to 0.0 actually makes the game run fine for me, that's totally my system's fault.

DirtyWorker posted:

^^^^Totally, gently caress our setups, alright.

You aren't having problems, which makes any problem everyone else is having their setup...? lol k

Everyone is a bit of an exaggeration.

And what exactly are the specs of your systems?

My machine isn't magic, it's an nvidia 970 on the latest drivers with an i3570k processor and 8gb of ram. Hardly a unique or bespoke setup.

Works right out the box all settings cranked to max.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The only console posters are complaining about PC posters/talking about their epic downloading the game stories, so I assume the others are in a gaming fugue.

It's 2:30pm and I've just realised I've not eaten anything yet...

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I like how one of the features in the new Batsuit is "it can shoot you like a railgun when you leave your car." That's a feature, not a bug, Mr Wayne, I swear. Totally intentional.

It must be nice to be Lucius Fox and you can do absurd things and Bruce Wayne is just like "haha, loving awesome, let's do it."

After playing with the Batmobile for a while i really think i'm starting to get what they meant by it being a part of your suit. It's akin to pushing a button and having wheels sprout from your arms or something.

I'm also digging just how much content there is in the game. The sheer number of upgrades (not locked behind poorly thought out challenges) and activities is pretty cool and I've not even touched any Riddler trophy equivalent stuff yet.

Also the story is a lot more compelling than the previous ones. I'm at the point where I'm trying to rescue Oracle and then Riddler reveals he's got Catwoman and want's me to dance to his song to stop him from killing her and i'm kinda torn as to which plot point to pursue first.

Like i know there aren't multiple consequences or whatever but the story has made me feel like i should really prioritize one over the other.

Oh and, everyone should explore the GCPD when they get there at the beginning. I found 2 semi hidden interactive things. One in the evidence room and another in the cells on your way out :D There's also a Jack Ryder thing but that's not really hidden.

Kin fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 23, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

Also you couldn't unlock all the fast travel points originally, because one of them was in a room that you couldn't enter. You could open the vent to enter, but the game didn't recognize it as a grappel point, so you just couldn't get to the room you needed to get to.

That one was bugged piracy protection.

Edit: oh man, the team up combat sections of the game are brilliant. I'm not sure if it would work with 2 people but the ai seems to handle itself ok and the swapping/combo moves are amazingly seamless.

Kin fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 23, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, PC fans, is it as bad as advertised? I've heard reports ranging from "sluggish, but okay" to "completely broken" and I'm not sure what to expect from my year old PC and GTX 770.

From what i've read, folks with a 900 series card will find that the game runs pretty smooth (once you turn off this new interactive fog feature from Nvidea). Less than that then it's like rolling a dice and if you're on the 600 series then your expectations were way too high for what you card could do.

edit: Also, irrespective of the ability to run the game, it seems like the PC version is missing some extra graphical bells and whistles that give the PS4 version a little bit more pop.

Not sure if that's something that can be patched in or not (nor why it's missing in the first place).

Maybe it's the fear gas but i was wondering if a publisher would ever think of holding back graphical abilities on one platform kinda like a timed exclusive (aka DLC). Dead souls 2 had some DX11 version come out right (i never played it, just read a few outraged posts about it)? It wouldn't surprise me if publishers had graphical options up there on their list of things to carve up and sell off as "extras". Want that high res texture pack? That'll be £0.99 please. Ambient occlusion? another £2.00.

Kin fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 24, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Chello De Don posted:

Does anyone have any idea why the game crashes on start? I have a 970, an fx-8350 and 16 gigs of ram. Windows 7 64-bit. I have all the Nvidia drivers up to date and I was even able to verify the cache for the game files. I'm kind of at a loss at this point on what to do besides maybe wait for a patch. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tweaked the ini? Do you have anything else running? Your fx-8350 and an additional 8GB of RAM are the only different things between your rig and mine and i doubt it's the RAM.

Is it at a particular point, i.e. does it crash during the logos, or is it after the logos when it loads the first graphics during the menus?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

The combat and predator gameplay, at least as far as I am, has a lot of fundamental improvements over City and combat in particular is a ton of fun.

