Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win???
Alex
Amanda
Daria
Dianna
Gabi
Giorgia
Hank
Joshua
Mada
Patrick
Sara
Tanner
Zamariah
One legged military guy making a comeback
View Results

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

it doesnt surprise me that mick has a soft spot for ring rats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I wonder if Amanda thought about the implications of having to work with someone that she publicly poo poo on for 10 weeks? It's not out of the realm of possibility. I'm surprised it was never brought up by the judges either, since they readily acknowledged that even people who lost the season could end up in the WWE eventually

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mick Foley is so goddamn cool.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I love Mick Foley but I didn't trust any of my male sociology professors who claimed to be feminists and I sure as poo poo can't give Mick Foley as pass either, no matter how correct he is in this instance.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

One thing that made me laugh over the last 2-3 weeks was the frequent references by the judges that ZZ was potentially attempting to manipulate the people to like him like this was a bad thing. Isn't that EXACTLY what a wrestler should do? "Oh no, this guy is good at convincing people to like and support him! There's no place for that in wrestling!"

I loved Miz going after him for minoring in psychology or something at school. As if ZZ is some evil mastermind, pulling everyone's strings

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dead Snoopy posted:

I love Mick Foley but I didn't trust any of my male sociology professors who claimed to be feminists and I sure as poo poo can't give Mick Foley as pass either, no matter how correct he is in this instance.

Isn't this actually an extremely damaging attitude to have?

Y'know what? I'm just gonna turn left myself here. Nevermind.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'm just not sure what Foley would need a "pass" for in this circumstance. The patriarchy?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Mick Foley gets a pass because of the obvious hypocrisy, gender issue aside.

The WWE resents its audience for its unwillingness to participate in the narrative they'd prefer to shape or the outcome they desire to see transpire. Thus the mean spirited attacks on people who are thriving despite the poorly conceived set of checks and balances. Yes, ZZ & Sarah Lee and to a degree Amanda are horrible but they put them into the competition and then came across the realization that the fan based aspect of the system didn't reward the participants for their athletic abilities and skill sets the way the WWE intended. This is even in spite of them being able to shape the narrative w/ the video packages for the week in review. So what do they do? Go wild on the comments about the participants be it about their motivations for being in the contest, their work ethic, and everything else that may debunk the outcome.

Imagine having an employee of the month contest that is decided purely by the employees with $250,000 on the line and then the employees choose someone who is popular for whatever reasons but pure clown-shoes as a worker. The WWE just did this - twice in one shot. So instead of just letting this embarrassing fiasco disappear like an elevator fart over time, they devote an extra hour to pointing out that one woman is a bland, barely skilled,potential slut only loved by the COO's small children while another failed participant is a lazy opportunist coasting on a platform others gave him.

As an entertainment company which has traditionally prided itself on shaping the narrative of its presentation for profit, this is an outright failure, on par with other failures like The Gobbledygooker' (failed mascot), 'The Brawl For All' (failed special attraction) and literally giving the audience member a $1 million dollar bribe/reward. This is some poo poo that should be forgotten about quickly and swept under the carpet - almost like the LAST outcome of Tough Enough - though the difference is that prior incarnation was at least wildly entertaining for weeks on end. This is a company who year after year wants to depict its fan base as being the be all an end all of democracy but if they reject the story's narrative - be it booing the Royal Rumble, seizing fan's signs or voting for an undeserving person in a democratic contest - then the company and sometimes the entertainers turn on the fans themselves.

This time, the WWE turned on the participants of a poor Darwinian experiment they sponsored in an effort to redeem their poor decision making. I never really want to see any of them again - aside from Josh, who, I confess, went through the process and became more likable and lost weight - but let's not blame the winners for the failure of the contest's guidelines. Let's not publicly ridicule them while giving them A QUARTER OF A loving MILLION DOLLARS APIECE as if that's the last option to squeeze some value of entertainment out of this albatross of a contest. Just take your loving lumps, shut up and move forward.

Isn't that what the coaches teach the trainees after all?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dead Snoopy posted:

Mick Foley gets a pass because of the obvious hypocrisy, gender issue aside.

The WWE resents its audience for its unwillingness to participate in the narrative they'd prefer to shape or the outcome they desire to see transpire. Thus the mean spirited attacks on people who are thriving despite the poorly conceived set of checks and balances. Yes, ZZ & Sarah Lee and to a degree Amanda are horrible but they put them into the competition and then came across the realization that the fan based aspect of the system didn't reward the participants for their athletic abilities and skill sets the way the WWE intended. This is even in spite of them being able to shape the narrative w/ the video packages for the week in review. So what do they do? Go wild on the comments about the participants be it about their motivations for being in the contest, their work ethic, and everything else that may debunk the outcome.

Imagine having an employee of the month contest that is decided purely by the employees with $250,000 on the line and then the employees choose someone who is popular for whatever reasons but pure clown-shoes as a worker. The WWE just did this - twice in one shot. So instead of just letting this embarrassing fiasco disappear like an elevator fart over time, they devote an extra hour to pointing out that one woman is a bland, barely skilled,potential slut only loved by the COO's small children while another failed participant is a lazy opportunist coasting on a platform others gave him.

As an entertainment company which has traditionally prided itself on shaping the narrative of its presentation for profit, this is an outright failure, on par with other failures like The Gobbledygooker' (failed mascot), 'The Brawl For All' (failed special attraction) and literally giving the audience member a $1 million dollar bribe/reward. This is some poo poo that should be forgotten about quickly and swept under the carpet - almost like the LAST outcome of Tough Enough - though the difference is that prior incarnation was at least wildly entertaining for weeks on end. This is a company who year after year wants to depict its fan base as being the be all an end all of democracy but if they reject the story's narrative - be it booing the Royal Rumble, seizing fan's signs or voting for an undeserving person in a democratic contest - then the company and sometimes the entertainers turn on the fans themselves.

