Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Mazreal posted:

I never thought about how they all have the same voice actor, that's kind of amazing actually.

Dudes are going to be so happy to hear another voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Mazreal posted:

I never thought about how they all have the same voice actor, that's kind of amazing actually.

aren't all the storm troopers in Rebels voiced by Steve Blum though?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah, but those Stormtroopers aren't individual characters, they're just mooks.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Another Season 2 teaser has been put up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2DWHR_TcOI

I see an Interdictor cruiser. :haw:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Well there goes the theory that the female Inquisitor is Barriss.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Another Season 2 teaser has been put up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2DWHR_TcOI

Chopper waving two guns around will probably be the greatest thing ever.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Moon Slayer posted:

Well there goes the theory that the female Inquisitor is Barriss.

It is still vaguely possible, I'm pretty sure if they can completely change Obi-Wan's face into a bounty hunter's in TCW, they can remove some tattoos, but it does look unlikely, yes.

Also, the latest Kanan comic (an excellent comic series) features him in the "present" with the Ghost Crew, revisiting the planet where his Master, Depa Bilaba, died and where he spent some time as a fugitive running from clones.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 23, 2015

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeeeees. I mean, it fits perfectly with the whole 'five year plan' and the development of new weapons for the empire. Why wouldn't they want some way to keep rebel ships from escaping, now that insurgencies are becoming more widespread?

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

The two new inquisitors are named the Fifth brother and the Seventh sister.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

thelaughingman posted:

I'm digging her little droidlet.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Madurai posted:

I'm digging her little droidlet.

"Frimmin on the frim fram, frimmin on the fram"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thelaughingman posted:

Just tangentially discovered how the first Inquistor was a Pau'an from the planet Utapau. All this time I thought he was a human with a strange looking head because he's evil and because Star Wars.

Why did the Galactic Empire end up so space racist if all the Sith students were aliens?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Actually the new Disney canon seems to be making the Empire less obviously racist/speciesist. Mas Amedda is still Palpatine's closest aide/advice as Grand Vizier, the Inquisitor, and Tseebo the Rodian was trusted enough as a technician to not only receive a (likely expensive) cybernetic modification but had access to sensitive material (though he may not have had legitimate access he was apparently still in position enough to try to get it).

Of course, that doesn't stop the Empire from enslaving your species if you're useful for hard labor like the Wookies, or wiping you out like the Lasat (though we don't yet know why the Empire did that).

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

The other thing is that as Inquisitors, I imagine that its a case of picking up whatever force sensitives they can find, and not caring much for their species as long as they proved useful. Having a high military position wouldn't keep them from basically being slaves - they're tools for the Empire, rather than potential heirs to Palpatine or Vader.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Plus most of Palpatine's inner circle are these guys:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really, really want those guys to be fleshed out in Rebels. They're so interesting looking and are positioned in such a high place, but have so little screen time. They're just too intriguing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The_Doctor posted:

Left most adviser looks like Sylvester McCoy. Right most adviser wins "most evil face" content.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I think he's more a current day Jim Belushi.

Bottom one looks like a 90s Clancy Brown to me. I smell an anthology film...

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

I really, really want those guys to be fleshed out in Rebels. They're so interesting looking and are positioned in such a high place, but have so little screen time. They're just too intriguing.

Not to mention, they'd probably provide rare insight into how the whole position of 'Emperor' is meant to work. Its probably one of the things least detailed in either the old EU or the new canon, but also one of the more interesting to consider - especially in Rebels, where its more like the early Roman Empire, where the Emperor is still somewhat beholden to the Senate (much as he can manipulate it).

I guess what I want to see is more like the scene in Clone Wars, where Palpatine has to accept the Senate voting against him, but his plans still move forward.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Dude on the far left is obviously an Atheist.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
im guessing it generally doesn't matter to the empire what species you are so long as you're a. from the core rich and/or b. not from the outer rim more useful as a justification for the use of state terror than you'd be even if you could hypothetically become the next thrawn

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Astro Nut posted:

Not to mention, they'd probably provide rare insight into how the whole position of 'Emperor' is meant to work. Its probably one of the things least detailed in either the old EU or the new canon, but also one of the more interesting to consider - especially in Rebels, where its more like the early Roman Empire, where the Emperor is still somewhat beholden to the Senate (much as he can manipulate it).

