Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

On Steam. It's the only way to unlock Big Boss' GZ sneaking suit in MGSV coming to PC September 15. You must buy it. Ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Its free ATM if you have a playstation 4 which is coincidentally receiving about a thousand games for it this year

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Save yourself 5 dollars by buying a PS4. I dont work for sony but Im a big fan of there prodiucts and the way they do businesds. shalom

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

Save yourself 5 dollars by buying a PS4. I dont work for sony but Im a big fan of there prodiucts and the way they do businesds. shalom

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

Its free ATM if you have a playstation 4 which is coincidentally receiving about a thousand games for it this year

mgs5 is one game, not a thousand games.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

mgs5 is one game, not a thousand games.

it might as well be

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
MGSV will be able to take a legion of other games head on and come out on top. Just this gamer's opinion.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

MGSV will be able to take a legion of other games head on and come out on top. Just this gamer's opinion.

Yes, and get this: MGSV is in the title of Ground Zeroes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I haven't played any of the other games, can I still enjoy the good stealth action or will the plot be too confusing?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I bought it.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I haven't played any of the other games, can I still enjoy the good stealth action or will the plot be too confusing?

theres not much plot in gz, you can enjoy playing it though i suppose

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

There should be a recap video of MGS3/Peace Walker in the options, but please play the MGS series.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There should be a recap video of MGS3/Peace Walker in the options, but please play the MGS series.
The collection for PS3 is on my list, I just haven't had a chance to buy it yet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I'm genuinely worried Hideo Kojima won't see a cent of this game's profits.

Stay safe, Kojima's bank account.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lumpy the Cook posted:

how in depth is the peace walker recap, or should i look for a lets play. i dont have a method to play it currently

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the idea is that people repeat history until someone manages to get it right but you should deffo play every one

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I bought it for $5 from Brazil several months ago. Steam fail.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The collection for PS3 is on my list, I just haven't had a chance to buy it yet.

Now is a very good time to buy the collection and Ground Zeroes so that you can be ready when MGSV is released. You will go in with the stories fresh in your mind, and being fresh is very important in Metal Gear Solid.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I haven't played MGS since Snake Eater and I thought Ground Zeroes would catch me up on the story. I still don't know what's going on, but the game rules and I'm psyched for Phantom Pain.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Ground Zeros is loving awesome and I am even more amped for MGSV. I did not think it was possible, but here we are.

I must next master iDroid usage and raise my high score.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
japan time is back, and this time it's for metal gear solid

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

40 minutes? 40 mother loving minutes? i'm going all in, baby

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
can we make this the official metal gear thread and leave it stickied till the forums close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le23bsVURds

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

NickRoweFillea posted:

can we make this the official metal gear thread and leave it stickied till the forums close

this is some drat win

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

You may.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought this game for the third time (PS3 and PS4 before)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i bought this in the winter sale and didnt even finish the main mission

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids
Existential reminder that TPP itself is only 3 months away from release.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

zen death robot posted:

heard a russian say "suka!" when he saw you fulton out a hostage

The voice acting is so good..

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
words that kill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Morpho is badass

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

One of the best things about the MGS series as a whole is the soundtrack.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The customization screen is beautiful

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I would very much like all metal gear games to be released on pc. Seems low effort high yield enough for today's Konami to get off the couch for

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Heck. MGS4 on PC? I'd buy iot.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Hell I wouldn't even need m+kb support or graphical options to get my metal gear solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's awesome how many people on 4chan have authentic gay crushes on Big Boss and Ocelot.. the /vg/ megathread is heavily populated with men that want to suck Big Boss cock and gently caress his rear end. It's cute

• Locked thread