Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win???
Alex
Amanda
Daria
Dianna
Gabi
Giorgia
Hank
Joshua
Mada
Patrick
Sara
Tanner
Zamariah
One legged military guy making a comeback
View Results

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I wonder if Sara is ever going to make her debut on TV with the way everyone is talking about her...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Daaaaamn Billy

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Just gonna bury the winner why not

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

They're gonna gently caress

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Triple H's kids :allears:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HHH gets it!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Ripple H unburying. How strange.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Poor Billy Bitchcakes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Miching Mallecho posted:

Ripple H unburying. How strange.

Well he just explained why Sara won, which is 100% correct.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
This is the weirdest show. Sure just bury the winner all night long, why not.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Burger King sushi.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

triplexpac posted:

It doesn't matter. HHH's kids are a fan, so Sara's set!

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's so very WWE that even after the show is over they just can't stop making GBS threads on the people they hate.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's all about Hart.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Tough Enough is Amanda taking a victory lap and she lost.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

armoredgorilla posted:

Tough Enough is Amanda taking a victory lap and she lost.

Triple H is having none of this poo poo.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rousing polite applause.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
HHH is absolutely killing on this show.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
ZZ HIGH FIVED THAT CHILD PLEASE GIVE HIM A CONTRACT

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pariah Rex posted:

HHH is absolutely killing on this show.

HHH is awesome as hell when not booking for himself IMO.

EDIT: Or his pals.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Just retcon the show and announcer the real female winner of Tough Enough:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I loved the coaches, judges, and everybody else praising Amanda through the whole post-show for her athleticism, only for Triple H to pop in and laugh at them. "Nobody likes her and everybody likes Sara Lee, sorry guys!"

And he's right, you can teach and train athleticism, but as years of futile booking have proven, you just can't force a connection to the crowd. Maybe Sara is able to maintain that in NXT or on the main roster, maybe she's not, but that's the kind of thing you have to grab and try to build on.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ShakeZula posted:

I loved the coaches, judges, and everybody else praising Amanda through the whole post-show for her athleticism, only for Triple H to pop in and laugh at them. "Nobody likes her and everybody likes Sara Lee, sorry guys!"

And he's right, you can teach and train athleticism, but as years of futile booking have proven, you just can't force a connection to the crowd. Maybe Sara is able to maintain that in NXT or on the main roster, maybe she's not, but that's the kind of thing you have to grab and try to build on.

Are you saying that you CAN'T TEACH THAT?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ShakeZula posted:

It's literally "she's cute and happy." Of course people like her.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

nooneofconsequence posted:

It's literally "she's cute and happy." Of course people like her.

Apparently that's the most difficult thing to be since all the other women were exactly the opposite.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Are you saying that you CAN'T TEACH THAT?

ZZ could've pulled this thing out if he had only taught himself to be 7' tall.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Codependent Poster posted:

Apparently that's the most difficult thing to be since all the other women were exactly the opposite.

It's not so much "you can't teach that" as it is they're not even trying to teach it. All the other women (except maybe Daria) were varying degrees of the cookie cutter Diva mold, and we all know what a massive success the Diva revolution is. Amanda was painfully the Diva stereotype. Every week they kept telling Sara to be more like everyone else, but she was either incapable or smart enough to ignore them and just crushed the vote.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
People have complained that for years they essentially hired Divas based on their looks since they wanted fitness models. But it's okay to like Sara Lee because she has the girl next door look?

I don't get it.

nooneofconsequence posted:

It's not so much "you can't teach that" as it is they're not even trying to teach it. All the other women (except maybe Daria) were varying degrees of the cookie cutter Diva mold, and we all know what a massive success the Diva revolution is. Amanda was painfully the Diva stereotype. Every week they kept telling Sara to be more like everyone else, but she was either incapable or smart enough to ignore them and just crushed the vote.

I don't think they were telling her to be the typical Diva stereotype. But they were trying to tell her to get a personality, because you can't just be happy all the time when you're a wrestler. Most weeks she would just stand there with dead eyes and look emotionless, or super happy.

I've yet to see any emotion out of the girl, or if we do it seems fake and forced.

TBH none of the girls impressed me on that show, I wish there was only one winner.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

The personality they wanted her to develop was "be aggressive" and "stop smiling." Obviously to succeed she's going to need to learn how to act, but maybe people are just sick of every single diva character being a bitch. :shrug:

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

oatgan posted:

i understand the confusion because it looks bad and i only know what it is because i heard michael cole call it last night

There was an edict some time ago, that Divas were to keep away from each others' heads and faces.

ShakeZula posted:

She has that Paige intangible. No wonder Paige is trying to stop her.

Can't stop laughing at how everyone was burying Sara Lee even when she'd won. HHH coming in to put her over was nice, and a message to all the other wrestlers chiming in. Renee looked like she wanted to be anywhere else. Sara's not even that bad - they act like she's a female ZZ, but she at least has a look because she's thin and pretty.

btw I like Amanda. I like her even more after she was so sore on Tough Talk. The best wrestlers are the worst people.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I loved how when Sara said her goal was to be in the WWE in a year, everyone just laughed her off.

Maybe they should have done this show with people who actually had at least base training done... that way it wouldn't be 2 years or whatever before we see them again. Like, why wouldn't you want to capitalize on whatever audience the show has by being able to say "tune in to NXT on the WWE Network to follow the journey of Sara and Josh!"

At least it looks like they're doing just that with the next show, but it's already on the Network so it's pretty much just preaching to the choir.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

triplexpac posted:

The worst thing you can do is win because they'll spend eternity burying you for winning a reality show. The best thing for your career is to come in 2nd or 3rd and get a separate developmental deal out of it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Like, why wouldn't you want to capitalize on whatever audience the show has

Those dozen people are already network subscribers.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

triplexpac posted:

Sara has a built in ring rat gimmick for when she gets called up to Raw
If only Conor hadn't been repackaged already...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Padje posted:

The best wrestlers are the worst people.

John Cena is a great person and the best wrestler?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Padje posted:

There was an edict some time ago, that Divas were to keep away from each others' heads and faces.

Tell that to Nikki, whose sub-finisher these days is "stiff forearm to the face." Or Tamina legit kicking women in the face.

Or for that matter, the most devastating face-striking finisher, Naomi's Rear View.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Becky, Charlotte and Sasha are the only ones who don't mostly go for the face. Most Diva offense is head strikes and everybody uses a head-striking finisher except for the aforementioned three submission users. Brie's only moves are a running knee to the face, a missile dropkick to the face and a facebuster.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One thing that made me laugh over the last 2-3 weeks was the frequent references by the judges that ZZ was potentially attempting to manipulate the people to like him like this was a bad thing. Isn't that EXACTLY what a wrestler should do? "Oh no, this guy is good at convincing people to like and support him! There's no place for that in wrestling!"

On the other hand, Josh is very tall!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Season finale rating was 981K, down 1.7% from last week

:rip: Tough Enough you had a good run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mick Foley is not happy about the ring rat comment and follow-up.

• Locked thread