Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win???
Alex
Amanda
Daria
Dianna
Gabi
Giorgia
Hank
Joshua
Mada
Patrick
Sara
Tanner
Zamariah
One legged military guy making a comeback
View Results

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Tuesdays 8 pm Eastern / 5 Pacific

The Cast

The Show
WWE Tough Enough is a reality show where they try and find "the next WWE superstar". They never do.

As of June 2015, The Miz, Ryback, and Cameron are the only participants from Tough Enough currently competing in WWE.

The Miz, John Morrison, Tough Enough I winner Maven, Tough Enough I runner up Christopher Nowinski, Nick Mitchell and Ryback are the only six Tough Enough participants to have won championships in WWE.

The most recent Tough Enough winner, Andy Leavine, burnt out immediately and was never seen again. He is probably back living in his crack den of a shack.

Let's all watch this terrible show together.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The biggest winner from Tough Enough has to be Lucha Underground. Former Tough Enough talents John Morrison (Mundo), Ivelisse, Son of Havok (Matt Cross) and Martin Casaus (The Moth) are all tearing it up down there. Maybe tearing it up is overstating things in the latter case, but you catch my drift.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

hank all the way

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I somehow missed this in the casting special, but are they hiring one dude and one lady or just one person for this?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

I somehow missed this in the casting special, but are they hiring one dude and one lady or just one person for this?

I wasn't sure either, but since the last one was just one winner I assume this is the same.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

hank all the way

Zayn Hulk

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Oh good I'm not the only one who thought he looked like a jacked up Sami Zayn

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
I said this in the wwe thread, but it annoyed me a lot. Billy Gunn tearing that guy down for saying mother fucker was the lamest thing I have seen from wwe in a while. "Mr rear end" the guy who's gimmick was showing his rear end to the crowd and telling people to suck his dick if they don't like him is telling a guy to not curse in front of ladies.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

triplexpac posted:

I wasn't sure either, but since the last one was just one winner I assume this is the same.

I think all the press releases have said two winners, one dude and one woman although im not 100 percent on that because I haven't been paying that much attention

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The_Rob posted:

I said this in the wwe thread, but it annoyed me a lot. Billy Gunn tearing that guy down for saying mother fucker was the lamest thing I have seen from wwe in a while. "Mr rear end" the guy who's gimmick was showing his rear end to the crowd and telling people to suck his dick if they don't like him is telling a guy to not curse in front of ladies.

The difference is his catchphrase was always watered down from a S&P perspective, and motherfucker has never been allowed on any of the networks they've been on (and unless you're on HBO or channels similar to HBO, isn't allowed in general). Furthermore, DX's shenanigans with pseudo profanity wouldn't be allowed on their program today.

If Billy didn't say something now, saving the kid from being dressed down and possibly disciplined or even fired for it later, he wouldn't be doing his job.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 18, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

WadeBartender posted:

I think all the press releases have said two winners, one dude and one woman although im not 100 percent on that because I haven't been paying that much attention

Wikipedia says 1 man and 1 woman as well, so it appears that is the case

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The difference is his catchphrase was always watered down from a S&P perspective, and motherfucker has never been allowed on any of the networks they've been on. Furthermore, DX's shenanigans with pseudo profanity wouldn't be allowed on their program today.

While that's probably the case, it rings completely hollow coming from Billy Gunn of all people. If you want to take someone down a peg for that, let Lita or someone else do it. People play to their audience, and it was a safe bet that Mr rear end would be all about that sort of thing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The difference is his catchphrase was always watered down from a S&P perspective, and motherfucker has never been allowed on any of the networks they've been on. Furthermore, DX's shenanigans with pseudo profanity wouldn't be allowed on their program today.

While that's true the whole thing of dressing the guy down in front of everyone because he cursed in front of ladies coming from Mr rear end Billy Gunn just came off as really forced and lame.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
It would be like Snoop Dogg telling you to cool it on the songs about weed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I like Patrick and Daria after watching the network special.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The_Rob posted:

It would be like Snoop Dogg telling you to cool it on the songs about weed.

I look forward to the Wellness Policy talk from Road Dogg and the Concussion Awareness seminar from Randy Orton.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Don't say the F word on network TV" is, like, TV training 101. Better to get it out of their system now than to deal with the heat when you accidentally drop "motherfucker" on Raw.

It would be weirder if Billy didn't mention it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

"Don't say the F word on network TV" is, like, TV training 101. Better to get it out of their system now than to deal with the heat when you accidentally drop "motherfucker" on Raw.

Seriously. Billy was 100% justified in calling that dude out and there was nothing hypocritical about it. It's not like he said hell. He said motherfucker.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Benne posted:

It wasn't him telling him not to say the f word though. That's fine and understandable. It's this corporate faux outrage about offending the women in the building that got to me. It's the moral indignation.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The_Rob posted:

It wasn't him telling him not to say the f word though. That's fine and understandable. It's this corporate faux outrage about offending the women in the building that got to me. It's the moral indignation.

Word. Gunn didn't frame it as 'Media Training 101', it was pearl-clutching that the delicate sensibilities of the women wouldn't be able to handle such impropriety.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Anyway, I liked the guy who calls himself "The Yeti" because you can tell he's never actually watched pro wrestling before if he thinks that nickname is flattering.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Benne posted:

Anyway, I liked the guy who calls himself "The Yeti" because you can tell he's never actually watched pro wrestling before if he thinks that nickname is flattering.

If you look like that guy, what else are you going to call yourself? Kevin Nash is already taken (and is also not terribly flattering).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hank pretty much looks like Phil Fish on HGH a lot more than Zayn.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The good thing about ZZ is that he probably doesn't have a Twitter account for us to go all Jessicka Havok on.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

The good thing about ZZ is that he probably doesn't have a Twitter account for us to go all Jessicka Havok on.

WWE made them all sign up for Twitter.

Sadly Double Z ain't he great hasn't tweeted yet :smith:

https://twitter.com/ToughZamariah

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Do any of these fine folks have an NXT contract (like what happened THE LAST TIME)?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alex looks like Randy Orton mated with Mark Pellegrino.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I love Tough Enougb and it seems like they actually grabbed people with potential.

Team Sara Lee all the way.

I wonder if Lita actually had the clearance to just promise Ashley a tryout once they figure out what is wrong with her heart.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Go ZZ, ZZ all the way! (ZZ will not win :smith:)

flashy_mcflash posted:

Son of Havok (Matt Cross)

:aaa:

I legit had no idea that's who Son of Havok was. I'm so happy to find that out.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I HATE Daria. uuuugh

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I like the 6'7 guy who ran the 5 second 40

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I was actually considering making a video for TE. First I said "I'm a cruiserweight, I can cruiser-wait til next year when I'm in better shape, jack", then I heard they were mostly looking for people who would be reality TV 'characters' so like jeez whatever.

I know Meltzer was really critical of the selection because they're almost all competitive bodybuilders, and there were never any in TE ever before. So, jeez, the whole "This could be you!!!" appeal is a little fraudulent. These guys all look like they could eat Matt Capotelli.

EDIT: My pick is Mada and he comes to the main roster to join Konnor, Neville, and a returning Christian to form the Rat Pack

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I wonder if Lita actually had the clearance to just promise Ashley a tryout once they figure out what is wrong with her heart.

I highly doubt they would've given Ashley all that TV time if they weren't planning on bringing her back. Maybe they were running up on deadline and couldn't promise her an official cast spot while she goes in for more tests.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

sticklefifer posted:

Alex looks like Randy Orton mated with Mark Pellegrino.

He's got an interesting look because his ears stick out really far, but his hairline's already pretty far back so he can't just grow his hair out to hide em.

So he chose to do the thing that would highlight both his ears and his receding hairline: Shaving his head every two or three days. Good job, buddy.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That Alex guy is under 25? that is a rough 25

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

DynamiteKidd posted:

I was actually considering making a video for TE. First I said "I'm a cruiserweight, I can cruiser-wait til next year when I'm in better shape, jack", then I heard they were mostly looking for people who would be reality TV 'characters' so like jeez whatever.

I know Meltzer was really critical of the selection because they're almost all competitive bodybuilders, and there were never any in TE ever before. So, jeez, the whole "This could be you!!!" appeal is a little fraudulent. These guys all look like they could eat Matt Capotelli.

EDIT: My pick is Mada and he comes to the main roster to join Konnor, Neville, and a returning Christian to form the Rat Pack

Yeah that was kind of bothering me too. I like the first couple seasons when there are a lot of skinny little dorks. Everybody on this season looks to be pretty athletic and will probably pick up wrestling fairly quick. Who knows though. I am glad they brought that Brazilian girl back though. I enjoyed her getting on peoples nerves.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The_Rob posted:

I am glad they brought that Brazilian girl back though. I enjoyed her getting on peoples nerves.

This surprised me, since it seemed like Samantha just barely missed the cut while Brazilian girl was roundly disliked.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

ShakeZula posted:

This surprised me, since it seemed like Samantha just barely missed the cut while Brazilian girl was roundly disliked.

Makes for better reality tv.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Gator Man and Ashley gonna win.

Ashley comes back with a Dick Cheney heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

The_Rob posted:

Yeah that was kind of bothering me too. I like the first couple seasons when there are a lot of skinny little dorks.

Like Josh Matthews, who I don't think they ever actually wanted to wrestle once the show was over cuz he didn't have the look, brother.

• Locked thread