Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do spoilers ruin your life?
Yes! They make me die the small death.
No. Posting on an Internet forum is more important to me.
View Results

• Locked thread
Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I saw Star Wars with Han's Death spoiled and not much else. I enjoyed almost all of the movie the same as I would have (I'm guessing but I don't see what else I would have felt different about)

Then the Big Scene came up and for a minute or two there was a setup that I imagine was suspenseful, but for obvious reasons I was just a little bored for that minute or two. Talking after the movie with my partner, they were excitable about how big of a change that detail presented, and while I was a little deflated about it I was still having most of the same thoughts.

I'm not going to pretend my whole experience was ruined, but part of it was lessened. This is a small thing, but it would have been easily avoidable with the use of spoiler tags (I'll admit it was mostly my fault) but if that can be prevented so easily right after a movie comes out then why not do so?

I do agree that small details or even major twists years later aren't a big deal.

Also the Firefly friend is an rear end, not because of giant spoilers, but because talking during a show is rude alone and trying to :smug: you on a pretty reasonable request is lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread