Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope this has crazy Platinum style difficulty levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I remember that video too. It made me just as excited for the rumble pack.

This game just keeps looking better and better with each new video we get.

Was Star Fox Adventures really that bad? That and Assault were the only ones I missed.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Maybe I'm just stuck in the past since I don't have a PS4 or high end PC but I think this game looks great visually.

Still kinda miffed about no online dogfights but I'm still day one. Do we know if there's difficulty settings or is just limited to the Falco amiibo making stuff harder?

I hope there's some crazy Platinum style difficulty setting hidden away.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The story in Command was the least of it's problems.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbW99DyAAm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMAyQJ1a6s

It is a shame that there's no online multiplayer since there's no multiplayer game today that really fills that niche. It could have been cool with the new controls.

Guard looks really fun and I'm almost more excited to play that even though I hate TD games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Motto posted:

You could find Other M at $5 some places not too long after launch.

I still see it in stores at $50.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Apparently you can unlock the black and retro arwings without the amiibos so that's cool.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This game is fantastic once you get the controls down. I also like how the level design is heavily based around the new controls. They aren't there just for the sake of it and you can do poo poo that would be impossible with SF64's controls.

Guard is also really good and first TD game I've played that's actually fun.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RC Cola posted:

Is it worth $60 or should I wait for the price to come down

It's worth it imo. The game feels amazing and unique once you understand the controls.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

XavierGenisi posted:

Except SF Zero literally does the exact same thing as Splatoon with the gyro aiming, except it also adds use of a second screen instead of like, a map or whatever.

The level design is also built around the new controls unlike Splatoon.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

andipossess posted:

That's kind of a weird thing to say considering the gyro controls in Splatoon didn't add any new gameplay to build levels around. It's just a different way of moving the camera around, nothing you couldn't already do in other shooters.

That's what I meant. I love the motion controls in Splatoon but the game wasn't built around them like with this. There's stuff in this that would be impossible to do with a traditional 64 control scheme.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Any tips for Adventures? I know, I know but it's the only SF game I've yet to play.:spergin: It's pretty cool that such an old game has widescreen support.

Rare really went all out with the collectable thing in this shop. I have no clue which of these items I should get.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This fear test in Adventures is the worst thing. It's a nice bonus that you have to go through the stupid temple again when you fail.:thumbsup:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just beat Adventures and yeah, that was a game. Pretty bad but there was some charm with the weird voice acting.

And I thought Zant got punked at the end of TP.

EDIT: Completed Assault too. I really enjoy the voice acting in this one and wish they kept this cast. The on-foot parts aren't as bad as I expected but it felt like it was half the drat game.:wtc:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 25, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Monolith. posted:

Just make a Star Fox Mass Effect with lots of space fighting, ground combat, and call it a day.

Get the Fox in Space guy to write it and this would be a perfect game.

Can anyone give me any tips for Aquas in Command? I was having an easy time with the game until here. The enemies destroy me, especially the big spiny fish things.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's really good. One person uses a pro controller to fly the arwing while the other uses the gamepad as like a turret. Think Han flying while Luke shoots the Millennium Falcon.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DanielCross posted:

As I recall, you can only play stages that you've already cleared solo, So I don't think you can do it right out of the box.

You can get around this by starting a level solo then backing out to the level selection screen and pressing x.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The controls aren't for everyone but I love them. It feels like I'm controlling some expensive drone or something. They do have a pretty big learning curve though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Finally really digging into Star Fox Guard and it's the first tower defense game I've actually enjoyed. Anyone have any good squads to battle?

Here's the ID for my first squad: 3WVB9VW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nonviolent J posted:

is there someway to donate so they improve wii 64 or port it to wii u

The original version of 64 is on Wii U.

• Locked thread