Now I'm thinking of a version of the prequels that's the story of Octavius if Caesar was never killed.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
fun fact: octavius also wanted to become a magic space tornado and eat the universe
/
:hist101:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Being able to fit into standard issue stormtrooper armor probably helps too.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Actually the new Disney canon seems to be making the Empire less obviously racist/speciesist. Mas Amedda is still Palpatine's closest aide/advice as Grand Vizier, the Inquisitor, and Tseebo the Rodian was trusted enough as a technician to not only receive a (likely expensive) cybernetic modification but had access to sensitive material (though he may not have had legitimate access he was apparently still in position enough to try to get it).

Of course, that doesn't stop the Empire from enslaving your species if you're useful for hard labor like the Wookies, or wiping you out like the Lasat (though we don't yet know why the Empire did that).

Honestly I never got the feeling the Emperor was strongly racist per se (he did have Darth Maul serving him for a while after all) but he encouraged it in the Empire and exploited it in others because as a Dark Side user he'd see all that fear/anger/hatred as a wonderful tool for dominance and dividing up those who might oppose him. Granted there was probably some actual racism there because I doubt you could be a massive control freak to the point of that much evil like him and not at least somewhat hate anyone who was "different" (how dare they not fit into their assigned round hole!), but it wasn't such an all-consuming passion in him that he couldn't overlook it for "useful" individuals. Really, from his perspective everyone else was contemptible inferior scum anyway, why would them being human scum vs. alien scum be something to worry much about?

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.
Sarah Michelle Gellar's role revealed:

(character spoilers)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/sarah-michelle-gellar-reveals-her-mysterious-new-star-wars-r#.rs63lq9p0

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

I like it! The drones... err, droids... are much more interesting than any amount of additional lightsaber blades.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

So, news, previews, and all the like are emerging because of NYCC.

Trailer

And these are courtesy of Freddie Prinze Jr's twitter feed:

The above came with a hashtag of #ClanVizsla

Needless to say, poo poo is going down this season.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

poo poo, I want a hot rod red B-Wing Lego set for Christmas for my nephew and myself (and maybe to keep for my son when he's old enough that non-Duplo Legos are not a hazard).

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Then be... A PIRATE JEDI :allears:

Yeah ok.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Hot drat.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

So the tumblr link has stopped working. Looks like someone accidentally clicked 'post' early.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Here's a backup, watch it while it's still available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud-vzzMnAYQ

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Interdictors finally canon now, I guess.

Death Star Laser B-wing!

Wait, Sabine's related to Pre Viszla? Looks like the galaxy got a little smaller again.

Why are we spoiler-tagging things that were just shown in the trailer, again?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah, feel free to drop the spoiler tags. Granted, the trailer hasn't been released in an official capacity yet but nevertheless, the one I posted is still up. wait nevermind TVIV rules prohibit unspoilered preview talk after all

Regarding the Mandalorian connection, there's been some long-running speculation that Sabine's mom was part of Death Watch based on something out of the Son of Dathomir comics, I believe. Small universe and all that, but I'm still curious to see where her backstory develops.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 8, 2015

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Was just making sure.

Anywho, I always figured she might be related to Satine because fantasy naming logic, but that's still possible in the Vizsla connection I suppose. What's interesting is how she specifies it as 'Clan Wren, House Vizsla', presumably implying a 'House' as above a basic clan, rather than all clans being theoretically equal in the new Mando hierarchy.

Edit: Oh okay

Astro Nut fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 8, 2015

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Cross-Section posted:

Here's a backup, watch it while it's still available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud-vzzMnAYQ

"This video is private."

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Here's the Facebook upload: https://www.facebook.com/StarWars/videos/1037441579640776/

And it's also on the official Star Wars Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfeWNZqVYsE

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

Here's the Facebook upload: https://www.facebook.com/StarWars/videos/1037441579640776/

And it's also on the official Star Wars Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfeWNZqVYsE

They're really going all out with the samurai look to Fifth Brother, he may as well be wearing a shitagi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That whole trailer. :tviv:

Man, this is gonna be good.

• Locked thread