Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6PEecNY0Sc

ShinigamiKiba 1 second ago
First off I want to apologize for my negativity because I'm very very rarely negative towards games, especially Nintendo's wonderful games. I love the Wii U and 3DS, I enjoy every Wii U game I own with all my heart and god knows I like Star Fox.
Nintendo has always delivered amazing, wonderful whimsical games, fantastic in both the visual and aesthetic department and in terms of gameplay, and yet for some reason this new long anticipated Star Fox didn't get the treatment it deserved.

The game looks exceptionally unpolished, poor outdated lighting and shadows, unimpressive and very dated looking environments, generally poor choice of colors for said environments, about the only thing that looks nice are the ships and some of the space levels we saw.

Graphics, imo are exceptionally important and Nintendo knows this hence why they've been delivering pretty much nothing but downright stunning looking games in the past two generations, the Mario Galaxies, Kirby Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland, Mario 3D World, Kart 8, DKC Tropical Freeze and Yoshi's Woolly World are just some examples of Nintendo's masterful ability to create stunning visuals and aesthetically gorgeous games even on hardware that may not be as powerful as the competition, so what happened here? They talked about puppet shows, about Thunderbirds(the old one), how puppets and puppet shows inspired the series...so why not reflect that in the artstyle, the Wii U is powerful enough to handle visuals that would simulate a good, high quality puppet show. Nintendo already have the "toy" look down with Mario Kart 8 and Woolly World, all they had to do was build on that, look at LBP and Puppeteer for inspiration if needed.

You can't make a game that is supposed to resemble a puppet show and give it the most outdated lighting and shadows imaginable, hell if done right the simplistic environments wouldn't have been a problem either, they could have made them look and feel like dioramas for a playset or something...hell WHY am I telling you this Nintendo? You did it perfectly in Mario Kart 8, especially that DLC toy level.

Gameplay seems fine tho I'm not too happy with the gimmicky use of the tablet, I prefer standard, tried and true mechanics in my games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Please let us know if Nintendo responds to you, they need to answer for their crimes

• Locked thread