The Batmobile honestly does get better as you get further into the game. It's the weakest part but I think the forced element of it in the tutorial works against it because it is shoved so hard in your face. It's actually used pretty creatively in some of the other areas and it stops being quite so front and center. Batmobile combat is pretty eh but it isn't bad, it just happens to be in the same game as a fuckin' fantastic combat system.

Yeah, the combat by far and large has been vastly improved. From little tweaks such as letting you do silent takedowns when being in the general vicinity of an enemy (rather than having to be in very fixed positions), to the sheer variety of combos moves you can now do between enemies, it all just adds up to and almost liquid fluidity. Which is pretty impressive for a system that was already as smooth as it was.

Plus there's new enemy types that aren't just a rehash of old ones who actually mix up the combat quite a bit.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So what are the telltale signs for the watchtowers you have to take out? I flew around the first island looking for the obvious thing (aka, big fuckoff tower), but couldn't spot anything. I did take out all the drones though.

I do like how slowly dismantling Arkham Knight's entire army is broken up into a series of "collectathon" style tasks. It really does feel like i'm cleaning out the city. I've not really seen any impact on taking out the APC's or the one road checkpoint i cleared yet though. And the road mines seem to have no immediate impact on the situational environment, they're just there for you to safely detonate because of reasons it seems.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

A friend of mine preordered the game, he has an i7 4790k, GTX 980, an SSD and 16 Gb of RAM. GeForce Experience is telling him to run the game with everything on the lowest possible settings at 1360x768.

How the gently caress does this even happen? It may honestly be worse than the Saints Row 2 PC port.

I've found his problem. Never listen to geforce experience.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Oh yeah, what's with the boxes of cockroaches on the airship?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

The only issue I've had with the batmobile is that it has poo poo traction and because of that and the tight chase sequences, sometimes it's hard to follow a badguy down a sharp turn you don't know he's going to make. The level of hyperbole in here is nuts.

Edit: hell, "bouncing off walls"? The problem with mine is that i go through them.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Some dumb idiot posted:

I always just keep swapping between the "Normal" mode and Combat mode whenever I'm having to steer the batmobile around and I never really have that much trouble with it, heck it's like the first car I've used in a open world video game that can literally turn on a dime and then rocket away in the other direction. :shrug:

I used to do that but found that it made the chase sequences just as difficult cos it slowed you down too much.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Some dumb idiot posted:

You can also still use the dodge move to jump left and right a short distance in the normal mode too which I also find is handy in correcting any gently caress ups involving oversteer.

But then again I'm the sort of person who never has any trouble platforming in first person shooters, so maybe I'm just decent with handling lovely controls.

Dont get me wrong, it's not that bad, it just feels a little floaty for the type of car it allegedly is. Generally, it handles just fine and it's surprising how quickly you can get around with it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

is there a list anywhere that possibly tells which riddler poo poo unlocks what? if they apparently unlock worthwhile stuff like combat maps then it would save me the time of tackling horrid poo poo like races for no reason

So far there have only been 2 races and i'm almost done with Riddler's "crazy underground poo poo". So the vitriol people have for the races is insane, especially as when it comes to the challenge map, it seems like you only have to do one lap under a certain time.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

No, even then they're a minor annoyance. They seriously take about 5 minutes tops and are some of the simplest racing in a game ever. (They're based more around swapping blocks than proper racing.) The annoying gimmicks in Arkham City where you have to pull Batman along on a raft are more time consuming.

I understand why people are getting upset because the game frontloads Batmobile stuff on you but they're seriously not hard segments at all.

Yeah, like the first one was maybe a little tricky because i was still getting used to the batmobile's handling, but the second one was pretty easy and i had an absurd amount of time remaining. Then i went back and did the challenge map for the first one and got the 3 stars on my second or third try.

It's easy, people are being hyperbolic idiots.

Aquasnake posted:

I hope this gets patched immediately. Who's idea was it to remove 1000's of hours of replayability. That has been in the series unchanged since arkham asylum.

Case in point.