This time, the WWE turned on the participants of a poor Darwinian experiment they sponsored in an effort to redeem their poor decision making. I never really want to see any of them again - aside from Josh, who, I confess, went through the process and became more likable and lost weight - but let's not blame the winners for the failure of the contest's guidelines. Let's not publicly ridicule them while giving them A QUARTER OF A loving MILLION DOLLARS APIECE as if that's the last option to squeeze some value of entertainment out of this albatross of a contest. Just take your loving lumps, shut up and move forward.

Isn't that what the coaches teach the trainees after all?

Ok, but what does Mick Foley have to do with this?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The closest reality show thing I can think of that compares to ZZ on Tough Enough is that one season of X Factor UK that featured Wagner. He was awful but likeable, the crowd voted him through every time. The judges generally disliked him because he was an awful singer, but they didn't go out of their way to bury and insult him every week. They just had some funny videos of him being a goofball and let him do his schtick.

Eventually he got voted off but it wasn't cause of some smear campaign by the X Factor producers.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What does any of that have to do with Mick Foley's interpretation of feminism?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I really hope that was copied from another forum Snoopy.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm willing to bet the "evidence" about Sara the guy was telling Foley about was that stupid creepy "hot sex with multiple men" Reddit post that got downvoted so much the guy deleted his account and was all speculation based on a few pics from her Instagram.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

I'm willing to bet the "evidence" about Sara the guy was telling Foley about was that stupid creepy "hot sex with multiple men" Reddit post that got downvoted so much the guy deleted his account and was all speculation based on a few pics from her Instagram.

Every time I think about the phrase "hot sex" it makes me laugh.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

ShakeZula posted:

Tell that to Nikki, whose sub-finisher these days is "stiff forearm to the face." Or Tamina legit kicking women in the face.

Or for that matter, the most devastating face-striking finisher, Naomi's Rear View.

I'm saying it was some time ago. Back when Alicia Fox was given the move, in the Kelly Kelly days. This is WWE and things change all the time.

triplexpac posted:

The closest reality show thing I can think of that compares to ZZ on Tough Enough is that one season of X Factor UK that featured Wagner. He was awful but likeable, the crowd voted him through every time. The judges generally disliked him because he was an awful singer, but they didn't go out of their way to bury and insult him every week. They just had some funny videos of him being a goofball and let him do his schtick.

Eventually he got voted off but it wasn't cause of some smear campaign by the X Factor producers.

X Factor manipulated that well. A couple of the judges did poo poo on Wagner, but it was designed to create sympathy so people would vote for him. Once the producers decided it was time, Wagner 'won over' the judges, who made comments like 'you know what Wagner? That was ok' to rapturous audience applause. People stop voting then. They've proved their point. What we saw on Tough Enough was old fashioned WWE stubborness.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Didn't X-Factor eventually give up and just secretly autotune people they liked and secretly auto-detune people they didn't like?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
X-Factor, at least the UK version, is so tightly controlled it may as well be scripted. They were caught using live voice processing at one audition session and it goes without saying that everything the judges say and everybody they pick to keep or send home is explicitly decided by the producers. That was the whole fiasco last year (or maybe the year before, I forget), where Cheryl Cole accidentally sent the wrong person away and they re-shot it so she was more indecisive and swapped some people around instead.

Not that The Voice, Big Brother, or any other reality show is any different.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Yea I think it was discovered one of the uk shows Pop idol or something was actually rigging the call in vote results despite people paying hard earned cash to phone in.

I do think the whole Sara Lee thing put me off a few wrestlers I actually liked Billy Gunn, Lita & BookaT but they came across like right elitist cunts.

The girl won the show and all they were doing was slagging her off

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Anyone ever look at Josh's website? He sells online personal training: http://www.phenomsoup.bigcartel.com/

His words are like poetry

quote:

After high request I've create thy maidens a plan of their own..

This plan includes a 50 day workout regiment, that will target ALL muslce groups throughout the week in a sophisticated design her toward the strong curves and tight frame women want, phasing through three micro cycles made for extreme result. Along with supplemental help and advise, and coaching via email. This plan is great and highly suggested alongside "The Feast".

IF YOU PURCHASE ALONG SIDE THE FEAST GET THE 6 PACKAGE FREE!!

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
bumping this thread because I'm surprised that nobody started one for BREAKING GROUND - it probably is the sane spiritual sequel to TE we deserve after sitting through all this crap. Plus, we get to poo poo on contest winning ZZ after hiring him despite losing the competition.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Uhhhh I'd appreciate no one badmouthing ZZ please. He has nothing but love in his heart for all his fans

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's weird that Sara Lee is barely in it, but they've at least been giving some time to Josh and now ZZ.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
They likely feel Josh has some potential, ZZ can be shat on, Amanda's doing Total Divas and they're waiting for Sara's deal to run out so they can ditch her because the gently caress is she ever going to do.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, it's more or less because they didn't want her to win, and she did. They did want Josh to win though, so he gets airtime, and they know people like ZZ so they show him consistently failing just to prove themselves right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

It's weird that Sara Lee is barely in it, but they've at least been giving some time to Josh and now ZZ.

I need to follow up on Sara Lee as that's pretty interesting. Maybe she trains with Norman Smiley (this isn't me making a joke.) He kind of gets the special projects.

This is the cast picture:

Devin isn't pictured but Itami is which is cool as we might see his kids again.

• Locked thread