Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win???
Alex
Amanda
Daria
Dianna
Gabi
Giorgia
Hank
Joshua
Mada
Patrick
Sara
Tanner
Zamariah
One legged military guy making a comeback
View Results

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The biggest winner from Tough Enough has to be Lucha Underground. Former Tough Enough talents John Morrison (Mundo), Ivelisse, Son of Havok (Matt Cross) and Martin Casaus (The Moth) are all tearing it up down there. Maybe tearing it up is overstating things in the latter case, but you catch my drift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I somehow missed this in the casting special, but are they hiring one dude and one lady or just one person for this?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The difference is his catchphrase was always watered down from a S&P perspective, and motherfucker has never been allowed on any of the networks they've been on. Furthermore, DX's shenanigans with pseudo profanity wouldn't be allowed on their program today.

While that's probably the case, it rings completely hollow coming from Billy Gunn of all people. If you want to take someone down a peg for that, let Lita or someone else do it. People play to their audience, and it was a safe bet that Mr rear end would be all about that sort of thing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The_Rob posted:

It would be like Snoop Dogg telling you to cool it on the songs about weed.

I look forward to the Wellness Policy talk from Road Dogg and the Concussion Awareness seminar from Randy Orton.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The_Rob posted:

It wasn't him telling him not to say the f word though. That's fine and understandable. It's this corporate faux outrage about offending the women in the building that got to me. It's the moral indignation.

Word. Gunn didn't frame it as 'Media Training 101', it was pearl-clutching that the delicate sensibilities of the women wouldn't be able to handle such impropriety.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Benne posted:

Anyway, I liked the guy who calls himself "The Yeti" because you can tell he's never actually watched pro wrestling before if he thinks that nickname is flattering.

If you look like that guy, what else are you going to call yourself? Kevin Nash is already taken (and is also not terribly flattering).

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Keg posted:

Post the video of Cameron saying what her favorite match of all time was, and also post the match she said was the best ever, please. There must be a copy of the match she's talking about floating around on YouTube somewhere right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlYIl55WRzc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Minidust posted:

It's funny how, on the show, the consolation they offer the losers always amounts to "it's okay, you'll get to WWE someday if you want it, this competition doesn't really matter."

At least that's realistic. I don't think they ever openly say that on Ultimate Fighter but everyone knows it's true.

• Locked thread