You can control all the characters at various points in single player (for combat sequences), i've come across riddler trophies out in the city that infer i need to control a character that's currently locked away in a building. I get the feeling that once you've beaten the game you'll be able to swap characters for challenges.

Kin fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 24, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

Is that really true? I unlocked a combat challenge last night and I assumed there'd be a bunch more to unlock. They've always been unlockable, never available right from the start.

It seems like you unlock some as you progress through the story.

There are a lot of predator sections in the campaign, they're just blended superbly with the open world.

I can't help but feel that all of these types of complaints are coming from people who have barely played the game.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Feenix posted:

I'm trying to earn the +1 skill point on the challenge for the first Riddler Race. Beat it in 42 seconds. After about 30 attempts I got this pile of icy frozen turd to clock a 44 second run. There is no defense for the batmobile. At all.

This isn't really an "oh god they made it too hard!" whine. It's a "What were they smoking to think this was a good idea at all?" whine.

You're just poo poo at driving the batmobile then. I got 39 seconds on like my 4th try.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Feenix posted:

Not really the point. But hey I'm super glad for you. :)

I'm super glad you've thrown a tantrum online about bad game design when you cant explain why it's bad game design other that the fact that you're incapable of actually doing it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm at work so I can't actually watch Youtube, but someone posted the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjmLNZtvxk

Apparently the video released by Nvidia was sped up to make it look like the game could run at 60fps. If you listen to the thugs talking in the background you can hear their voices going at chipmunk speed.

So how did no-one pick this up before? Like at the end right before they show the fancy wing textures, i can literally see it speed up.

Kurtofan posted:

Any tips for that commander zone with all the turrets? Under the bridge in founder's island.

You need to plan the poo poo out of that and upgrade your stun move thing for the turrets so that you can nail the timing. You have to take out a guard silently, then then jump out, then back in to take the central turret before the outside one you paused comes back online.

Alternatively use the batmobile.

Kin fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 24, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

CuwiKhons posted:

So I'm increasingly glad I refunded my Steam preorder months ago and got this for PS4 instead. But regardless of whether the game works or not, I am very very bad at it. I mean, maybe it's because I haven't played an Arkham game in over a year but lord almighty, I am gettin' boned.

I did so badly at one Riddler challenge that he took pity on me and gave me a shortcut :negative: Riddler felt bad for me, that's how loving badly I'm doing at this game.

What do you mean by shortcut? Because that's sounds cool.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

floor is lava posted:

Just ran in to man-bat. I just poo poo my pants.

Just wait till you get Deja Vu.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

If you don't like the joker man bat fakeout you're dead inside.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Another one I've not seen mentioned is that there's a particular gadget in the old Cinema. It's not really hidden or anything but you'll not notice it's there unless you explore (i didn't get any notifications to look for it).

Also, dual predator mode loving rocks.

The more i play these co-op sections the more i think they could work pretty well with a human partner (as long as you don't get penalised for whiffing in combat).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So, without spoiling anything, is there a reason why (I'm spoilering just in case it tips people off) i can't see through my bat chums when i detective mode them?

Also, i hear whispers when i'm in detective mode. It feels somewhat hinty at plot stuff.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ok, i think i sussed out what those cockroach boxes are. They're a riddler challenge.

I came across some Harley boxes that i smashed and after 5 a riddler challenge popped up so i'm assuming those cockroach boxes are the same (i only found 3).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

FutonForensic posted:

I also love that this mastermind's decade long plan to take down the Bat was to just hire as many guns and tanks as possible and then act befuddled when it doesn't work.

Don't forget that he also undersold Batman to all of them. "He has a car, call's it the Batmobile lol. It's a loving stupid name isn't it!"

Batman rolls up in the god damned bat tank.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Some dumb idiot posted:

Don't think so, it'll just trigger your OCD since you'll be stuck at one less than the maximum for the capacity of the High Security Lock up, but it's not tied to any achievements or progress

Argh what? That's gonna drive me loving nuts.

Screw doing the right thing. From now on the logic is "do whatever you think will cause the most action to happen on screen".

• Locked thread